CUNY Hostos Community College Reviews

My experience at Hostos Community College at first was a challenge because I was a new person there, I didn't know any friends, and I felt lose my first few months at the college. Over time, I was able to make new friends by talking to people in the class and participating in events in the school like Leadership Academy. A lot of professors are willing to work with the students that are reaching out to them for example if you have any family issue they are willing to help you and they will tell you any resource that they know about on or outside of the campus. It really good school even knowing that it is a community college and a lot of community college get a bad name, However, I believe Hostos is a great school.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOSTOS. If it wasn't for Hostos Community College, I wouldn't be here today. My first three years of college was rough and my grades weren't the best. I just wasn't in the right state of mind or right environment. (I went out of state). I came back to New York and applied to Hostos. I was so afraid that I wouldn't get accepted and my dreams would be crushed. Little did I know that Hostos would give me the chance to get back on my feet and start fresh. Get the grades that I truly deserved. I worked hard. And through all that hard work, I was able to graduate with my first degree in Liberal Arts & Science. I really love Hostos. I will never forget the opportunity they gave me to redeem myself.
I am currently a dental hygiene student at Hostos Community College. I consider this program to be one of the best in New York. Faculty is very professional, helpful, and challenging.
Review CUNY Hostos Community College
Being at Hostos has been an over all great experience , if I had to change anything about Hostos it would be a few of the professors that lack good teaching skills and testing skills.
Professors are very knowledgeable, students are friendly, and the campus is small. located near the train station which make commuting a breeze.
Through it all. I made it through. The resources and help was there for me and to me my hest experience was this last semester where I got to learn alot new things and thanks to professor Flemister this semester was alot easier for me.
I've had the privilege of being taught by professors who actually care about the individual student, the diversity of cultures and actually care if their students walk away inspired and having learned something.
Considering the college is based in the south bronx which is known as Spanish central a lot of latino's reside in the school which is a good thing, but the administration should be a bit more diverse and cater to other cultures within the school, and have much more scholarships for students of different backgrounds.
Hostos is an amazing college! Professors are super helpful.. Campus is clean and well maintained. The campus is so diverse it's amazing.
It is a stunning process to do, picking out what you want when going to college
They are a lot of times to pick from to make your ideal schedule.
I don't known much about it but I assume it okay
They are a lot of course to choose from and a whole lot of options to where you want to go in life.
Had a little hiccups here and there but overall good time in my school
Be prepared to work and study hard
It has a lot of programs to choose from and people help you out the whole till you graduate.
I enjoyed my first semester and hope to continue enjoying the rest of my time I have left in Hostos. I enjoy the people the professors and the environment in general.
Review CUNY Hostos Community College
I'm been improve a lot in my class
The professor that teach my class ii a great teach that treat every poner equal.
The value of medicine in HOSTO is that they have one of the best medicine program.