Cottey College Reviews

I have had a great experience at this college and the opportunities that it has given me. The diversity of the school as well as the athletic program has help me to grow as a person.
Cottey has an excellent academic program and caring faculty and staff. However, sometimes things can get catty amongst the students, which, given it's a close knit community, shouldn't be much of a surprise.
It's the worst school for colored people. I was treated different, and I was discriminated at all the time. If you are outgoing and like city life and not Caucasian DO NOT apply to this school
Review Cottey College
They put a lot of emphasis on preparing students for their careers at Cottey. There are plenty of classes, lectures, and other activities aimed towards students looking for career advice.
All of the professors are determined that you should succeed in their classroom and the outside world. They are willing to make it work for you if are a good student.
While many of the classes are small, there are few general classes, such as freshman writing courses that tend to have a little more than average. However, I have never had more than 18 people in class. The professors here are incredibly. As long as you are a dependable and responsible student, they are more than willing to work with you.
The alumni network is incredible, and so is the P.E.O. Sisterhood. Without them, Cottey would not be as special as it is. The support from these groups is beyond amazing; whenever they come to visit campus, they always let the students know that they are rooting for them.
I love, love, love Cottey College. The small class sizes are amazing because my professors know exactly who I am. I don't just exist as a name to them. Also, the suite living is great too. I've met so many amazing people that I wouldn't have gotten to meet if I had gone to a big university. It's also nice to have a home away from home. Everyone here is extremely nice and helpful, so it isn't hard to find someone to assist you if you really need it.
i'm going through that right now. the whole affair has been a disaster and i spent all nights in agony
the peos who run the school/alumni are very willing to help, so theres a lot of networking opportunities through them, but not so much elsewhere. renee hampton is great but theres only so much you can do when the school's in the middle of nowhere/theres nothing going on
classes that are offered here are good, overall, but variety + quantity of classes is lacking, especially in the newer 4 year programs, like environmental studies, international relations, international business, etc.
heavy workload all the time, sometimes it feels like you're banging your head against the wall. since there's nothing to do in good ol' nevada mo, teachers expect that you won't have anything to do but homework, which is unfortunate. many also have strict attendance policies and grading requirements. many people drop out as freshman b/c of the stress.
it's a good school for getting a 2 yr degree/as a transfer school, but not for 4 years. there aren't many internships around because the school's in the middle of nowhere, but the curriculum is challenging and the teachers are sharp. limited resources makes things difficult however.
Alumna and PEO networks are both very helpful and widely accessible. Our career center often focuses on certain types of careers/jobs but there are always opportunities and there is always help for more specified careers/fields when one asks.
Although Cottey does not carry my degree, I am still able to get experience by working in their Career Closet, doing costuming for the dance company, and networking with other women in my field of study. Every girl can benefit from an education here!
Cottey College is an incredible institution that opens doors for young women everywhere. Cottey has inspired me to become a strong, independent woman who encourages other young women instead of tearing them down. I feel incredibly cared about and looked after here at Cottey.
As a freshman, the first semester was a learning experience and I had to get used to the new teaching style in college. However, the classes are interesting and I had no issues learning from the professors.
Review Cottey College
I love the atmosphere here at Cottey. Everyone is very friendly and the teachers are understanding and willing to help you if you need it. The food is great and the traditions are unique and fun. It's a great school! The only thing I dislike somewhat is that it's a smaller school in a smaller town, but I knew that when I chose to come here. The good far outweighs the bad in my opinion!
I take classes not actually needed for my degree but they are great for my bachelor's degree once I transfer. There is frustration because of the small class sizes they fill up quickly but it isn't too terrible. Transferring credits is really easy.
The career center helps you a lot. The alumnae network is probably the best in the US. The job prospects are outstanding.