CUNY Hostos Community College Reviews

Choosing to attend Hostos Community College was viewed as a poor decision for a student who had a high GPA. I was looked down upon by most of my teachers, mentors, and some peers but attending Hostos Community College has allowed me to come across impactful opportunities. Not only does Hostos provide students with a vast amount of possibilities, but they also offer staff members who genuinely care about their student's success beyond Hostos. Becoming a Hostos student has given me the chance to become an ASAP student which to me is an extensive family. The ASAP program at Hostos not only helps their students but advocates, and instill knowledge of how to function in the world to their students.
Its a pretty good school. Lectures are simple to understand and the class size is small. I would recommend people to come.
I love my college. Hostos is very open with students. They will never discriminate you based on Sexual preference, race, immigration status, gender, political beliefs or religious beliefs. They have many clubs and others students activities that you are able to do while you course your studies. also, the counselors are always there when you are in need.
Start Your Review of CUNY Hostos Community College
The professors in this community College genuinely possess a desire to see young students succeed as well as comprehend the allotted content with passing grades. This College is great for introverted personalities who would like to learn without having to socialize as the professors to most of the teaching.
Hostos community college is a excellent college. it is worrying about its students. professors are very professional and doing very well job. i love the location for me is very easy to get. and the place is very clean every time special the bathrooms, they are always clean and the cafeteria is nice place clean and good food. you can find good healthy food.
The faculty is extremely helpful and willing to assist students who needs extra time on assignments. There are also services that serves the community along with the students in need of help.
This is was my first semester at Hostos community college, it has been amazing. I love it because in the first in my household to attend college. It feels good to be hungry to obtain a higher education level. but the school has amazing teachers and staff. From my experience the students are friendly
Hoston have a system that favors more of the Hispanics than people of other ethnicity. Some teachers make you believe getting an education there was the worse decision of your life. These teachers tell you how you will fail insead of encouraging you to be better.
CUNY Hostos is a small CUNY school with a diverse student population. Many of the students are the first in their family to attend college, & as such, there is a lot of pride in the students who attend Hostos & a deep desire to excel. Hostos endeavors to help them do so with in-school tutors & a writing center (all free!) for anyone who needs a little help. There's also a computer lab, with about a hundred & fifty br& new terminals.

The classes range from the basics, English, History, Psychology & Math to Music, Nursing, Computer Science/Gaming, & Photography--you name it & you can find it here! The professors are, in my opinion, wonderful. Some are tough, some are fun, some will be a little of both.

The campus at present is small, & easy to navigate. The neighborhood isn't much, but there are plenty of places to grab lunch. There are even a few green spots to eat outside.

I'm in the Nursing program, & I'm a tutor in the Writing Center. If you enroll, drop by & see me!
I am in love with the ASAP program at Hostos Community College. It helps me sooo much I honestly do not know what I would do without that program I know I would not be able to afford books,money for transportation, and more i am so happy that I was introduced to this program by a friend and I am grateful for it
Great school of opportunities
Proffesors works work great with students
You get the tools you need when going to a four year college
I love that the professors are like my Bestfriend, I Love That my advisor was there for me More Then My Own Mother. Being in foster care, my advisor was the only person with my trust.
Hello, I️ have been attending Hostos for the past 2 years and let me tell you I️ LOVE this community college, I️ met people from every country, I️ learned a lot and grew as a person. I️ started working as a student aid also know as work study and after 2 semester my manager gave me the opportunity to apply for a position as a college lab technician and cuny gave me the job I️ felt and feel blessed and thankful for this opportunity. Fall 2017 was my last semester here, I️ will transfer to another college to do my bachelor I️ don’t know what I️ want to be yet but I️ will figure it out. Honestly I️ love Hostos and I’m really happy that I️ made the right decision by applying to this school. Sorry if I misspell something, English is not my first language. Also they helped me improve my writing and reading skills because I️ only have four years living in the United States. Thank youu and god bless you all
Just about everything that happens in Hostos Community College, (HCC), was fun, enjoyable, and delightful. The curriculum at HCC was and i'm sure they still are challenging to take on and gratifying upon successful completion of a course. There are a considerable number of events that take place during a single semester that's offered by different departments. for instance, the English department enjoys a poetry competition every semester. Students and guests can enjoy a play performed by students. The Clubs are vast and populated. And the library is clean, quiet, and well staffed. There is so much that is being left out from this review that it's almost criminal. As a criticism i'll say that the elevators need an overhaul and the floors need to become moving sidewalks.
Currently done with my first semester and the support system from the professors and counselors are great. Tutoring and writing center needs more tutors though but they are fantastic
my experience in Hostos was a very big challenging because it leads me to the realities of life. As it stands now i can be proud of myself.
i has been pleasure studying at hostos community college. It was great experience throughout all my semester. all the professor which i has have made learning very easier for student.
Start Your Review of CUNY Hostos Community College
I love how all the faculty members are there for you when you need them. Professors are nice and friendly and patient. They go over the materials until you completely understand. I will like to see more tutoring sessions available for students.
Hostos was a great experience to me as a freshment in college which helps me to have a knowledge of how life in campus has to be
My experience at Hostos Community College at first was a challenge because I was a new person there, I didn't know any friends, and I felt lose my first few months at the college. Over time, I was able to make new friends by talking to people in the class and participating in events in the school like Leadership Academy. A lot of professors are willing to work with the students that are reaching out to them for example if you have any family issue they are willing to help you and they will tell you any resource that they know about on or outside of the campus. It really good school even knowing that it is a community college and a lot of community college get a bad name, However, I believe Hostos is a great school.