Connecticut College Reviews

I enjoy the ability to freely pick my classes. I meet with an adviser and we discuss what is right for me. There are also a lot of resources on campus that help me preform to the best of my abilities.
The Connecticut College atmosphere is one that fosters student growth, both academic and personal, and there are an incredible amount of resources at the college to support students in many different ways. For example, the Academic Resource Center is such an amazing resource that helps students in any way that they need. Also, there are so many clubs and organizations that make it quite easy to get involved and meet new people on campus. Probably the most amazing thing about Conn is that most classes are so small, and because of this, you can get to know your professors quite well. This, to me, is the most important aspect of my education, because I know that forming relationships—even with professors—is a form of networking, and that is critical. In many ways, college is an investment and is about cultivating valuable, life-long relationships with peers and faculty that will ultimately serve you in the future. I would not change a thing about Conn.
I'm very happy at conn. I wish there was more of a social scene- no real bar life and parties are small, cramped, and mediocre. New London is trying to figure itself out so far unsuccessfully. Mystic is nice but a little farther away. Campus is beautiful, green, and small. The architecture is lovely and the dorms are nice and mixed grade. Freshman housing is great- AC, huge rooms etc. Other housing is pretty decent and there are a lot of options - apartments, houses, dorms. The food is pretty good with many options for a smaller school. Professors engage and are passionate and the classes are really interesting. Every professor knows your name and is willing to help you out. Gym is nice and new. Conn has a pretty great internship program too ($7,000 for juniors who take unpaid positions).
Start Your Review of Connecticut College
The Pr campaign is strong here. From the college tours to the admission process, they all give you the impression that this is the place for your 4-years education. But it's not. I'm not dismissing the academical opportunities here, the programs offered and the facility they have here, study abroad, exchange to some top campuses in the world, passionate professors, are pretty unique and productive. Though, life quality is second to worst. Terrible dining and dormitory program. The food is intolerable, residential halls are downgraded and residents' privacy is not respected.
After having toured many schools, my daughter and I recently visited the campus and it was by far our best college visit. The Dean of Admissions was a huge help in accommodating us from setting up specific meetings with faculty in my daughter’s intended academic major to actually conducting her admissions interview as all the slots were all filled. The info session was also very comprehensive. We felt warmly welcomed by everyone in admissions and throughout the campus. More liberal arts colleges and universities should model Conn College’s exceptional approach for prospective students. Very happy that my daughter is applying.
Connecticut College was a very enriching place to continue my education. I was a Classics major, and I sincerely enjoyed my time as part of the department. ConnColl is a place to form long-lasting and unique bonds with both professors and students alike. However, I would like to see Conn become more diverse and more accepting of students from other races. As a student of color, I did feel rather ostracized from the student body. Furthermore, I was the only student of color in many of my classes. Maybe my major is a discipline that does not attract students of other ethnicities, but I would still like to see Conn become a more diverse, wholly-welcoming and socially-motivated environment.
My four years at Connecticut College was a pretty good oppurtunity to figure out exactly what is wrong with the academic system in America. You can read about Professor Pessin's ill treatment for criticizing Hamas, elsewhere, and my personal "enlightenment" has not left me loving the college from a personal level as well. After expressing opposition to abortion in a class which I was unceremoniously heckled out, I got the distinct pleasure of having a series of rumors spread by students and our irresponsible professors about me somehow finding out which students had gotten abortions(I honestly have no clue how one would even go about this)and going around personally harassing them. No, harassment at this campus is a tactic reserved for the privileged group that more and more dictates what can and can't be said in this stifling, anti-intellectual, echo chamber.
The academics are very strong, however the social scene leaves a little to be desired. Most of these kids come from prep/boarding schools so it seems a little bit like an extension of high school. However if you can find your place, the community here is amazing. The campus is beautiful!
Just finished my first year at Conn and I enjoyed most of it. It is a small school, so you will always see someone you know when you are in Harris or walking across campus. Also not a lot of things to do some weekends but the school tries their best to provide fun activities. Diversity is a big issue, as well as issues of race and gender when it comes to disciplinary issues.
I'm a freshman who is transferring out. I'm writing this because I wish someone had told me the truth about Conn before I attended. If you want to major in anything in the arts, do NOT come to Conn. The arts programs are understaffed and under-funded, and do not prepare you for the real world at all. The school is small, and feels small. You see the same 100 people everyday, and diversity is insanely lacking with something like 70% of students being white and 50% of students being solely from CT and MA. The social scene is also very small. A cappella is huge on campus and they have their own parties, while many sports teams section off to party on their own. There isn't much to do on campus besides that and the occasional event. There is almost nothing to do in New London besides see a movie or go to Target, and even that is hard as nothing is accessible from campus without a car. Academics are good outside of the arts though, and many people do love Conn, I'm just not one of them.
Great school overall! Although Connecticut College is small, it has an inviting environment and has helped me feel at home.
Conn gave me the opportunity to explore different avenues of study I might be interested in pursuing. The close knit community and small size of the college made me feel right at home. The professors are extremely willing to help you succeed.
Academically I love the school. After one class in psychology I was sure that it was the major for me. The campus is incredibly beautiful. The school is in a location where you can easily get to New York or Boston. Due to its size, the party scene at the school is rather weak. You can always make it a good time, but it does lack the college party feeling.
It's easy to feel at home, no matter who you are, you'll find a good spot as long as you are genuine.
I haven't yet started my time there, but I can say confidently that the college fosters an atmosphere that I've never seen before. It's just the safest, most lively, most entertaining, and coolest place ever! I really wouldn't change much! Maybe some of the clubs could be altered or played with, but I'm not so sure. Love this place! Hope it changes my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is really is a wonderful school, if it is what you are looking for. It's the classic small liberal arts school, and for somebody looking for a more intimate environment in the classroom than it's perfect. Not all the professors are amazing, but the majority are (or at least the ones I have had).
That being said in terms of student life for some this may be ideal, but for others it may be a culture shock. First it's not at all diverse. Most students are white and wealthy, and privileged in an almost shocking manner. I believe most people here come from one prep school or another and it shows. They have never known or seen anything other than their own wealthy neighborhoods and schools. I will say that despite it being a very preppy and privileged environment the students have all been very friendly.
Great school with a beautiful campus. Student are able to get to know professors well and ask for help whenever needed.
Start Your Review of Connecticut College
Conn is a really tight knit community and a great place to go to school. Going out can get repetitive, and the immediate local area of New London blows.
Great community feeling because of the small size. So many ways to create and pursue your passions! Love the professor to student relationship and the caring and friendly feeling on campus.
Conn has a great community. The use of the Honor Code only shows the trusting environment on campus. Although there are things that could be better, it's still really good!