1. Brooklyn, NY
  2. 4 Year

CUNY Brooklyn College Reviews

For the past 1 and half years I have studied in CUNY Brooklyn College, there are many unforgettable memories. They built me up to become a mature person. I have networked with many professors in my major of study, I like to be surrounded by different people on campus because they came from different countries. The diversity on campus is the greatest thing to make friends with.
Very diverse like Brooklyn itself. Many opportunities. Brooklyn College is what you make it. There are many majors and programs to choose from. There are many clubs to join.
Brooklyn College has a beautiful campus and expansive, well stocked library. My professors were always willing to help accommodate me and didn’t mind if I stopped in with a question or to talk. Student resources are widely available and vary from job readiness and search, counseling and tutoring. The dorm is located directly across the street from the main campus and everything is 2 blocks away from a shopping strip.
The gym and sports facilities are well kept and there is a huge pool. The only down side is it offers slightly less options for aid for part time students.
I am a freshman at Brooklyn College now completing my second semester. So far it has been great, theres a vast variety of teachers so you're able to find one that you would work well with. BC feedbacks on BC web central helps with that process with choosing teachers. Even though I say my semester has been great doesn't mean it was easy. I studied more than I have ever this past semester. If you are not willing to do the work, you won't meet the criteria of being a straight A's student. Sadly I don't have much experience with Brooklyn College but I hope this somehow helped.
Brooklyn College is a very focused academic institution. Especially during fall semester, students are mostly interested in getting their work done due to cold weather conditions. In the spring semester the environment is more interesting as there are more activities which allows students to interact with each other and build connections. The professors are fair. It would help one if office hours are attended as it helps know the professor more professionally. It also helps understanding the assignment and the grading rubric. Overall, Brooklyn College is a really nice college to in New York City.
The most important thing about a college to me are the proffesors and the proffesors that Ive had so far at Brooklyn College are neither bad nor really good. Most proffesers don't care about the students, they are just there for their job. The campus is really beautiful. There is space to sit on the grass and study in the sunshine.
CUNY Brooklyn College has a great campus that unlike others in the city is Eco-friendly and prohibits the use of tobacco and smoking, making it a valuable and health campus to enjoy. One thing that should be changed should be the access to healthier food options in the cafeteria.
The students are all treated with care. The tutoring system is well organized so that everyone knows where to go when they are struggling in a specific class, it is also free. The advising makes sure you have taken or enrolled into a core class that you need as a student. The food there is amazing and comes in many varieties so that students have a balanced meal every time. The campus itself is very comfortable and has lots of space so that learning is made easy.
As a freshman at Brooklyn College, my experience so far has been fun. There are so many ways for you to be involved on campus. There are too many things to do! If someone tells you that there's not a lot to do on campus, they're lying to you. There are about 100+ clubs and lots of sports teams. There's also a large variety of classes to take.
First-year students should be allowed to take 18 credits/semester. Each class should have more options so it is easier for students to create their ideal schedule.
Brooklyn College has a great art department - better than I expected. The art studios and photo labs have been a place for me to learn and improve my skills in various art styles. I wish they could update some of the supplies / technologies we have in classrooms. Overall, the best part of college is connecting with like-minded students, ready to learn and socialize.
Compared to my old college, Brooklyn College is much more small which is something I enjoy. The staff and faculty are friendly. There are many opportunities around if you ask questions, look on the website and check your student e-mail. The staff does a good job at informing students. What I would like to see change is the school email. They have not updated to the new version of email yet, which is quite confusing sometimes when trying to access a certain tab. Also it would help to have less complicated classes for degree requirements.
At Brooklyn college i really admired how well kept the campus was and how home welcoming the staff and students were. I really liked the peace you have on campus when it comes to you studying or laying down in the grass for a rest in between class.
Idk i'm a freshman and want to transfer... so not really into the career part yet
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
I can't wait to transfer.
Security is wayyyy overboard almost all of the time, but then there's time when there is absolutely no security to be found and anyone can enter campus
The residence hall is horrible. It's dirty and not worth your money
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
I came because there was a conservatory of music, but it's hardly anything and the wind ensemble has less than 20 students. I cannot wait to transfer.
Brooklyn College is a fantastic school with a faculty who really cares about their students, especially within my major (Earth and Environmental Sciences). The campus is beautiful with incredible facilities, most notably the extensive library. The only drawback is the size of the school when dealing with financial aid and tuition purposes, however, this is due to CUNY logistics and is not a direct reflection on Brooklyn College.
Some of these professors need to learn how to teach.