Creighton University Reviews

I loved the fact that the Heider College of Business offers 6,000 plus internships per year with only 1000 students
I enjoy it very much. I love the city of Omaha and I love the people on campus. Its a very beautiful campus and I feel like I have all of the resources I need to get a great education.
Creighton is great! Many fantastic degree programs, a welcoming student body, and so much more. Classes are rigorous, especially compared to many other schools, but accessible, and professors and advising staff are always willing to help you out to succeed.
Start Your Review of Creighton University
Creighton University is surely like no other college campus I've been to. I have never visited Creighton's campus before actually moving to live here, so I was coming in blind. However, when I first got on campus--on move in day--I automatically fell in love with the scenery. For a few minutes, I forgot about homesickness and the nervousness of starting college. It was a beautiful scenery--ancient looking buildings, colorful gardens, fountains, statues, and friendly faces. Moving from Micronesia to Omaha--nowhere close to Nebraska--was tough but the beautiful campus and the kind and supportive staff and students of Creighton made me feel right at home. I do face challenges and obstacles now and then, but I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else but here.
I attended Creighton and transferred to another university after a year. I was shocked by how little Creighton actually embraced the Jesuit values. The school is conservative and homogenous relative to other college campuses. Students don't really do service or work with communities that are different than them. Social justice and inclusion are preached but not executed and microagressions are high.
Academically, I did have some great professors, but I feel I've received a better pre-med education at my new university. Creighton failed to offer proper academic guidance and financial resources to allow me to succeed.
I am not one to write reviews often, but I just think that when visiting Creighton, you should look under the surface. They do put on a great show when speaking about their resources, community, and service. Once you arrive though, that mentality slowly gets stripped. I did meet some wonderful individuals at Creighton, but I am much happier now that I have left.
VERY SMALL SCHOOL WITH LITTLE PRIVACY. THE PROFESSORS ARE UNFAIR AND VERY CLOSE MINDED. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO MANY PEOPLE
Creighton is known for its rigorous academic setting and passionate professors. As a third year student, I can testify that Creighton does challenge students to think critically and encourages collaboration among each college to innovative. Creight also stays true to their Jesuit values. I have served different groups of people through the service trip program and weekly service partnerships.
My experience at Creighton has been absolutely wonderful. Not only are there tons of things to get involved in, but the academics are great as well. Professors and all other faculty go above and beyond to help students in the classroom and beyond. Classes are close-knit and have a personal feel to them. Students get to know each others names and the professor usually knows each student in the class. The Creighton community is incomparable.
Creighton University is an outstanding insitution to acquire an excellent education. You will find extraordinary instructors and staff who help make your college experience worth every penny.
Creighton University has a great amount of emphasis on their education. Students also have many opportunities to become involved in campus affairs. I really liked how individuals could join Greek Life second semester so that they meet more people while at Creighton.
The professors here are great! They are always available to help students with homework, papers, or any of the material. They really encourage you to go to their office and speak about past exams or current material. They really make time through e-mail as well throughout the weekend. They really care! There are also multiple resources here to help you with academics such as, tutoring, group work, supplemental instruction, etc.
I love going to school at Creighton. As a nursing student, I have found the professors to be extremely invested in my success. Getting a degree from Creighton holds a lot of weight so getting a job after I get out of school should be manageable. I know most people think Nebraska would be a horrible place to go to school, but Creighton's campus is beautiful and Omaha has more activities going on than I would have expected. I can't imagine myself anywhere else.
I'll admit, Creighton is generous in giving scholarships/financial aid. I'm vegan & requested to not be on a meal plan due to poor variety on campus. They denied my multiple requests. This was insanely frustrating. Like any other school, rape is just as a problem on this campus as any other campus regardless of it being private or not. Also, this school claims to follow jesuit values, yet, the school hides rape cases so it can artificially keep their rape/crime stats low. Attached is an article written by a Creighton student who was raped. In the article, she discusses the type of treatment she received from the school when she reported... https://lifewithcassie1.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/i-am-a-lover-but-im-also-a-fighter/
I love Creighton University. If you have looked at Creighton, even a little, I'm sure you have heard the words "community" and "family" more times than you can count. It may seem excessive but those words honestly describe the school so well. Within the first week of school, I made friends that are going to be in the rest of my life. The teachers care about you as a person, not just you as a student. You can truly feel the sense of togetherness from the second you step on campus.
I visited Creighton twice and I love their campus. The teachers there are so nice as well as the students. The campus is beautiful and the location is perfect. A short walk and you're in the night scene of Omaha. Omaha is a great place for 'foodies'.
Creighton is a wonderful university for someone looking for a competitive education. I love the jesuit education aspect of Creighton, they focus heavily on developing the individual which is not as focused on in public schools. I wish that there was more social student life outside of campus, but the lack of that aspect I think comes with living in downtown Omaha.
Professors are highly invested in each of their students and are easy to approach. The campus is beautiful and it's hard to walk to class without saying hi to at least one friendly face. Classes are challenging, but rewarding, and there are plenty of resources to encourage student success.
Start Your Review of Creighton University
Creighton is a comfortable urban college with a strong reputation for producing high academic achievers. I love the campus, it's small city setting in Omaha, NE, the mild change of seasons, and the regional attraction of students like me. In addition to a stellar academic record, Creighton has plenty of extracurricular activities to make college life fun. There are intramural sports, Greek life, division one basketball and a warm, friendly atmosphere that makes me feel comfortable.
Students mainly want to party here so that they can get drunk or hook up. Parties occur a lot during the first few weeks of the fall semester, and they occur less frequently during the end of fall and the entire spring semester.
All parties here are fraternity parties. Although people nationwide assume that the best parties are in sig ep, SAE and Phi Psi, that's not true here at Creighton. The parties aren't necessarily like the one in the movie Project X, but they can sometimes get pretty wild. The students here drink like crazy, so the parties tend to be mainly about drinking and hooking up rather than socializing. Even though the parties here are great, they aren't dirty or over the top like ones you'd expect to see at state or party schools. The closest bar to Creighton is about a minute away. It's called the Jay. I heard it's horrible. Transportation isn;t the best here. Most people drive. Those who don't usually carpool. If not, then they call an uber. No one here uses cabs and very few people use the bus.