CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College Reviews

1,438 reviews
Great academic programs and professors, campus is in a great location with access to many trains. However, it is located in Tribeca, the most expensive neighborhood in New York so if you eat out or on campus, its very pricey. Bring your own lunch to save money. There are many great programs and scholarships to go to school for free and free metro cards.
Commute to school is easy if within the 5 boroughs. The school is very diverse and gentrified. Blocks away from the 9/11 Memorial. A few train stops near Tribeca. Many types of cuisines are available as you walk down Chambers street, your sure to make one of the restaurants a must go to spot. Parking can be cruel and parking lots will charge an arm and a leg for a few hours. Public transportation is recommended.
Its a cool college you just dont make friends cuz everyone is there to study. And some teachers make things harder then itchas to be
Start Your Review of CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
This is my second year in this college and I find it to be a really good school. I’ve made friends and the professors I have had were amazing!
My first day of college was August 27th, 2017 I didn't know what to expect . Walking on campus I felt petrified but mostly lonely, Walking around circles on campus gave me quite the headache bus I started to talk to staff and my advisor my confidence level built. Two weeks has past although I was getting used to my daily routine everyone on campus and staff was so welcoming and kindhearted.
Professors are very helpful also thoughtful of students questions.
Many ways of transportation to the school and nice small campus.
I enjoy how there's a lot of support by professor's advisors that will help students with their financial aid or if they're having difficulties in class they will help you find a way to create a plan to sort out your situation to push you to keep going even know if you're working they will help students find a solution to their problems.
One thing I love about BMCC is you would feel comfortable wherever. Why? Because it’s very diverse. The scenery of there buildings are beautiful. But ofcourse, it still has it’s flaws. The service you’d receive would always be horrible. Like when you want to enroll, or to talk to an administrator, or even when you call at times. But otherwise, I find it loving.
Overall, this is the place to get all your prerequisites classes done on the cheap (state school). Most of the professors are okay, but ask around and find out the best professors for each of the courses you need to take. The school has finally started to renovate the old building, however their Fiterman Hall Building (which is located close to the World Trade Center Memorial) is still brand-spanking new. Most of the credits earned at this 2-year college are transferable. There is diversity at this campus, but mainly is made up of African-Americans and Hispanics, followed by Asians, and then Whites. I don't think there are dorms for this 2-year school, but I could be wrong (this damned review wouldn't allow me to submit it without rating their housing section/same goes for their athletics). I know nothing of their athletics since I was a part-time student.
My first year of BMCC was pretty good. Although in terms of safety it's not that great. There was a terrorist attack near the main building on Halloween. Fortunately for me I was in the Fiterman Hall when it happened but people still died. I also hated the fact that they resumed classes and people still had to come to class the next day. I'm going to be a sophomore starting at the end of August so hopefully this year will be better and safer.
I have found the resource at BMCC to be some of the greatest I've experience coming from out of state. I noticed the college is constantly offering tuition waivers and provides many on campus services I never received in my prior hometown of Utah. I think it says something about New York Colleges in general. I noticed the overall quality of education out here is better, even at the local community colleges. BMCC provides a great stepping stone for students.
Overall, I'd say Borough of Manhattan Community College is a good school to attend. It's filled with students that are focused and driven. They have student plays sometimes in the theatre which is enjoyable, different clubs you can join, and group tutoring is offered for a variety of subjects. It's a clean school, well kept, vending machines, library, computer labs, gym, and much more.
The reason that I say average is that the college is good. The college offers a number of resources and your experience that will be shaped by how you choose to use those resources.
While attending BMCC I enjoyed the environment as well as the opportunities it has offered me. They should have better professors.
The best thing about BMCC is that classes are small and you have a lot of learning resources. Professors are always willing to help you, and since their classes are small, they have more time to help you personally. The school provides many learning resources, such as cafeteria, gym, pool, library, bookstore, quiet area, learning resource centers, offices that help you with transfers, scholarships, employment, subway cards and many more.
My experience at CUNY BMCC College has been amazing. Aside from the education, the many great and free services given to ensure your success, BMCC culture makes everyone feel at home and accepted regardless of nationality. The professors are great, the facilities are clean and well designed, and its location is perfect for interactions, outdoor relaxations, sites or food purchasing. The only thing I would have wished is for the buildings to not be so far part.
Overall BMCC was a great school to go to because the cost of attending was extremely low. It helped me spend less money for credits that would be useful in colleges or universities I am interested in as a transfer. Along with the great cost, there were many programs that helped students graduate faster like ASAP, which I was a part of. This program gave us MetroCards and a book voucher for the members to purchase books from the bookstore with credit already to our name, which also helped with the cost of attending.
Start Your Review of CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
The school is nice for New Yorkers. It's by everything meaning food places and is easy to find books for classes
BMCC has been a wonderful experience! There are many scholarships that you can apply to and conselour will help you with your every need.
I like that the professors are great, but the administration whether your first entering the colleg or transferring from another
College makes the process difficult even though it’s easy.