Cornell College Reviews

CornellCollege has a unique block schedule, one class at a time. We attend class for 3 1/2 weeks, then break 4 1/2 days, then next block. We have an amazing 4 year graduate rate and higher than average acceptance into the Med and Vet schools. Our small school is fun, energetic and a great place to learn.
I love the environment and faculty here. I appreciate the acceptance and the push of others to help them succeed. I don't have anything negative to say about the school because I am an incoming student who has not experienced the school as much as I would like. I appreciate the welcoming attitude of my peers.
Cornell College is small school with a strong sense of community. Taking one class at a time along with the support of your fellow students makes learning and studying fun.
Review Cornell College
DO NOT COME HERE. This place is intolerant to opposing points of view. Everyone is to the extreme left and they try to impose it on all of the students. I have known people who got in trouble and were even suspended for giving the other side of arguments when they were told they had freedom of speech. It is an extremely unwelcoming environment if you can see through the pretty trees and all. I am not exaggerating. Also the food is basic and the same forever; there is NOTHING in Mount Vernon; civilization is reachable only by 30 minute car ride. Also, there are not many attractive people and even less intelligent people. For the pick of the litter you gotta be gay or bi, because there are more attractive men here then there are both attractive and intelligent woman combined.

BUT, I will say the financial aid is almost worth it. INCREDIBLY generous. The professors are overall okay, I seemed to have gotten the good ones. Also, I thought the block system was pretty cool.
From my very first block at Cornell, every class pushed my mind and expanded my reality by forcing me to step outside of my own vision of the world. I have spent three years discovering not just how beliefs arise within individuals and cultures, but why they are created and how that relates to the society at large. By encouraging students to look beyond their own world, Cornell provides us with a safe place to experience the unknown, welcome that knowledge into our lives and then share it with those around us. Cornell has always understood my unconventional background and encouraged my drive to help others. My professors never doubted my desire to apply my studies to outside fields, and supported my goal of working abroad with HIV/AIDS projects.
Cornell is a nice small college with great and challenging academics in a lovely little town. However, Cornell has some of the oldest facilities in the area and many of their buildings are in need of some updates.
The block system is great! It does allow for a lot of focus on one class. Be warned though, you can't procrastinate because of the fast pace.
Cornell is a small family school. You get close with your peers and I just love how small the town and school is.
I love it! The small community and the willingness of the the faculty. I think ensuring a good campus climate and giving more financial aid can help.
I love Cornell and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. This doesn't mean I'm blind to its major flaws, but the good outweighs the bad.
I don't know much about this since I haven't graduated yet but it seems like I'll get a job...?
the sexual assault policies need serious work. campus safety does not deal with things well and has been incredibly detrimental to many of my friends.
It could be worse, it could be better. Air conditioning for upperclassmen would be nice.
Greek life is very important and there is a noticeable divide between greeks and non-greeks. Because we aren't nationally affiliated, the groups feel very unique to Cornell.
I don't do sports so I cannot comment on this much. I like the gym in the Commons. No one cares about the sports teams but the sports people and their gangs.
The students and professors here truly make the entire experience. If I were reviewing based solely on the administration I would say not to go here, but because students run so many aspects of the school- it feels like home and as if there is a true sense of community throughout campus.
Their are lots of parties that go one, I don't think all of them have alcohol. I don't party, so I wouldn't have first hand experience with it.
Review Cornell College
They have many different things going on at night but I'm usually asleep.
They have many different classes on all different subjects and with the one course at a time, it really enables students to dig down and really grasp what they're learning.
I come from an area in Michigan that fits the stereotypical upper-middle class of predominantly white outlook. Everybody here wears designer outfits and drives nice cars and quite frankly are pretentious snobs. As soon as I arrived at Cornell for my visit during my senior year of high school, I immediately knew that I didn't have to pretend to be that kind of person anymore. I could be exactly who I wanted to be and everyone has been fantastic for me so far. Not to mention the One Course At A Time is amazing. Admittedly, difficult to adjust to but once I got the hang of it I never want to switch back to a traditional schedule. Being an athlete out there as well provides an even better and more in-depth experience. I get to see and interact with some parts of the school that those who aren't athletes aren't able to. I can't wait to go back!