CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College Reviews

1,449 reviews
I like BMCC college, because this college provide all services what I want. I am a homemaker and I have a baby ( two years old). BMCC college have early childhood center for students who have kids.Therefore, I am dreaming to be independent because of their support. I love this college.
I am putting three stars solely because I was in the ASAP program which made school life a little better. BMCC does not provide much guidance and you must really seek out the opportunities/programs that they offer or else you'll never know they existed. The teaching staff is garbage except for a few hidden gems. What I do like is that there are great extra help services such as the math lab and student resource center where tutoring is available.
BMCC offers a lot of diversity including students from all over the world. I consider the classes and material pretty easy, considering the level of education we're in, which could be both good and bad. They also have a lot of resources for students, which can be very helpful.
Start Your Review of CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
so far my experience has been good. It can be very confusing at times, you feel that you get a little lost in the crowd; but the professors are awesome at giving feedback and being reasonable. I have enjoyed my experience more because of them, they are very passionate and involved in affairs concerning BMCC.
I am about to graduate, going to Hunter, but I must say my experience continues to be positive. I am sad I am leaving this great location, I love tribeca. I always felt comfortable in the 3 buildings and felt were clean for the most part, the bathrooms should be cleaner but most times are decent. Loved most of my professors and the people I met.

My advice, google info you need before heading to school, pay attention to deadlines so you dont waste time, email and call whenever necessary and good luck, don't let the initial perception of the school discourage you.
I am happy and proud to become a BMCC graduate soon. Thanks to all my professors and advisor! Great experience to start. The Campus is huge and located in an expensive and lovely neighborhood.
BMCC is a great school, it gives you a lot of opportunities. What I like about this school is that there are so many sources to help in whatever you need. I love that it has three different buildings in which you can choose to take your classes and they are all close to each other, just a few steps away. It is a great school and the professors are professional and are always desiring to help you. Everyone in this school is very caring. The only thing that I don't like is that when you need help they send you to many different departments, but at the end your problem will be solved.
BMCC is a great school with amazing professors. I learned so much from professors and peers here and I am proud to have graduated from there. It is located in the heart of NYC and filled with so much diversity.
So far, the people and the professors are very nice and are extremely passionate about their jobs. The people you meet are cool and they want to learn as well as you. There are no distractions or unsafe things that happen in the school. It’s a very enlightening experience
Great School, Great variety of teachers and students. Excellent services. BMCC is a great school, they have everything I need to start before going to 4 years college. It's a great place to start. The faculty is very good however it all depends on the class and teacher. But the teachers were very nice.
BMCC is honestly a wonderful experience especially if you utilize their resources. Over here there is an office for everything from childhood care, to counseling to even career development. It is something that you won’t find in other CUNY institutions.
Great academic programs and professors, campus is in a great location with access to many trains. However, it is located in Tribeca, the most expensive neighborhood in New York so if you eat out or on campus, its very pricey. Bring your own lunch to save money. There are many great programs and scholarships to go to school for free and free metro cards.
Commute to school is easy if within the 5 boroughs. The school is very diverse and gentrified. Blocks away from the 9/11 Memorial. A few train stops near Tribeca. Many types of cuisines are available as you walk down Chambers street, your sure to make one of the restaurants a must go to spot. Parking can be cruel and parking lots will charge an arm and a leg for a few hours. Public transportation is recommended.
Its a cool college you just dont make friends cuz everyone is there to study. And some teachers make things harder then itchas to be
This is my second year in this college and I find it to be a really good school. I’ve made friends and the professors I have had were amazing!
My first day of college was August 27th, 2017 I didn't know what to expect . Walking on campus I felt petrified but mostly lonely, Walking around circles on campus gave me quite the headache bus I started to talk to staff and my advisor my confidence level built. Two weeks has past although I was getting used to my daily routine everyone on campus and staff was so welcoming and kindhearted.
Professors are very helpful also thoughtful of students questions.
Many ways of transportation to the school and nice small campus.
Start Your Review of CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College
I enjoy how there's a lot of support by professor's advisors that will help students with their financial aid or if they're having difficulties in class they will help you find a way to create a plan to sort out your situation to push you to keep going even know if you're working they will help students find a solution to their problems.
One thing I love about BMCC is you would feel comfortable wherever. Why? Because it’s very diverse. The scenery of there buildings are beautiful. But ofcourse, it still has it’s flaws. The service you’d receive would always be horrible. Like when you want to enroll, or to talk to an administrator, or even when you call at times. But otherwise, I find it loving.
Overall, this is the place to get all your prerequisites classes done on the cheap (state school). Most of the professors are okay, but ask around and find out the best professors for each of the courses you need to take. The school has finally started to renovate the old building, however their Fiterman Hall Building (which is located close to the World Trade Center Memorial) is still brand-spanking new. Most of the credits earned at this 2-year college are transferable. There is diversity at this campus, but mainly is made up of African-Americans and Hispanics, followed by Asians, and then Whites. I don't think there are dorms for this 2-year school, but I could be wrong (this damned review wouldn't allow me to submit it without rating their housing section/same goes for their athletics). I know nothing of their athletics since I was a part-time student.