Cornish College of the Arts Reviews

Cornish College of the Arts isn't like other Arts schools, it allows artists to practice their craft and perfect it with fellow artists. The teachers are artists themselves so they know how to teach students in a way that can help them be successful in whatever they want to do. Not to mention, Cornish is in the heart of Seattle, and its buildings are clean; making its student life quite nice! Choosing Cornish was an easy choice when the school and its people are so accepting and welcome you with open arms.
I attended here a few years ago for two years in the Performance Production program. The teachers seemed apathetic, more focused on doing their own projects than assisting the students, and the dropout rate was 50% EACH SEMESTER. Of the 60 of us that started in 2010, four graduated, and only one went on to work in the industry. The cirriculum is not at all challenging, and the equipment and methodology is outdated. The program did not at all prepare me for working within the industry.
This school ruined my life. Administration is uncaring and unflexable. Classes do nothing to really help you in the industry. You will not learn anything that isn’t major-based and if you decide to transfer, as MANY Cornish students do, your credits will be useless. Dorms are great, but the student life team is very unhelpful and dismissive of any problems. Professors were great and really cared about their students, but the poor administration and the major pathways (what classes each major takes per year) need lots and lots of work. Do not attend this school if you are hesitant, I only wish someone would have told me and saved me $30,000 in useless credits.
Start Your Review of Cornish College of the Arts
I absolutely love the theater program. The teachers are incredible. It is a very expensive school though.
Cornish College of the Arts is the best choice for an art school because of the many selection of mediums and choice of education in the art world. From performing arts to arts in general it will pave your path for being experienced artist in whatever your craftsmanship/career will be.
Fine Arts department student here. The top three things that I think Cornish has to offer is student personal studio space , a good grounding in modern and contemporary art history, theory, and critique, and a diversity conscious and accepting student body and faculty. The bottom three things that I think keep me from rating Cornish higher are the Administration's inability to communicate effectively, the often dodgy way in which courses can morph from one thing into another, and a couple of instructors who are not good teachers. That being said, the vast majority of instructors are great; knowledgeable, thoughtful, and engaged in what the students are doing. Over arching this is Cornish's ability to offer a range of disciplines rather than just painting + drawing as is the case with various Universities. All in all, I would recommend Cornish and I'm still here, three years later, and planning on graduating next year.
Cornish College of the Arts is a fantastic program. If you are a prospective student searching for an individual focused and dedicated curriculum, Cornish is the place. As a musical theater student, I am being challenged positively in all aspects, and am even given the privilege of taking courses outside of my major. Cornish provides a home in which to push the artist, challenging you to see what you can do, and to not take no for an answer. On the side of cons, they are still fleshing out the musical theatre program and adding more dance. To me though, that is not a worry, as most colleges grow over time and change their programs to better suit the needs of their students, which is what Cornish is doing. I highly recommend this innovative and exciting college to any artist looking for a place to start.
Overall I have been very satisfied with Cornish College of the Arts! I am in the Visual Arts program and there is such a diverse range of opportunities to complete assignments in your own respective field. The food is alright, there is always a decent salad bar and fresh pizza. This is NOT a party school, check out UW for that one. Dorms are decently sized for 2 people.
Great place to learn from professors who are experts in their field. Small classroom sized helps you connect and learn from your peers and your professors.
I love how it is within walking distance of most of the attractions. Its right in the center of downtown seattle.
The staff and faculty at Cornish are amazing. They really make it a point to work hands on with each one of their students to make sure they are learning everything they need and more. Also, there are a wide range of opportunities available to all students in every major. The only thing that I would change is the lack of communication. Sometimes, it becomes difficult to be on top of information as a student due to instructors or staff members not getting information out to their students fast enough.
I would like to see changes in the way Student Life and Security deal with key cards. I recently crack mines on Friday ( I have absolutely no idea how) and I am not able to fix it till Monday. They should have someone that'll be able to fix it on the weekends because my roommate is also being unaccommodating on the whole situation and it's such a hassle and stressing me out because I can't really leave my room or I'll be locked out.
The school wants whats best for their students and want them to feel safe. They do a great job at doing that.
Cornish has a good name and reputation in the Seattle area.
My overall experience at Cornish has been great so far. Classes tend to be small, which I prefer. The professors are wonderful and want the best for you.
The housing at Cornish is amazing. It is the nicest housing I have seen compared to the schools nearby.
The athletics at our school are very good, and the facilities are up to par.
Start Your Review of Cornish College of the Arts
My overall experience at this school has been amazing. The teachers are very interested in you and want the best for you. The school environment is very comfortable and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this school to others!
This school is the best for what I want to do, it's tough at times, but I love it.
It's very professional and the work load is difficult and heavy. It is very beneficial though and you learn a lot. Extremely good program but only for those serious and hard working.