Culver-Stockton College Reviews

I am planning to enroll at Culver-Stockton College in Fall 2018 and I have only had positive experiences with it so far! My admissions counselor has gone out of her way to assist me with my application and answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly.
The things I like about this school is that we are all a big family even the community. We care about one another and almost everybody knows you and your name unlike big schools. The professors care about you and they will email you or do anything in their power to make sure you stay on the right track. Everybody has the same goal for you and that’s to graduate on time.
It is a smaller campus therefore there is always a familiar face and welcoming smile. The teachers are astounding and the academics reflect that highly!
Start Your Review of Culver-Stockton College
At Culver Stockton i really liked the campus. The size of the campus was perfect and the class sizes were great too. I really like both the coaches there. The baseball field was amazing .
If small town USA is your type of cake, than Culver-Stockton College is the place for you. Culver is a very small, personal college.
The greek life is very large on the campus, with four major fraternities and 3 major sororities.
Our current present, Kelly, knows almost very single person on campus along with their major.
There are not many places to eat on campus (3) and the nearest Walmart is 33 minutes away and the nearest Target is over an hour away in Iowa. Being in a small, isolated community you grow close with all the people. The most unlikely of friendships will occur.
I absolutely love this college. It was the best decision I have ever made. I am lucky to be attending such an amazing school. The campus is a very happy and diverse one. The faculty and students get along like we have known each other our entire lives.
My favorite thing about Culver-Stockton is the friendly environment. The school is only roughly 1,200 students, and a lot of students are friends with everyone. For me, being on the Cross Country, Track and Field, and a part of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, I have come to make many friends throughout the school. If there was one thing I could change, however, it would be the location of the school. Located in Canton, Missouri, a small town of 2,000 or more people, there is not much to do. The closest mall, movie theater, and even McDonald's is 22 miles away, a 30 minute drive on highway 61 and across the Mississippi River. This is a hassle for having to make this trip for thing's to do and to have to make a Walmart trip.
Since this is my first year in college i don't really have anything to compare this college to, but i will review just how my experience is going. First of all the campus is very beautiful. The only problem i am having trouble with is that they are building new buildings, when a lot of the students can barley afford the tuition as is. I feel like the students should be allowed more than one scholarship within a department. Also the art department needs more funding, and a new art studio.
Culver-Stockton College is an awesome college. The only thing that i dislike about the campus is the fact it's in the middle of Canton. You would have go to Quincy, Illinois to get things you need. Overall, Culver-Stockton College is a great school.
This school does a pretty great job of helping students find the right type of job they would excel with on campus.
The classes are pretty interesting and the fact that over 90% of the classes are small with a maximum of at least 30 students, it makes the learning environment easier to pay attention in. And the professors definitely care and will take the time to explain and help when needed.
The campus itself is gorgeous, and the classes aren't too far away from the main dorms. They are about 7-8 minutes away depending on where your classes are. For the most part, the campus' environment is beautiful. There's not a lot of trash just sitting around. Yet, when it comes to the rooming lotteries, this school could do a lot better.
It seems like the atmosphere is pretty decent. Joining Greek life can go one of two ways: Either you fit in really well, or you don't. Either you genuinely like it or you're just there. However, I will say that the community service they do is very nice.
The best teams we have are soccer (men and women's from what I can tell) and basketball. We do intramurals here and there, but I don't know much about them. I do know that whenever we have games, plenty of people usually show up and the teams are very supportive of one another.
I would have to say that I have enjoyed being at Culver so far. The professors are amazing and you can tell that they really care about your education. The only complaint I have is in regards to the way they choose to place students in dorms. Other than that, this campus is pretty to look at and it is relaxing.
The school athletics are just okay I believe. I currently play football there and we had some very hard years for our program. The other sports are doing a lot better than the football team but I hope eventually we get it together.
I have not joined the greek life
Start Your Review of Culver-Stockton College
Glad to be apart of this team
Glad to be apart of a great team
One of the things that attracted me to Culver-Stockton was the smaller class sizes and more individualized attention from the professors. They offer many courses for a lot of different majors and the professors have all been great so far. I'm even taking an online history class this summer to get another credit out of the way.