Creighton University Reviews

I just completed my freshman year at Creighton University, and I can’t wait to go back. I’m a nursing student, so my classes are tough; however, the professors are willing to help you if you make an effort to go and see them. There are many clubs and activities on campus to suit every interest. Some of the clubs I’m involved in include Nursing Leadership Scholars, intramural volleyball, CUSNA, and National Society of Collegiate Scholars. The dorms on campus are average; I lived in Swanson Hall my freshman year. Swanson is the only suite style freshman dorm with a private bathroom. Kiewit, Gallagher, and Deglman all have community bathrooms. Truthfully, the food at Creighton is not the best. I have some dietary issues, so I have a really hard time eating in the dining halls. Therefore, I made many trips to the grocery store throughout my freshman year. Most stores and restaurants are not a walkable distance from campus, so I highly recommend bringing a car with you!
Most of the teachers at Creighton are great! The student population also has a lot of wonderful people.
As a recent grad I cannot recommend Creighton enough to someone. Whether it was in the classroom, extracurricular activities, or socializing with friends, I grew as a person each and every day. I was treated to an amazing staff of professors, many coming from unique and diverse backgrounds, and all with my academic and professional growth as their chief priority. I also was lucky to meet some of the greatest people in the world, people I am lucky to call lifelong friends. In my four years at Creighton, I failed to meet someone I didn't enjoy being around. The university attracts students with strong values and I was able to see and realize this for the four years I was there. Additionally, there is a sense of culture and pride in the university that is prevalent not just through campus but through the city of Omaha as a whole. It is an amazing community to be apart of and I truly envy anyone who is just beginning their journey with the university. Roll Jays!
Start Your Review of Creighton University
I do enjoy Creighton University. After visiting Simpson, Drake, and other private Midwest four year institutions I must say that Creighton's Campus just felt like home. The professors are all supportive and with a small student to teacher ratio, I feel like an actual person in their classes and can build a relationship with the professors. The food is excellent, Godfather's Pizza, Chinese, Latin American, Sushi, Burgers, and buffet styled mess halls are a good indication of the different food at Creighton. The dorms are a little on the dated side, yet they have modern amenities. The older buildings really gives the place a theme and a warm glow. Everything is nice and compact seeing that this campus is in the middle of Omaha and all of my classes are within 10-15 minutes of one another. The advisors are always courteous and listen to the students needs and wants.
Being a first year student, I didn’t know what to expect coming to college. Creighton is, and I mean this when I say it, like one giant family and home. The staff does a very good job on welcoming you and making sure that you are prepared to be at Creighton!
I loved touring the school. It's right in Downtown Omaha in Nebraska and there are so many cool places surrounding the campus. Everyone I met at Creighton was so friendly and helpful to me when I was deciding where I would like to spend my next four years after high school.
Creighton is a great Jesuit school with amazing undergraduate and graduate programs. There is a major emphasis on health and sciences programs, research, and a holistic education. The professors are accessible and always willing to help. The EDGE is a very unique student support service that provides academic tutoring, career advising/discernment, and opportunities for real-world experience.
Creighton's pharmacy program is lacking. The professors are older and not completely up to date on technology or learning technique. Medicinal chemistry is still taught here, which I disagree with, seeing as most pharmacy schools have completely eliminated this program. Also, it is not a subject needed for taking the naplex. The distance students, like myself, feel secondary to campus students. Overall, this program needs an overhaul. New teachers should be brought in, or the material should be displayed in a fresh new way to keep their pharmacy students interested and to remain relevant to current topics. I would not recommend this pharmacy school, seeing as how there are better schools available. The only plus side to Creighton, is the distance program, which allows students to watch lectures, complete tests, and submit homework from home.
My advisor contacted me right away, as did my academic coach. They have always been quick to respond and helpful in answering all of my questions. Go Jays!
I am so excited to attend Creighton in the fall. I have toured the campus multiple times and I love the close knit community that is Creighton University.
The social scene here is terrible. There is absolutely NOTHING to do if you aren't 21. This year we lost the Jay, our school bar that was essentially on campus, and it has completely shifted the social scene on campus. The fraternities and sororities are extremely limited on what they can actually do. There is absolutely 0 school hangout that Creighton students can meet up at. The social life for freshmen and sophomores consists of hanging out in the dorms and the occasional house party. The on campus living is awful, and they require sophomores to live "on campus," even though the dorms are far enough away that you're basically off campus without any of the benefits of actually being off campus (AKA nice living and RA presence). I enjoy all of my professors I've had in the business school, so if academics are the only thing on your mind this is a great place for you. If you're social, however, and you like doing things on the weekends, this is the absolute wrong place to be.
Creighton's standards are high and this challenges each and every student to meet them. The campus is lovely and as a non-traditional student, there are still many ways to get involved on campus. I also appreciate Creighton's commitment to service. As an agnostic student at a Catholic Jesuit university, I have never felt more welcome.
I love Creighton. The academics are rigorous no matter what you're going into, but that's expected. Great and very unique professors that provide a well spring of knowledge. The environment is competitive, but that's an environment needed to thrive. Creighton emphasizes the Jesuit values being that it is a Catholic and Jesuit institution which gives their students spiritual guidance throughout their time here.
Overall a pretty good school once you find your place and get past the freshman dorms and food...although they are in the process of major remodeling so we shall see how that all improves in the years to come.
I don't have anything to compare this college with because it is the only one I have gone too. It's fairly easy to get into classes, even if they are full. In my opinion, there is some clique-iness and it's hard to get involved as an upperclassmen if you are not already in a sorority/fraternity or some other organization. It's competetive but many professors have your back.
Great atmosphere and city to be in, the school has great pride and audacity for their accomplishments. A top ranked business school and signified diversity lead to Creighton being a top college.
Creighton University has a beautiful campus. The campus life is filled with a variety activities and opportunities. I would like to see more diversity and more recognition of diverse situations and clubs on campus.
I am in love with the jesuit values of this institution, and admire the open teaching and demand of critiquing. Ideas and perspectices arr challenged and growth is always apparent here.
Start Your Review of Creighton University
So far I am a sophomore at Creighton in their nursing school. I love the school atmosphere! It is difficult, but there are fabulous ways for people to get effective help. I have learned so much in just two and a half years!
I love how this college has a strong focus on knot only teaching you in studies, but also a strong focus on making each student a better person mentally and physically!
I loved the fact that the Heider College of Business offers 6,000 plus internships per year with only 1000 students