Cosumnes River College Reviews

Beautiful campus. Usually easy to find parking except during the first week of classes. It is a good place to figure out what you want to pursue because there are many different departments.
The ease of taking an online class was nice and the instructor was helpful and responsive to inquiries.
I spent three years here preparing for transfer and I can honestly say it was a great transitional school. I had amazing, dedicated professors and classes that fit well with my schedule. I would recommend this school to many other students who are looking to pursue higher education but can't afford to attend a four-year university off the bat. One of my favorite aspects of the school is the diversity among students and teachers, making it a really inclusive an accepting space for anyone from any background.
Start Your Review of Cosumnes River College
It would be nice to see more helpful and encouraging counselors to help make transferring easier and faster.
It is a lovely, well maintained campus. The teachers are warm, friendly and really care about your success.
The people there are friendly and the campus is safe and clean. The only thing that I believe should be changed is the professors. Other community colleges in the area have better professors than this college does.
The teachers and staff for the most part are excellent. You do have to compete for classes so talk to one of their counselors and make sure you are on priority registration. Small school with small class sizes. Science classes like Biology and Chemistry fill up fast though. Overall a good school and easy to get an A in classes if you work hard.
As a computer science major, the staff of the computer science courses are extremely limited and do not readily prepare prospective transfer students for their intended universities. These professors treat their jobs simply as that: a job. Rather than focusing on helping students learn the material and working with them on improving their skills, they simply encourage students to learn from their own textbooks by themselves, in which they mainly are there to facilitate tests. As for the overall school beyond these major courses, there is a limited amount of classes offered, resulting in students having to enroll in classes outside of the school. However, my experience with this college's counseling department has been nothing short of phenomenal. I have received great guidance from many of the counselors where they all seem passionate in helping the students succeed.
I have had nothing but pleasant experiences while attending Cosumnes River College. I have completed most of my general education classes on this campus and while doing so, I have had excellent professors.
As a returning student after taking many years off, I have seen Cosumnes River College make some great changes for the better. They have taken the time and resources to update the school in many needed ways. One thing I have always liked about the college is the size. Though they offer many classs, the school is not overly impacted which adds to the learning environment.
As a student here for nearly 2 years. I must say that this college is a decent one.
It has enough course for me to complete and prepare to transfer in a short time.
I love that CRC is a small and tight knit community college. Everyone is open minded and accepting of who you are. Just like any other college, there are good professors and then there are bad ones. But every single one I've come across wants their students to succeed.
Although the environment is nice and quiet, it does need more of cultural feel, the counselors and the professors are what you should expect.
it has large parking lot, convenient to come to class. There are many meaning, helpful activities for students.
I like that the environment is peaceful for students and people of the community. Though I dislike some of the unfairness of certain professors, because if we're considered adults then there shouldn't be any restrictions from using a cell phone at your own free will, at the end of the day getting a education is up to the individual.
The general environment is very diverse and generally safe. The professors are generally kind, capable, and helpful. The campus itself is clean and protected by willing security members. Academically, the campus offers a wide range of educational paths and career cultivation.
This college is soo close to my house! Academics wise, this school is great! They got good professors, a tutoring center, a math center, a computer lab and a library. Diversity isn't too bad at CRC. I do see a lot of Caucasians, but I also see many Asians, African Americans, Latinos, etc. I'm not really into sports and don't really no any athletes at CRC, so I cant answer that. As previously stated, this college has good professors! Of course you may find some that aren't that great here and there, but for the most part all my professors here haven't been too bad. This college has no housing. There are apartmnets available acorss the college, but that's it. As for safety, their is a Los Rios Police station on campus. Often there are police officers patrolling campus. CRC has some incidents regarding safety, but those mainly occur at night. I would say that it's mostly safe and I do feel safe when on campus. This college isn't expensive at all. I would say its worth the money.
Start Your Review of Cosumnes River College
I really appreciate the staff. The staff is very helpful within any source needed. While having difficulties finding the way around campus, or certainly needing help the staff is always the tp provide great service. I don't know how much more I could thank this great Community College. I look forward to great opportunities.
Since I've been enrolled at Cosumnes River, my experiences have been nothing short of awesome. The teachers take the time to explain the material in great detail. While, academic advisers make sure we have bit of information needed to succeed.
Nice newer campus. Great teachers. Parking garage is convenient too as well as additional parking lots. The light rail picks up and unloads right at the school. Security is also available for those who take night classes.