Cowley County Community College Reviews

I like Cowley because they are really helpful to me. I have certain class for my prerequisites so I can transfer to a university. They have done well in helping me get class for my other university done and my classes for their associates degree at the same time.
My experience as an international student at Cowley community college was tremendous. The staff members were welcoming, they were able to help me adjust to a new environment. Being my first school in united states was overwhelming. Surprisingly all turn out great, from meeting new people who did everything they could to help me adjust. It being a two year community college, not so many people you will find but it is easy to make new friends. The athletic program is great, i was able to participate in track and field so i got the experience and it was an exciting program to be. The professors are nice and they try their best to help student especially when you do ask questions.In addition, they engage student in bringing ideas and concepts during class time. What i would like for them to improve is more resources at the library. I would recommend anyone considering to join to give it a good chance.
Teachers are awesome and really care about their students succeeding. The campus is super safe as well. Everyone knows the numbers to call of they feel threatened, and campus security will even watch you walk if you ask them too.
Start Your Review of Cowley County Community College
Overall, this was a great experience. Teachers were, for the most part, very understanding and willing to spend time and put in an effort to make sure that the student was at their full potential. They give emphasize on their office hours, way to reach them outside of class, so you are never out in the dark. Admissions can sometimes talk to you in a condescending way which makes you never want to go back in there. One advisor informed me, with an attitude, that there was no need to go see them for things I could do myself even though I did not know how to, although I did learn that day by watching her. The campus is only a block away from the police station and is not very big, making it easy not to get lost. The town it is located in is not the most exciting by any means, but if you are looking to get some classes out or even a degree, certification for a good price in a small, quiet town with great teachers, I strongly recommend CCCC.
I enjoy the close-nit vibe from the college, but I think that a majority of the professors need to be evaluated. I regret not going to a four-year university to start off with because I feel like my time is being wasted.
Cowley provides students with a flexible schedule and several nearby campuses. However, professors are sometimes very disengaged.
I like that Cowley is so close to my hometown. All the classes that I have taken are great, I have really learned a lot, and every teacher that I have had have been a tremendous help and very nice. I take a lot of on-line classes and the on-line teachers are very helpful. Blackboard is very easy to use and navigate.
I loved my experience here my first semester. I'm now enrolled in my second semester. Everyone is eager to help in any way they can. The advisors and professors are knowledgeable and understanding and will help out in any way. The online website is easy to navigate and online classes are a breeze.
Cowley College truly is a great school. Whether someone is attending just to get an associates degree or lining themselves up for a higher degree, this school will help them get there. With how much the professors want the students to do well, the college helps students get a well earned degree and/or has started a solid foundation in their future education endeavors. Most of the professors are also understanding when it comes to circumstances that students cannot make it to class or need a little extra time to finish an assignment due to an emergency, family crisis, injury, etc.
I have had many online courses since I have been attending Cowley College. In most instances, I prefer the online courses. I have found that they work better with my schedule and I also like that the students can basically choose when they have "class time". I feel that online courses also help students with their work ethic. Almost all of the online classes require discussion posts once a week along with replies to peers. This helps further students' education and learning by interacting and reading about other students opinions or just what they understood from the chapter/week. It can be extremely easy to procrastinate with online courses since students are not required to be at a specific place at a certain time. It can also be extremely easy to forget assignments if the student does not have a good system of keeping track of everything that they need to do. The only critique that I have about taking classes online is that it is harder to communicate with the instructors and get questions answered. Also, when it comes to classes that are specifically for the student's degree it is better, in my opinion, to take them in class because it is easier to understand and learn what the subject.
The majority of the professors at Cowley College are helpful and oriented around student success. I heard about one or two professors that were not as strong in the categories that I listed. However, those professors are few and far between. All of the courses are well rounded and informative. Professors try to compare what is learned/taught in class to real world problems or situations. As far as the variety of courses goes, Cowley College offers a wide range of courses for many different degrees. The college is also smaller so the student to teacher ratio is small. I would say that the average student to teacher ratio for all of the classes that I have had would probably be somewhere around 10-1. I find this to be a great thing. It means that the professors will most likely be more able and willing to help individual students. This in turn creates more success for the students in all of their classes.
I have continued taking classes with the same professor for all of my Accounting classes. She has been tremendously helpful when I am in need of help. Since I do not live close enough to the main campus, I have had to take my accounting classes online. This is my fourth semester having an accounting class and I have decided to make the drive to the main campus in order to take this class in person. If possible, I recommend that accounting students take their accounting specific classes in person. The workload is just right. As long as the student does not have too many outside activities, getting good grades can be fairly easy and well earned.
I could not have picked a better college to go to in order to receive my associates degree. This college is incredibly involved in really trying to help students succeed. If someone needs help, the professors are willing to do what it takes. One of my favorite experiences that I had with my Composition II professor was when I was really struggling on an essay. I had "writer's block" and could not think of anything else to add to my essay to make it the required length. I contacted my professor who quickly got back with me and continued responding to all of my questions along with giving advice until I had completed my paper. I will always remember that professor. She will most likely always be my favorite professor because she was extremely helpful and cares about her students getting the best grades they can. If I could do it all over again, I would undoubtedly choose the same college.
The instructors are Ok, but I question there motives of teaching alot because some of them shouldn't be teachers... the're not cut for the job.
I was able to transfer my credits from my other schools easily, and they counted towards my degree. There hasn't been much of a hassle in transfering
The online classes I took were great and I would highly suggest them if you are looking at doing all your school online. Just maks sure you know who your instructor is and if you can make time in your scheduel to fit your classes in. They offer ten hours per class via online tutoring and your instructor will usually help you within the first 48 hours if you have any questions or having any problems with the course it's self.
In my field I'm not entirely sure what to think abaout this school. It's a community college
Start Your Review of Cowley County Community College
This school is great if you're an athleat, but horrible if you are going for STEM. I feel academically alone every day and this isn't just from students, but from staff as well.
I'm majoring in mathematics and the Mathematics' department isn't great. There is only one other math major besides me and I feel alone acadmically among my peers. I've considered changing my major on several occasions just so I can "fit in" but then I remember why I'm a math major to begin with. The classes I'm taking are mediocer with an exception of one. The only thing I like about being a math major and attending cowley is that I wont be burdened in too much dept... Something unique about this major at this school is that there seems to be no scholarships I can get through this school, yet, there are a lot of scholarships from the major univeritiies that I plan on transfering to once I finish my gen. ed. Over-all, this school is great in everthing else, but I would'nt suggest it for mathematics unless you're desperate.
I'm not impressed with this school, but it's whatever you make of it. I'm in their "mathematics" program and from what I was told it was a great program. The only problem about the program is that no one really seems to focus in on it so most of the time I feel accademically alone. There is only one other math major, making the two of us the second smallest majority of the school, other than the physics major (He's the only major according to our shared accademic advisor.) The school from what I've noticed, lacks in STEM majors. Other then that, Cowley has a great atheletics program and a tight-knit campus, I just personally don't like it. As far as events for this school, there is always something going on so it is very easy to make friends if your a college freshman (like I am.) The class sizes are small so there is no reason to not get any help. The instructors for the most part are... ok. I have a couple that I question there motives for theaching, but other than that the school is ok. It nothing special.