CUNY City College of New York Reviews

1,516 reviews
I like that it is a good school when it comes to academics it is really challenging. Professors will definitely give you a hard time but at the end of the day it is college, it is not meant to be easy.
Overall, its an average college. You have your mix of good and bad professors and the local area is decent thought I wouldn't recommend going to some of the areas at night. The food however is awful.
It was a great experience, diversity and great professors.
If selected for this scholarship, I will continue to apply the same diligence to my collegiate studies as I have to this point, making education and service to others my top priority. I will represent your organization well during my years in college and beyond. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Start Your Review of CUNY City College of New York
It is a very inexpensive school. "It's worth more than what you pay". Considering it's a public school. It's arguably one of the best public schools in the country in my opinion, and offers a wide variety of programs. The school is most notably famous for it's engineering school, preparatory medical program and film program.
The college itself looks dirty, the only reason I didn't rate this school one star is because the only thing that's good here is the safety every entrance and exit is fully secured by a security guard. The classes so far have been disappointing and the professors basically set you up to fail.
I like the diversity in this college. There are many different cultures and also many events are held that appreciate and embrace the diversity.
I think the experince of being in New York is great, most of the staff is fabulous too, but the administration part of CCNY is mediocre. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get simple things done.
I love my college, it was my first choice. Like most students that attend CCNY, I am a commuter student and I love how close the campus is to all public transits. My advice is that if you need any financial,registrar or bursar assistance to do it in person because the staff gets ONE star when it comes to answering phones.
My entry into City College after I had completed my high school education was an important event in my life. I found that there is a great difference between school and college life. The world of the school is narrow and limited. The world of the college is large and endless. Most of the teachers live in the world of ideas and books. There are students of all kinds at City College. They discuss the current affairs, art, movies and sports. Some of them would even engage the teachers in class in a political topic and discuss it fully. There is a lot of freedom at my college, it's all up to me when deciding what I want to do with my college life.
This School is not student friendly. The science professors are terrible and useless. There is no student life nor greek life. The academics are terrible , professors can not and do not know how to teach. I am planning to transfer because my experience at this school is terrible. The campus is beautiful but , besides that everything else is awful . I do not recommend any upcoming freshman to come to this school. unless you are looking forward for four years of torture and depression.
City college should have more medical courses and sophie davis should be open to everyone its not fair thats its only open to newly people !!!
Recently transferred here from Lehman College last semester. In terms of social life, a lot of the students here are antisocial, so the best way to make friends is to join clubs. Overall, pretty decent school with a lot of opportunities
City college offers a variety of courses, majors, and minors allowing students to have a wide range of things to choose from. There are also programs which help students in applying to internships and jobs which is great.
Great school. Small school, but that allows teachers to be more engaged with a student's needs. Fun environment. I would give it 5 stars, however I'm a commuting student and I don't know too much about the campus at night, which is when I hear the fun comes to life. People do care about their school work and are super chill. You'll always find your crowd.
I like the diversity and the architectural structure of the school. There is a lot of beautiful spots to relax and study and many student activities during the semester, including the DJ every Thursday!
The City College of New York is an amazing institution. It has a wide variety of majors and minors, and a student can get a very well rounded education at this institution. Aside from education, there are always great events and lectures happening on campus covering a variety of topics. This school is not just for people working on their undergrad or graduate degrees, it is for everyone.
Great School, Beautiful Campus. Diverse Student body. Like any school, you get out what you put in. a great variety of food available on and off campus.
Start Your Review of CUNY City College of New York
The campus is beautiful and vast. There are a lot of places offered. The staff are nice and respectful.
I really enjoy how professional the professors are and how full of information they are. What I don't appreciate is the constant breaking down of elevators and escalators all the time year-round.
The great part about CCNY is that a large percentage of the professors have taught at Columbia, NYU, Parsons, Cooper Union, or Syracuse, so they bring a great value to the classroom at a much affordable cost. So far all of my professors have been fairly decent and well respected in their fields. The bad part about CCNY is that the school has poor management and rude faculty, they seem not to care about catering to students. Also the campus is extremely outdated and needs major renovation in some buildings. All in all its a good school but if you're looking for a traditional university experience, this is not the college for you. However, if you're looking to go to school in the middle of Manhattan at an affordable price, than City College is definitely for you.