Creighton University Reviews

Creighton is a great Jesuit school with amazing undergraduate and graduate programs. There is a major emphasis on health and sciences programs, research, and a holistic education. The professors are accessible and always willing to help. The EDGE is a very unique student support service that provides academic tutoring, career advising/discernment, and opportunities for real-world experience.
Creighton's pharmacy program is lacking. The professors are older and not completely up to date on technology or learning technique. Medicinal chemistry is still taught here, which I disagree with, seeing as most pharmacy schools have completely eliminated this program. Also, it is not a subject needed for taking the naplex. The distance students, like myself, feel secondary to campus students. Overall, this program needs an overhaul. New teachers should be brought in, or the material should be displayed in a fresh new way to keep their pharmacy students interested and to remain relevant to current topics. I would not recommend this pharmacy school, seeing as how there are better schools available. The only plus side to Creighton, is the distance program, which allows students to watch lectures, complete tests, and submit homework from home.
My advisor contacted me right away, as did my academic coach. They have always been quick to respond and helpful in answering all of my questions. Go Jays!
Start Your Review of Creighton University
I am so excited to attend Creighton in the fall. I have toured the campus multiple times and I love the close knit community that is Creighton University.
The social scene here is terrible. There is absolutely NOTHING to do if you aren't 21. This year we lost the Jay, our school bar that was essentially on campus, and it has completely shifted the social scene on campus. The fraternities and sororities are extremely limited on what they can actually do. There is absolutely 0 school hangout that Creighton students can meet up at. The social life for freshmen and sophomores consists of hanging out in the dorms and the occasional house party. The on campus living is awful, and they require sophomores to live "on campus," even though the dorms are far enough away that you're basically off campus without any of the benefits of actually being off campus (AKA nice living and RA presence). I enjoy all of my professors I've had in the business school, so if academics are the only thing on your mind this is a great place for you. If you're social, however, and you like doing things on the weekends, this is the absolute wrong place to be.
Creighton's standards are high and this challenges each and every student to meet them. The campus is lovely and as a non-traditional student, there are still many ways to get involved on campus. I also appreciate Creighton's commitment to service. As an agnostic student at a Catholic Jesuit university, I have never felt more welcome.
I love Creighton. The academics are rigorous no matter what you're going into, but that's expected. Great and very unique professors that provide a well spring of knowledge. The environment is competitive, but that's an environment needed to thrive. Creighton emphasizes the Jesuit values being that it is a Catholic and Jesuit institution which gives their students spiritual guidance throughout their time here.
Overall a pretty good school once you find your place and get past the freshman dorms and food...although they are in the process of major remodeling so we shall see how that all improves in the years to come.
I don't have anything to compare this college with because it is the only one I have gone too. It's fairly easy to get into classes, even if they are full. In my opinion, there is some clique-iness and it's hard to get involved as an upperclassmen if you are not already in a sorority/fraternity or some other organization. It's competetive but many professors have your back.
Great atmosphere and city to be in, the school has great pride and audacity for their accomplishments. A top ranked business school and signified diversity lead to Creighton being a top college.
Creighton University has a beautiful campus. The campus life is filled with a variety activities and opportunities. I would like to see more diversity and more recognition of diverse situations and clubs on campus.
I am in love with the jesuit values of this institution, and admire the open teaching and demand of critiquing. Ideas and perspectices arr challenged and growth is always apparent here.
So far I am a sophomore at Creighton in their nursing school. I love the school atmosphere! It is difficult, but there are fabulous ways for people to get effective help. I have learned so much in just two and a half years!
I love how this college has a strong focus on knot only teaching you in studies, but also a strong focus on making each student a better person mentally and physically!
I loved the fact that the Heider College of Business offers 6,000 plus internships per year with only 1000 students
I enjoy it very much. I love the city of Omaha and I love the people on campus. Its a very beautiful campus and I feel like I have all of the resources I need to get a great education.
Creighton is great! Many fantastic degree programs, a welcoming student body, and so much more. Classes are rigorous, especially compared to many other schools, but accessible, and professors and advising staff are always willing to help you out to succeed.
Creighton University is surely like no other college campus I've been to. I have never visited Creighton's campus before actually moving to live here, so I was coming in blind. However, when I first got on campus--on move in day--I automatically fell in love with the scenery. For a few minutes, I forgot about homesickness and the nervousness of starting college. It was a beautiful scenery--ancient looking buildings, colorful gardens, fountains, statues, and friendly faces. Moving from Micronesia to Omaha--nowhere close to Nebraska--was tough but the beautiful campus and the kind and supportive staff and students of Creighton made me feel right at home. I do face challenges and obstacles now and then, but I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else but here.
Start Your Review of Creighton University
I attended Creighton and transferred to another university after a year. I was shocked by how little Creighton actually embraced the Jesuit values. The school is conservative and homogenous relative to other college campuses. Students don't really do service or work with communities that are different than them. Social justice and inclusion are preached but not executed and microagressions are high.
Academically, I did have some great professors, but I feel I've received a better pre-med education at my new university. Creighton failed to offer proper academic guidance and financial resources to allow me to succeed.
I am not one to write reviews often, but I just think that when visiting Creighton, you should look under the surface. They do put on a great show when speaking about their resources, community, and service. Once you arrive though, that mentality slowly gets stripped. I did meet some wonderful individuals at Creighton, but I am much happier now that I have left.
VERY SMALL SCHOOL WITH LITTLE PRIVACY. THE PROFESSORS ARE UNFAIR AND VERY CLOSE MINDED. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO MANY PEOPLE
Creighton is known for its rigorous academic setting and passionate professors. As a third year student, I can testify that Creighton does challenge students to think critically and encourages collaboration among each college to innovative. Creight also stays true to their Jesuit values. I have served different groups of people through the service trip program and weekly service partnerships.