Cooper Union is ...
Cooper Union Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.11 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.11 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.7 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.12 responses
After Cooper Union
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
Cooper Union Reviews
Review Cooper Union
The Cooper Union is unique in that it is comprised of a small student body relative to other schools, so there is a close knit relationship among the students and faculty. Cooper used to offer all students free tuition, but has recently changed due to an unfortunate financial climate. However, the experiences with students and professors is still invaluable and the reputation gained after graduating from this school is invaluable.
The school is absolutely amazing. It's very niche, as it is a tiny school and has only art and conservation students, but it brings a lot of interdisciplinary work to the table and it provides amazing opportunities for all the students to work together and outside of the school in their given field. The idea of creating a community is most important, and everyone helps each other in realizing their potential and goals.
This must be one of the best schools in the United States. Had an unexplainably life changing experience here, and I suspect I am not alone on this. Any friend in college I have spoken to seems shocked and envious of the experience I describe at Cooper. Plus it is a free school. Hands down one of the most challenging, rigorous, enriching, and inspiring opportunities of my life.