CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice Reviews

This college is very intense. The staff and teachers require everyone to take all classes as pass or fail. The programs for certain degrees are very competitive, space is limited.
Aside from the fact that it's very difficult to get student services departments on the phone, they really want to see you graduate and mostly won't give you a hard time when it comes to resolving issues
Different professors each semester, most staff are highly unprofessional and rude. Finding classes In each of their campus buildings can be difficult. Also the food in the cafeteria is very expensive.
Review CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice
the staff at John Jay are nicer than most other CUNYs. The faculty is willing to help you and actually want you to succeed. If you want a career in the criminal justice field or a similar field I would highly recommend John Jay as a school for bachelors, masters, and doctoral
John Jay is a very Diverse school that I really feel comfortable in. Most of the staff are very helpful and willing to help each student succeed. Even the students sre hard working and dedicated so it is easy to get along and meet new people.
Professors have their days where they decide to be into their teachings, while some do not care of hassles if daily life. You'll be lucky to find some that care enough of their students who try. Aside from this, school is great.
This school was a HUGE disappointment to me. Coming in as a transfer student with a 4.0 I was incredibly disappointed with the curriculum in each course, it was as if I was taking the same class 5 times a day, it is a waste of money. I have no idea how this school has the reputation it does. At first I thought it may just be me thinking this but, unfortunately, all of the students I speak to adamantly agree (which is probably why half of the students who start here end up transferring). This college accepts more students than they have professors to teach the classes (many in their senior semester can't take classes needed to graduate because they are full and they do not have enough faculty), their financial department is a complete mess and not one person knows what they are doing in that department, this school is ONLY OUT FOR YOUR MONEY NOT EDUCATING THEIR STUDENTS. Going to John Jay was the absolute worst decision I have ever made.
John Jay is a great college for anyone interested in a career in criminal justice of the fire service.
I think John Jay College is a good school and its better than my two previous schools. I like how they give many student chances to apply for jobs and internships. They have internships fair and they also have people from the law enforcement answer students questions and give them information. I like how they try to keep students engage in college life and they make me feel like Im not alone and that there is help. I like that they have a office for everything. I would like to see change of more options of scholarships and advertisements of scholarships. I also don't like that we have to sign up to make appointments to speak with financial aid and advisors. If I have an emergency I wouldn't get help asap because all of the time slots are taken for the next few week.
John Jay college was the college for me. I Have always known I wanted to be in Law Enforcement and help others. Although the "college experience" is not that of other accredited colleges, John Jay meets my needs. The classes and professors are exceptional. The Campus and dorm life, however, are not to be raved about. If John Jay had dorms and a normal campus vibe, it would be a perfect choice for all. It does not just offer criminal justice majors, which gives a nice diverse feel. The athletics department could also use work. Coming from a student-athlete here at John Jay, the facilities could use work and updating. Aside from that, John Jay is a great school for the location it sits and the price of admission.
As a high school senior, I was scared to take out loans for college without fully knowing what I wanted to do. The advice everyone seemed to give me was take a whole bunch of different classes and you'll figure it out but because I knew myself I decided to go to John Jay College of Criminal Justice because I could definitely relate to its message, its affordability, it's location and it's recognition for social justice. In hindsight, I realized I could not have made a better decision. I received a great quality education for a third of the price. I was a political science and government major with two minors; one i history and criminal l justice. FYI: just because it's a criminal justice school does not mean you have to major in criminal justice. There are so many other majors to choose from. I glad I attended John Jay College because I discovered their Pre Law Institute, an excellent resource which helped me get where I am today. You can't go wrong.
I love how diverse my school is and how welcoming the students are. As well as the staff. They are very engaging in their work and always offer the students help.
I like that this college is very diverse and students are very helpful. Professors are really helpful and they provide their phone numbers to students so they can get help right away. I would like to one thing changed which is they should have good computers in the class rooms. Computer that I use are very slow.
I really like the school. Academics and support are great but it seem to missing some school spirit as well as the 'dorming' part of the collegiate experience
great professors who enjoy teaching and very helpful staff members. If you need any services the student affairs are always willing to help out the students with anything. Especially if anyone needs assistance with club membership to scholarships and more. Majority of the college is very diverse in terms of who is around the campus and the nature of the college is such that everyone is helpful all around.
Whether your looking to join a field in Law Enforcement or any career involving Criminal Justice, no college will give you a better bang for your buck! John Jay's staff has so much experience in their respective fields and will help you achieve your career of choice by improving your sense of judgement in order to become better moral agents and servents of the law!
Having attended John Jay for almost four years, one can say that the experience has been eye opening to say the least. In 2013, fresh out out of high school I had no idea what to expect on a city college campus. Every thing at the college seemed more refined, like there was more effort poured into giving attention to a quality learning experience while maintaining a calm atmosphere. Most professors at the college teach the material they know well and do not overwork students like in high school. The campus is very clean and staff help with almost all of the students needs. There is only one problem that I have with John Jay and that is the fact that the escalators are always breaking down and seem to take an eternity to fix. Some areas of the college doesn'teven have stairs so when the escalators are busted, the only other option is to take elevators that are filled to capacity with students all headed in the same direction, which tends to make students and professors late for class.
Review CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice
This is a great school. there is not only a lot of ways for students to get involved, but the classes and professors are great. Only dislike is the jay express services.
I like that there is always something going on around campus. There are always desks for different career opportunities. The school is really lively and I don't think theres a better school I could've chosen for my undergraduate degree. The professors are even better, I've learned a lot from them. It will be hard to say goodbye once its time for graduation!
John Jay truly is a college that caters to the needs of hard working students. Flexible programs which offer courses to fit ones schedule. Professors who care and mentor you to further plans of graduate school or professional career in the field of criminal justice. This college has laid out the strongest foundation that I could have possible attained in order to build a professional future of success.