1. Spartanburg, SC
  2. 4 Year

Converse College Reviews

Small campus, friendly staff, and a great student-faculty ratio! I really have enjoyed my time here so far and I am very pleased with the education I've been receiving so far. It is the only college in my state to offer my major, and is very close to my home. All students are taken care of efficiently at this exceptional women's college.
I like how the professors care about or education and want us to succeed. They have office hours but for the most part they are available upon request if needed outside of those hours. The colllege is hard but I know that is making me a better person and teaching me how to work hard. One thing I would changed would be the little prices of things liek lab fees and convocations.
I was a commuter at Converse, it was hard for me to get really involved in school. Some teachers weren't very good and a couple were good. Some of the teachers were basically wasted our time. They didn't have enough education or didn't care about their student's education. Or how to work with them.
Converse College has a very good grasp on building a respectful and dependable community, possibly one of the important factors that is keeping my head above water in my first year of college. Something minuscule I would change would just be the quality and selection of food.
Love this college so much!!! Sisterhood and acceptance by everyone. Admissions team is amazing. Everyone coming from here seems to love it. Plenty of involvement and they really help you get into the college life.
I am a freshman, and i am a member of the softball team, and i absolutely love it. My coaches are great they are by far the best coaches i have ever had. And as far the school goes, all of my professors are great they provide tutoring and help out in any way they possibly can. And at our school we go by something called the "Honor Code" that is where we have to pledge our initials when we turn in tests or assignments saying we did not cheat or copy. As a student it makes you feel like you are really trusted, which is a great feeling becoming an adult. As a athlete we are required to go to study hall each week. Freshman are required 8 hours a week and its very helpful. So my short experience at Converse College has been amazing and i am more then sure that i chose the right school to attend and perfect team to be a part of. I love being a Valkyrie. GO VALKS!!!!
Professors will email you in a timely manner. Their office hours are great, if you can't meet during those times then just come by their office at any time or schedule a meeting, most professors live in their office.
Most people around the Spartanburg community knows all about the quality of a Converse education.
  • Value
Call boxes are located throughout campus in case of an emergency. Campus safety drives around campus to make sure that everything is okay, they also have a phone number which makes them convenient.
The only Greek life that we have is honor society. We also have a Big Sis/Lil Sis program where the junior class adopts freshman.
Every Friday we wear purple to show our school spirit.
At Converse College not only will you receive a quality education at an affordable price. Professors want to make sure that you succeed and they are normally willing to meet with you at any time.
I don't know much about the job success rating for this school. I haven't met many (if any) graduates of the school.
  • Value
Sometimes I felt that the tuition money was not necessarily money well spent.
Campus security is generally commonly seen on campus.
There were a lot of bugs. The elevator often didn't work. The dormitories were old.
  • Housing
Greek life is non existent at my school.
I found the professors to at times be unavailable. I worked hard but sometimes didn't feel that my work really paid. I had a very difficulty first semester with very little emotional support except from family
I do not really have any worries when I am walking around on campus by myself. I do get a little antsy at night when I am by myself just because it is dark and there are dark spots on campus. Campus safety are not always there in the dark places.
The air does not work properly, and we have trouble with the hot water most of the time. We have bug problems, and the buildings are very old. Some of the buildings do not look safe, and sometimes we do not feel safe.
  • Housing