CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice Reviews

1,039 reviews
John Jay has many excellent teachers, but their financial aid situation is terrible. I barely received any while other students bragged about getting so much that they didnt use all of it
I really enjoy attending CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Not only is the campus nice, but there's a lot of events and activities for students to participate in. There are also lots of fun and diverse clubs to join too. Although there are lots of great professors, some of them could teach a little better and help the students a bit more. They could also promote resources more so students are aware of any potential opportunities but overall it's a wonderful college
John Jay College is very diverse, they have many clubs and many opportunities available everywhere. The staff is very polite, the campus is beautiful, and the professors truly have a passion for what they teach and care for their students.
Start Your Review of CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Ive been to john jay for one semester and so far its pretty good. There are different classes to pick i didnt get at other colleges and the students are nice.
It’s an enjoyable experience filled with adversity that is good for me. The knowledge is told by a combination of individuals with different backgrounds. Ranging, but not limited to; military, retired law enforcement and well educated professors. It’s pretty dope.
I like all improvements to John Jay College, and it's a great place to study criminal law. My experience has taught me a lot, and I'm looking towards going further to master a level. I especially like how the professors are accommodating and willing to help you go further in your studies.
I'm a senior atJohn Jay College. I came here as a transfer student from Borough of Manhattan Community College, BMCC, and the transfer process was easy since multiple advisors helped me out. But it was a different process from what BMCC taught me, nothing difficult or stressful. As I finished a semester, i had to figure out what class to take on my own not knowing if they were the correct class I needed towards my major. Something I wish I would see is having more advisors available for appointments to help me throughly and not just ask me what classes I want but which classes I can choose from that I want that will count for my major.
I like how the college Is in new York and not to far. I don't like hoe they are very expensive with the books and the dorm activities. I like how they have a high rate of criminal justice and law enforcement studies. I like how they offer comfortable housing options to students.
Not all the professors are the nicest and set up imposable standards and my last teacher for my online class was very rude.
I like the diversity and many resources. I wish the food offered in the cafeteria would be a bit better.
John Jay is great. John Jay is an above-average public college located in Manhattan, New York in the New York City Area. It is a mid-size institution with an enrollment of 9,831 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the John Jay acceptance rate is 34%. Popular majors include Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration, Psychology, and Criminology. Graduating 44% of students, John Jay alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $29,800.
Coming to John Jay was my goal since before becoming a freshman in college unfortunately I was not able to attend as a freshman and just transferred in as a junior the school has lived up to its expectations and has amazing faculty and resources to help us students. I wouldn’t have picked any other school.
The integration with the staff in helping the students can improve. It's hard to get things done especially with your financial aid because you can never get anyone on the phone or in person to actually help you
Going into my third year at John Jay, I would have to say that it has been a great experience thus far. I’ve learned a lot, I’ve made friends and the academics are very great. I would recommend anyone to go here.
Sophomore majoring in criminal justice and a if one wants to study law this is the great place. Not only that people are friendly and there are a lot of fun activities. If one needs help do not afraid to ask, there are always people to help.
John jay is great college to attend, the teachers and staff are super nice and helpful. They'll help you anytime you need it, academically and financially.
Start Your Review of CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice
It is a great college. I am in the SEEK program and they are very helpful because they help you with the struggles your in with school and they give you guidance counselors to hel you throughout your whole college experience.
I think John jay is a amazing university for people that want to go out and meet diverse professionals of the city of New York. There are always something to do and its amazing how many different things they teach.
Has a lot of sports programs and the campus part of the campus is pretty new. Food choices are lackluster. If you want a career working in the government this school would be the definite starting point.