Culver-Stockton College Reviews

Since this is my first year in college i don't really have anything to compare this college to, but i will review just how my experience is going. First of all the campus is very beautiful. The only problem i am having trouble with is that they are building new buildings, when a lot of the students can barley afford the tuition as is. I feel like the students should be allowed more than one scholarship within a department. Also the art department needs more funding, and a new art studio.
Culver-Stockton College is an awesome college. The only thing that i dislike about the campus is the fact it's in the middle of Canton. You would have go to Quincy, Illinois to get things you need. Overall, Culver-Stockton College is a great school.
The classes are pretty interesting and the fact that over 90% of the classes are small with a maximum of at least 30 students, it makes the learning environment easier to pay attention in. And the professors definitely care and will take the time to explain and help when needed.
Review Culver-Stockton College
This school does a pretty great job of helping students find the right type of job they would excel with on campus.
The campus itself is gorgeous, and the classes aren't too far away from the main dorms. They are about 7-8 minutes away depending on where your classes are. For the most part, the campus' environment is beautiful. There's not a lot of trash just sitting around. Yet, when it comes to the rooming lotteries, this school could do a lot better.
It seems like the atmosphere is pretty decent. Joining Greek life can go one of two ways: Either you fit in really well, or you don't. Either you genuinely like it or you're just there. However, I will say that the community service they do is very nice.
The best teams we have are soccer (men and women's from what I can tell) and basketball. We do intramurals here and there, but I don't know much about them. I do know that whenever we have games, plenty of people usually show up and the teams are very supportive of one another.
I would have to say that I have enjoyed being at Culver so far. The professors are amazing and you can tell that they really care about your education. The only complaint I have is in regards to the way they choose to place students in dorms. Other than that, this campus is pretty to look at and it is relaxing.
The school athletics are just okay I believe. I currently play football there and we had some very hard years for our program. The other sports are doing a lot better than the football team but I hope eventually we get it together.
I have not joined the greek life
Glad to be apart of this team
Glad to be apart of a great team
One of the things that attracted me to Culver-Stockton was the smaller class sizes and more individualized attention from the professors. They offer many courses for a lot of different majors and the professors have all been great so far. I'm even taking an online history class this summer to get another credit out of the way.
I've never felt threatened myself, and I think overall the campus is pretty safe. Sometimes you may hear stories about something that may or may not have happened, but I never believe everything I hear. Walking from my first night class to the dorm was a little scary but not too bad. Eventually it didn't phase me at all walking back to the room. I generally try to walk with another student/friend though.
let's face it, dorm rooms are small and you can feel confined if you have a roommate or two, but overall dorm life was great my first year. I had a little problem in the beginning of the year but it ended up in my favor and then the second semester I got a roommate and fortunately we got along good and she was attending school under the same major. The buildings are old but I think they are trying to make improvements but the whole campus is old, so you just have to deal with it. I think the cost is kind of expensive for what you get, but again, that's what there is and that's what you have to deal with.
I joined the Sigma-Kappa Sorority last year and love it. I would say about 60% of the students are involved in greek life and the ones that are not involved don't think anything different about the ones that are involved. I went to school without thinking about joining a sorority but I'm glad I did and I have met several friends through the sorority. The sorority life at my school isn't all about parties all the time either. All the fraternities and sororities are involved in charitable functions and community support. All the fraternities and sororities have a house on campus that you can stay in if there is enough room. Fortunately, this Fall I will be living with my two best girlfriends at the house.
I am not attending the school on an athletic scholarship and I don't participate in any of them, but the school overall is very spirited about their teams. They are not the always the best team compared to other schools teams, but they hold their own!
Review Culver-Stockton College
I enjoyed my first year at Culver-Stockton College. I was a little nervous about going away to school and being away from my family and friends and my two dogs, but I settled in and met a girl on my first night and we became friends and still are friends. I joined the Sigma-Kappa Sorority and met even more girls including two that lived on either side of me in the dorms. We are planning on living together at the sorority house this Fall. Culver is located in a very small town and there is not a lot around there to do but the college always has events and socials that you can attend to keep busy. Quincy, Illinois is only about 15-20 minutes away and it is a big town with lots of places to eat and shop. The campus at school is very beautiful and scenic by the river and all the buildings are in walking distance of the dorms.
Get involved in activities across campus its the best way to meet people!
I have friends in all the sororities and all the fraternities. I personally am not a member of Greek life, I have nothing against them. Our Greek life atmosphere is amazing on campus.