CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
City University of New York Athletic Conference
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.91 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration1,257 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Corrections133 Graduates
Political Science and Government98 Graduates
Legal Studies92 Graduates
Public Administration80 Graduates
Forensic Science and Technology68 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.91 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.104 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.63 responses
Colleges like CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- B-CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
- 2 Year
- New York, NY
- 1,428 reviews
- A-CUNY Baruch College
- 4 Year
- New York, NY
- 1,107 reviews
- BCUNY Hunter College
- 4 Year
- New York, NY
- 1,876 reviews
- BCUNY Kingsborough Community College
- 2 Year
- Brooklyn, NY
- 654 reviews
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice Reviews
I love how the professors actually care about their students. Although you're in a class of about 35-40 students, if you make an effort to talk to your professor and reach out, you will stand out amongst the rest. If not, you will just be another name on the roster. These professors are either active in the subject they are teaching or are retired so they know what they are talking about. So make sure you build a relationship with them - they may be able to write an amazing recommendation or get you a job after you graduate! Additionally, the main buildings are two blocks from Central Park and Columbus Circle so it's located in a desirable place in uptown NYC with lots to do and eat.
John Jay is a college like no other. You are surrounded by the city which is the complete opposite to the ideal campus life. There is so much to do while gettingna great education. If law or criminal justice is your passion, if you want to experience the wonderful fast paced life of the city, or if you want a strong welcoming environment, then John Jay College of Criminal Justice is the school for you. Here at John Jay, all students are free to express themselves while gaining an abundance of education to help further themselves in their career. If you see something wrong in the justice system and want to fix it, then apply to John Jay College of Criminal Justice where we all are “Advocates for Justice”!
CUNY John Jay College of Criminal Justice cares about their students feelings, opinions and academic success. The professors challenge their students thoughts and allows room for agency. The school has many helpful resources to help relieve students from stress, such as Counseling, the Women's Center, Urban Male Initiative, and academic advisors. For students who have children, John Jay's Childcare Center is amazing. The staff takes very care of the children, inform parents on how their children have been behaving, give children tours around the college, and they throw events for children and graduating parents. There is no change that this college needs. It was an amazing experience and I intend to go back for graduate school.