CUNY College of Staten Island is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
City University of New York Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.73 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.70 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.72 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.102 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
After CUNY College of Staten Island
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
CUNY College of Staten Island Reviews
Review CUNY College of Staten Island
I love CSI. It is such a nice environment. The teachers are all generally pretty good. So many of them are understanding if you have work or something going on that is important and need more on an assignment or to study for a test. A lot of people think that academically it is a weak school but it is not. We have a drama professor that also teaches at NYU... thats the same education as an NYU student but at a much cheaper price! That was just an example to prove a point. Either way I think the student makes the most of any experience.
Although the campus is beautiful on a nice day, it can be a drag on a rainy day if you have class in a building on the other side and don't have a car. Good thing is the have the loop bus which takes you around. The staff is very friendly and helpful. the library makes you feel like you're in a movie, it's beautiful!
The college campus is beautiful and very diverse; but, you have to make sure and check "ratemyprofessors.com" because some professors are a nightmare and will ruin your GPA. There are so many resources at your disposal and its all free! The CUNY system is really there to help you and its all there you just have to look and ask. Its really hard to have friends there especially if your shy like me. I mean you talk to people and they are really nice but once class is over its like you never existed. Either way my classes have been okay and hope that things will really look up in the future.