Cuesta College Reviews

Cuesta is the best place to use as a stepping stone to a 4 year University or to get your AA or Nursing degree
My first college experience after graduating high school. Met so many awesome people who I will be friends with for life, and who have definitely helped push me to continue my career goals. Very close to Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo, so there is still a college scene going on. I just personally don't get too involved.
Amazing family like experience. Everyone help eachother. Teachers are very involved. People are there to see you succeed .
Start Your Review of Cuesta College
This is an excellent community College that allows students to explore fields of expertise, in order to better know what they'd like to major in. Professors and staff are knowledgeable of subjects and transfer information, respectively.
As a first year student I have found that teachers are inviting and helpful! Classrooms have a very open and excepting environment. As well as wonderful campus accommodations and staff! Cuesta college is a wonderful school in which students are welcomed and invited!
Plenty of tutors and helpful staff, spacious and clean campus. No football team but many other athletic programs available. Lots of classes offered and professors communicate well.
Great school! The professors/staff are very helpful and really want to help students succeed. The Cuesta Promise is also a big plus!
I love the campus and every professor I have had so far has been amazing at explaining and teaching the curriculum.
Cuesta College is a small community campus. It has its main campus in San Luis Obispo and the other in Paso Robles. The library there is a good place to study in that same building is the student sucess center and the math lab. Resources are easily accessible to do schoolwork. There isn't much student activity. Teacher quality varies but in my experience the reviews on ratemyprofessor tend to stay pretty accurate. There is no housing on either campus. It is not a bad school it just isn't a school with much social activity so if you want that you have to put in more effort to do so like start joining clubs or something. It also isn't far from downtown to go eat or go the back way to the Target and Costco shopping centers. Counselors get pretty full so it is usually easier to make an appointment especially in the start of the semester although they do take walk ins.
i have had a great experiance there. they are very helpful and my classes were great. my instructors were understanding and helpful. i went through alot of medical issues while i attended my first couple semesters there and they were very understanding with my assignments
I had so many opportunities here at Cuesta College! The campus is beautiful, the library is a great place to study, and classes are always interesting. I have not yet had a professor that I did not like. Cuesta has given me a chance to learn about myself and find my interests for pennies on the dollar of what I would have paid had I gone to a four-year university. Even better, if you are a high school graduate in San Luis Obispo County, you are now given TWO YEARS FREE in tuition at Cuesta!!! I did not graduate in SLO and I still feel like Cuesta was definitely worth my time and money. I am very grateful that Cuesta has been a part of this chapter in my life.
My experience in Cuesta has been great. I just finished my first year and I am currently taking summer classes and they have been great. I love Cuesta College because not only am I close to home but I am thankful that the classes I have been wanting to take are in this college. All the teachers respect you so much they have office hours and when you have questions in anything an email is always welcomed as well. Then also the students will respect you they are very focused on learning that no distractions are made during lecture as well as they ask excellent questions that anyone may be confused on but to shy to ask about.
The location and with the help of the Cuesta Promise Scholarship, it made my first year experience amazing.
Overall, I think Cuesta College is the best community college in California. What I disliked was the science faculty, counseling staff, and the people working in admissions. Most, but not all, of the science faculty make their courses unnecessarily difficult and give students busy work. However, they are more lenient and more caring than science faculty at a four-year university. Moving on, the counseling staff is incompetent as they have no pre-professional (like pre-medical or pre-dental) knowledge. Oh, and I believe that the Cuesta Cashier is racist. On that note, Cuesta lacks a diverse population and can be sometimes overtly racist. But, what I liked outweighs what I disliked. What I liked the most were the social science courses and the social science faculty. The courses were really easy yet informative, and the faculty are beyond friendly. I would definitely recommend this college if you are a social sciences major. Another plus is that Cuesta has a small student population.
I love the music department. It's such an amazing program with caring professors and staff. I have grown so much through their instruction. In my 5 years at this school I have only had issue with one professor. It was a general education class and not for my major.
The faculty at Cuesta College is absolutely amazing. They are committed to getting students in and out to a four year university with perfect preparation.
Hi my name is jon mitchell and I am an upcoming student to Cuesta college and I would like to say I’ve heard that the school is very Excellent. Prestige classes and and the atmosphere is great. Teaches work with you to you best abilities it also work with your time If you are a part time student working and teachers are very nice and in my opinion it’s one of the best 2yr schools in the country. For my upcoming freshmen’s that are thinking about coming here I would suggest you should because the learning education is absolute superb and the housing around the school has a fair expense and close to the beaches for weekend or holiday so I would rate this school a 5 star.
Start Your Review of Cuesta College
Best nursing school in the nation! Excellent instructors, supportive community, and top notch education.
I started out at Cuesta and then moved to a community college in Southern California. I can honestly say that after observing other colleges plus the one I attended, Cuesta is the best community college. The professors are top quality and treat the students like actual adults, meaning they don’t baby them. The counselors are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Cuesta College is a wonderful college to attend it’s full with diversity and offer incredible financial assistance and as well Students Sucess Resources