Connecticut College Reviews

Great school overall! Although Connecticut College is small, it has an inviting environment and has helped me feel at home.
Conn gave me the opportunity to explore different avenues of study I might be interested in pursuing. The close knit community and small size of the college made me feel right at home. The professors are extremely willing to help you succeed.
Academically I love the school. After one class in psychology I was sure that it was the major for me. The campus is incredibly beautiful. The school is in a location where you can easily get to New York or Boston. Due to its size, the party scene at the school is rather weak. You can always make it a good time, but it does lack the college party feeling.
Start Your Review of Connecticut College
It's easy to feel at home, no matter who you are, you'll find a good spot as long as you are genuine.
I haven't yet started my time there, but I can say confidently that the college fosters an atmosphere that I've never seen before. It's just the safest, most lively, most entertaining, and coolest place ever! I really wouldn't change much! Maybe some of the clubs could be altered or played with, but I'm not so sure. Love this place! Hope it changes my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is really is a wonderful school, if it is what you are looking for. It's the classic small liberal arts school, and for somebody looking for a more intimate environment in the classroom than it's perfect. Not all the professors are amazing, but the majority are (or at least the ones I have had).
That being said in terms of student life for some this may be ideal, but for others it may be a culture shock. First it's not at all diverse. Most students are white and wealthy, and privileged in an almost shocking manner. I believe most people here come from one prep school or another and it shows. They have never known or seen anything other than their own wealthy neighborhoods and schools. I will say that despite it being a very preppy and privileged environment the students have all been very friendly.
Great school with a beautiful campus. Student are able to get to know professors well and ask for help whenever needed.
Conn is a really tight knit community and a great place to go to school. Going out can get repetitive, and the immediate local area of New London blows.
Great community feeling because of the small size. So many ways to create and pursue your passions! Love the professor to student relationship and the caring and friendly feeling on campus.
Conn has a great community. The use of the Honor Code only shows the trusting environment on campus. Although there are things that could be better, it's still really good!
Only a month into my freshman year at Conn, I have already begun to call this place my home. While it is by no means perfect, it is pretty sweet. Every Thursday and Saturday night is full of partying and great times. The people are all really cool. The only thing that sucks is that the school is dominated by athletes so that can sometimes be intimidating. But, there are more than enough non-athletes to surround yourself with if you are not into sports.
Lots of white people, but still diverse. There are a lot of people from different parts of the country, so its not just preppy WASP's that so many other schools have. But its pretty vanilla here. There is absolutely no discrimination against anyone though, thats taken very seriously here.
It's college so there is drinking. But I have really never seen anyone who has had too much to drink without a support system to help them through the night/next day.
There is a superb presence against sexual assault. All women groups, all men groups, and co-ed groups are all very active in preventing assault. Many of my friends take initiative in situations and I really haven't seen anything go wrong.
Housing is good here. Basically all sophomores and older will have a single or live in an apartment, and freshman usually are in doubles or triples.
Athletics are chill here. I love watching soccer games on the green, but what I really love is how well integrated the athletes are with non-athletes. I am not a varsity athlete but still have many friends who are.
Conn is amazing. I am so happy I chose this school over some of the other NESCAC's. The honor code is really something to brag about, it is really peer enforced and I can feel the shared governance the students have on campus.
Start Your Review of Connecticut College
Conn has been four of the best years of my life. The people are amazing, I've made awesome friends that I'll have for the rest of my life, the social scene is fun and the professors, classes and individual attention is outstanding. I would however like to see them change their attitude and policies towards parties. Social life should be encouraged and campus safety should be a group that you can count on for help, not work to avoid.
We have a great career services center that really sets students up to find internships and jobs for the summer or during school. The people that work there are always very welcoming and want to help find you the best possible fit they can. They also work on finding the best programs that fit their students.
There are so many different types of courses to take. And they cover all different fields, if you're bored with one thing it is easy to move onto something else. The professors are very accommodating to everything that students need. Even if someone needs help outside of the professors office hours they will make time to help that student out. Classes are pretty difficult but if you manage your time well and do all the extra help sessions then it makes the workload much more doable.