Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences Reviews

CRAS was a fun experience for me. Although most instructors and classes are great, I would not necessarily recommend this school to a friend. For starters, the 11 month $23K tuition is insane. The instructors have a very "loose" way of teaching their classes. You will encounter many weird rules as well. Once you finish the academic portion and move on to your required internship, the coordinators don't help you much and you are kind of on your own. They focus too much on the studio recording side while only having small courses on other parts of the audio industry like, broadcast, audio business, and post production. In the end of the day, if you strictly want to pursue studio recording and live sound, then CRAS is the perfect fit hands down. But if you want to get into broadcast and post production audio or anything else, the it is better to look at a different school or college in that case.
This is my first time attending college, but in my limited experience as a student at the Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences I can attest that I enjoy spending my time at CRAS. I believe I have made the best investment in my education by attending the Conservatory. The Conservatory offers a wide expanse of certifications in all areas of audio. The teachers are fired up and passionate about what they are teaching which in turns ignites a fire in my soul. I cannot wait to see where I end up after graduating the Conservatory.
I love the fact that this college is so comprehensive. TOP notch equipment and fantastic teachers. Only wish the tuition was cheaper
Review Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences
They work it with you.
Information is straight to the point, and clear.
I love the representatives they actually try to get to know you:)
Like i said, I will bring me a step closer.
It's the school taking me a step closer to my goal.
Of course it is hard work, but it is manageable even for a single mother like myself. They provide you with everything you need and more.
I love this school and would highly recommend it if you are pursuing a career in Sound. They provide a quality program, helpful staff, and excellent education.
I have had flexibility around my family and work schedule this school has given me a perfect time frame to choose from and adjust to fit my needs.
User friendly and keeps you connected to your peers and teachers.
This school continues to help its student after they graduate job boards and letters of recommendation. Graduates have gone on to make Grammy winning productions, and it is credited directly to the school.
Small class sizes make it possible to ask direct question and receive direct answers I never have to worry about fading into a crowd.
This program works with many major net works and has expanded their program to broadcasting because FOX asked them to and even helped design the program. the final 12 weeks is an internship required to graduate I couldn't ask for more from a school.
The school provides every student with a macbook pro, mic, and many more tools to complete the program. The classes are small to gain as much one on one time as possible and provides a very individualized program for each student and builds well rounded employees. Part of the program requires a 12 week internship to get your foot in the door and makes you eligible for work immediately after graduation.
I hear that we will have smaller class sizes for better interaction between student and teacher.
Review Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences
This school will definitely give you the right tools to intern or possibly have a career position in the music/movie industry after graduation.
This school has produced Grammy winning producers and are recognized for their consistent development of young talent.
I will be starting school this next month and will make my opinion then.