CUNY College of Staten Island Reviews

My experience at the College of Staten Island has helped me focus in on the skills I will be needing for my Nursing career. It was an "eye-opener" going to this college because it made me change my old study habits to a more effective one. For example, I used to write down every word from my lecture slides hoping I would teach myself the material by the time an exam comes. Now, I realized that that method wasn't helping me anymore, thus revising this method to one that enhances my learning capabilities.
As a NYC resident, to have a campus that resides in an area that is not congested with skyscrapers in every block, it gives students a break from the busy, bustling lifestyle of NYC.
Overall, my experience at this college has been nothing less than blessed, considering that I lived in a third-world country where education opportunities aren't available to everyone. Therefore, going to a clean, diverse and a safe campus like the one in CSI offers, it makes my time there worthwhile.
I attend the Prestigious college of Staten Island located in the heart of Staten Island,The College of Staten Island is one of eleven City University of New York schools and is situated in the southernmost of NY City’s five boroughs. The 204-acre park-like campus is the largest in New York City. Research is encouraged, with over 80 science labs which includes the Center for Developmental Neuroscience and the Small Business Development Center which fosters leadership in entrepreneurship at no cost to students.
If you are planning to stay in New York City for College but still yearn for an out of state feel, this Campus offers both accommodations. It's spacious and filled with wild life. What I would love for the college of Staten Island to improve in is the Advisement area it tends to be poor and reluctant at times But apart from that my first year attending CSI has been a success and I love it
Awesome college to attend! Very large campus with a great atmosphere. The professors are very helpful and informative.
Start Your Review of CUNY College of Staten Island
Great place to get an education for your money. It is what you make it, remember to go to ratemyprofessor before registering.
I love that the school is extremely diverse, and that the staff is caring and engaged. I would like to see an expansion of the sports offered in the school and more campus activities! Other than that it is a great school and campus!
I like that College of Staten Island is near my apartment. I enjoy that you have the mall and food chains nearby. There is a lot of diversity at the college. The professors and staff are friendly.
College of Staten Island is great for academics, and partying. However, It is far in Staten Island, Not a lot of diversity. Mostly white people, lack most ethnicity's, NY is diverse so, WHY ISNT CSI.
This is my second year at CSI, I like the diversity. Everyone is friendly, the professors I've had so far have been very understanding. I wish they had better quality of food, I recommend the greek yogurt with strawberries. CSI should invest into purchasing new desks, upgrading the classrooms.
I liked the college of staten island because they have a nice campus and i felt comfortable there. Everyone there are willing to help you. The dorms are really nice to be a college dorm, which i wasn't expected.
I love being at Csi,they create an environment that makes you feel like you are home. Everything is not easy but what college is.
CSI is a fantastic school. All the teachers are there to help you and actually want to see you succeed. The campus could be kept up a little bit better and the food could be better, but the campus has so many activities for the students that you feel welcomed and involved.
The CUNY College of Staten Island is not as bas as people make it out to be. The campus is a good size and there's always a lot of people and it's always a safe environment. Most professors are understanding and not too strict. The food isn't gourmet but it's surprisingly really good.
If you are planning to stay in New York City for College but still yearn for an out of state feel, this Campus offers both accommodations. It's spacious and filled with wild life. For student's who wish to join a nursing program, this school offers one of the best courses. Advisement could be a little better and admin can lose their patience sometimes, but the school has a lot to offer.
The college of Staten Island has the foundation for being a good school, but unfortunately it is incredibly understaffed in many administrative departments. There are only a small handful of academic advisors and counselors to an incredible amount of students, and the food options could be a little bit more on the healthy side
My experience overall has been good , However it always could be better by including more student life activities and more opportunities for students geared toward specific careers along with improved services for Students with Disabilities.
My experience at the College of Staten Island is a very pleasant one. The professors I have had during my first year are all extremely nice and are willing to help you with any question you happen to have. There are many tutoring resources you can turn to if you're having trouble in a class. They offer many clubs and events for students to get involved in.
So far my experience at CSI has been pleasurable. I have made connections and been advised of the many possibilities associated with my future degree.
Start Your Review of CUNY College of Staten Island
The people at financial aid, enrollment services, registration etc. don't know what the heck they're doing to the point where I am very stressed and dont know who else to turn too. Every day there is some issue/hold on my account for something that does not even apply to me or ever did!! I am in and out of their offices every day because of this problem.
The food here is over priced and nasty.
No student life, the campus looks like a barren wasteland half the time.
There is a lot of marijuana activity by the dorms and it stinks so dont go by there unless thats your cup of tea.
A lot of ghetto people who took advantage of the free tuition thing and dont really care about college.

The professors and nice campus are the only redeeming qualities.
Csi has a really nice and bug campus which makes it unique. The only bad side is the food in the cafeteria which isnt the best. However, its still a very nice campus to apply to!!
Food is terrible and very expensive. Students are very much non socializing, on their own. Very hard to get a spot major course. So limited spot of major class with so many students that need the class. Staff are very bad attitude make you feel like you are bothering them.Overall very bad school.