Concordia University Irvine Reviews

My experience at Concordia University Irvine, has been amazing. I got into a JumpStart program that helped me know the campus better and was over the summer, for free. The professors are very caring and try to help as much as possible as well as the staff and everyone else. Students are very friendly and create an amiable hemisphere throughout the campus. There is so much we can do in such a small campus.
if you have a different lifestyle than the majority of athletes and Lutheran people at this school then do not bother coming to this dark place where you will loose all sense of hope due to biast staff members and RA’s. After a semester of going to this “university” I realized that schoolwork is a joke meaning it is beyond easy, staff members are extremely rude and biast against anyone not an athlete or religious, we live in a sensitive society and Concordia is the catalyst for “cultivating” young people to be a part of our sensitive society which is a parasite growing that stops us from seeing the real world. Concordia must change their conservative ways if if they want to really succeed as a university. I have hope for this school as I see potential in it but loose hope when I see how long they have been open and they are still not willing to change their ways for the greater good.
The school is super small, the class sizes are amazing! There is religious classes you MUST take at concordia as well. They are not enjoyable, most deem them as a waste of time/money. Profs are very willing to help you out. The school spirit is lacking and activities on campus are minimal. You need to know how to make your own fun if you attend. The party scene is practically non existent, sports teams throw small apartment parties. Most days on campus you will wonder where your $50,000 goes because the campus and student life need to be improved. There is no college town, nothing even within walking distance and freshmen are not allowed cars it can get very boring. Everyone knows everyone it is super cliquey. The only good thing is the professors and the friends I have made.
Start Your Review of Concordia University Irvine
Small school feel with plenty of academic rigor. Have had plenty of opportunities since graduating. All my best friends are still from this place. It used to be called Christ College because he’s there!
Excellent school that personalizes instruction, cares about the students and gets you out in 4 years. The academics are challenging and meaningful. The instruction and knowledge applies to the real world and encourages leadership and gives the student the background they need to get employment in changing fields and a changing world.
Concordia offers competitive academic scholarships and can help a student earn their degree in four years because the classes are small and the counselors know what they are doing. Counselors and teachers work with you one on one to make sure you are on track and growing as a learner.
Concordia is also a very beautiful, safe campus and the dorms are some of the best in so cal.
I've enjoyed my time at Concordia University Irvine. The school campus is changing every year due to the campus becoming a division two campus. Although there is a lot of construction now, once it is done the students will have many more resources at their disposal.
The professors are the highlight of the school. It is expensive and the food and dorm life is very restrictive but the academics are great.
It is a very small and average school. If you got anything above a 3.0 GPA you are going to be the smartest in your class, no matter what. If you don't like religion or deep thought then this isn't the school for you. The food isn't great. The professors are average but because it is so small they have a lot of office hours to help if you don't understand.
The campus is amazing and big. If it also has very good student resources for the students to get help from the teachers.
Concordia University Irvine is one of the most backwards, bureaucratic, obstinate, letter of the law institutions that I have ever had the misfortune of interacting with, and mind you that I once spent an entire Friday being run in circles at the DMV. They will do send you on never ending wild goose chases to fetch proper forms to add/drop classes that end with you being unable to drop the classes due to them being 'core' classes. The real kicker is that if you complain about these core classes in any way you will bruise the sensitive feelings of the white male school administrators , because you know it's their academic career who is being ruined by their backwards, stringent, and esoteric rules and not mine.
Anywho I'd give it a 0/10 but their lunch lady sure knows how to grill a cheese sandwich like nobodies business.
amazingly supportive faculty. Professors are incredibly knowledgeable and care beyond their normal role. Nursing experience is fantastic and highly recommend for an accelerated BSN. Great food. Great academics. Super safe. Veteran friendly. Mom friendly.
Concordia University Irvine is a very wholesome school. Although incredibly expensive I believe that money was well spent on the education I received at Concordia. However there isn't much campus life activities which is why I feel like although Concordia is a dry campus many students end up partying in the dorms. I had a good run at Concordia and I wouldn't take it back, but if I could do it over I would probably pick a bigger school that is more diverse and not so close minded.
This school is wonderful! I plan to commit in the next week, and I am so excited! The small, safe, campus is full of friendly students, good food, and excellent, faith-based academics.
Some professors are very helpful, but others unfortunately in my major are unresponsive to questions or additional help needed. The school does not keep pace financially with aid awarded in ratio to the amount that they increase tuition and other school expenses, making each year more difficult to attend. And they are very heavy handed about collecting fees from students!
The campus and food are good.
In hindsight this might to have been the best choice.
I loved the campus and the area around Concordia is beautiful I would definitely recommend this school to people around the area.There are a lot of things to do around the area.The irvine spectrum is very close by or if you want to go on a hike it is also relatively close.
I love the challenging, Christ-centered learning at Concordia. The small school provides opportunity for intimate relationships with fellow students and professors. I felt personally invested in every step of my education, and I am grateful to have been taught to be wise, not just educated.
What I like about Concordia Irvine is that the campus is beautiful and the staff is very welcoming to incoming new students.
Start Your Review of Concordia University Irvine
Concordia University is an excellent school but is definitely small. Professors engage with you much more personably and efficiently than at a public university because classes are smaller. The music program is excellent and I do not know much about athletics.
The staff has been very kind and attentive to my needs. The information provided to me early helped me book travel and order books for courses well in advance. I am also impressed by their live YouTube orientation session they held with Dr. John Townsend. He answered our questions submitted via chat and had an upbeat and positive attitude about the whole thing.
I would recommend to be financially stable or at least have enough financial aid to avoid any stress about paying tuition. Other than that, they offer good dorms and good, fresh cafeteria food that always has a salad bar or grill if you crave burgers or fries. There's a decent amount of clubs but not many parties so it's pretty quiet around here.