Crown College Reviews

I love that it is very small so that you are involved in a community. They turn out to be your family. However, it is still large enough that I won't always see the same people each day. The professors genuinely care about you, and they tend to pray over you before an exam. This has been very reassuring and has helped me focus and do well. I am earning higher grades here than I did in high school. I am thriving both socially and academically, and it is wonderful!
No sense of community if you are a commuter. If you plan to commute you had better be a perky extrovert so that you might develop some friendships otherwise plan to have a very lonely 4 years. I've been here 2 years as a commuter and have yet to make any real friends or be invited to any social events. The couple of social events I went to I sat uncomfortably alone and felt very awkward. Other than the occasional "Hi" in the hallways, I'm pretty excluded and lonely.
I love going to school at Crown College. It has a close knit and fun environment, and I can find a place where I fit in. The professors and other faculty and staff care about you as individuals, and you can tell. I would recommend Crown to anyone and everyone, it is amazing.
Review Your College
It is very difficult, given our area, to get a non-white demographic. Most of our diversity stems from our athletics and international students. The only non-white student body from MN is our sizable Hmong population, which has a very strong and healthy community on campus.
The teachers are very invested in the students, even beyond the class. They take great interest in how the students are doing in their everyday life.
Being in the location that we are in, there isn't much of a danger of people sneaking in when they aren't supposed to be here. In my time at Crown, I never felt unsafe.
I love this place. I invested a lot of time and money into Crown, and I loved every minute and I value every cent spent. I will always look back at this experience as one of my most cherished periods of my life.

It is something different. And for me, it's home.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Though some of the halls are older and in need of some updating (paint and carpeting, mostly), the environment makes up for it. The community created on the floors really makes it feel like home.
Though a fair number of students at Crown are athletes, the teams themselves suffer from a lack of upperclassmen leadership. The best seasons at Crown are the ones that have the most seniors and juniors playing on the teams. I think that if they can keep good players for all four years, they have a chance at doing very well.
Great small school with authentic people.
Our campus is very safe and is out in the country so we are pretty secluded from outside crime.
They have people from different careers come in every week so it is helpful for us students to talk with them.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I do not live on campus so I don't have a say in the quality of living.
We do not have a Greek life on our campus, we are christ-centered.
There is a lot of school spirit but not many people attend the sporting events because it is such a small campus.
I have really enjoyed my time at Crown College because it is a great environment. The students and faculty are very welcoming and kind people. It is a joy to go to school everyday.
I really love the online program in psychology/counseling. I love how the school sees me as a student and not just a number. The textbooks are incredibly insightful for my major. I attended many schools before this and they took all of my credits which I am so grateful for. I am looking to grow in my faith and myself and I believe Crown is perfect for me.
  • 10 months ago
Review Your College
I love how eager to help the teachers are. The textbooks for the classes are some of the most insightful books I've ever read. If I could do it all over again, I would pick Crown College from the beginning.
Enough space, great people to be around, and decent amount of privacy when needed.
Best professors there is. They genuinely care for the students in and out of class. The people are fun to be around and also very encouraging to each other. A lot of events take place throughout the year. If I could do it again, I would!