Concordia University - Texas Reviews

At Concordia, you feel like you are in a family. Everyone is so supportive and accepting. The school is small so you get more one on one time with the professors.
The enrollment process was simple. I heard right away about acceptance. Admissions counselor Vince Henderson was amazing.
Concordia has an amazing community: so many kind faces and attitudes (in Students and Teachers). Since it's a small school, the teachers and students have more of an opportunity to get to know each, and therefore great resources for class. Now small community also means everyone knows everyone which is good and bad. Also they change things, that possibly don't need changed. Granted it's only happened with a few things: book pricing (no more book store), took away the film and broadcasting communications focus, and Education now has to be a major not minor. Those are the only I can think of though; but overall great university, wonderful people, and sits on a big Nature Preserve (aka beautiful).
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Texas
Concordia University is an amazing college. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and the professors are all very helpful and will take the time to help you succeed. The classes are small, which allows students to get to know their professors and classmates, and the dorms, while not luxury suites, are all more than serviceable.
Don’t listen to the advisors. They consistently put me in incorrect classes for my major requirements, and told me a graduation date a whole year sooner than was reality when I first transferred.
Seems like a lot of money goes in to the sports teams... meanwhile, they’re cutting the jobs of really great professors, and then keeping around old ineffective ones (I.e. Meunch). They have a reported graduation rate of 35%, “retention” of 63%, and a transfer rate of 44%. Seems sketch, as I only know a couple people in my major that have been here with me all 2.5 years.
Need more info? Go check them out on Glassdoor.com, or check out how their current numbers match up with the goals the president made when he first came in.
The campus is quite beautiful though, the people are at least fake nice if not genuine. Safety is actually really really great, and the local area has everything you’d need.
End of the day, not worth the bill or the headache unless you already live locally.
This school is amazing! I am a mother of two and recently decided to go back to school to pursue nursing. They accepted all my previous school credits! I was lacking a few classes and they offer them all online so that I am able to stay at home with my baby while still completeing the necessary requirements! I can’t wait to start the ABSN program this fall! The school is on the expensive, but I have no doubt that it will be worth it!!
Concordia has a beautiful campus that is very safe & has a nice family feel. The campus is on a wildlife preserve so it has a feel as though you were in the woods. Class sizes are small which makes it very easy to get to know your classmates and professors & the professors are always very understanding.
Veteran/Xfer: The place is cloistered and isolated and the atmosphere reflects that. I can't view it as a christian school because I see few christian values or social activity taking place. Most of the students hide in little cliques and don't talk to anyone else. In class, there is little to no participation and most of the students act like they do not want to be there. I didn't realize this but I'm allergic to cedar and the campus is a nature reserve for cedar trees so between jan-mar, expect to be bedridden even with meds on a regular basis and all that entails academically. As far as being older and a transfer, There is no community for me, and when I reach out to try and engage, I don't get anything back. I'm at a loss and ready to transfer somewhere else. They got rid of the Smoking pavilion, a typical place for veteran's and transfers to hang out and decompress, now we all go back to our homes in between classes.
Concordia has small class sizes and teachers who are dedicated to Concordia's mission, Developing Christian Leaders.
For the majority of my undergrad I have enjoyed Concordia. The education department and the professors have always been incredibly helpful and understanding. It's an open place to share and be encouraged in your faith. It's a quiet campus and the classes are small, which works well for me. I was really able to focus on academics. The student involvement and campus activities are small and limited which is kind of a bummer. It's a beautiful campus on a nature preserve. You can tell that the school is working on making it a more student friendly campus, but there still needs to be a lot of work done.
The academic advisors sometimes do not know what they are talking about and at times, are not too helpful. Also, have yet to receive scholarships or grants from the institution themselves and they do not seem too concerned with helping me find financial aid to pay for school. However, their nursing program is excellent.
Concordia University - Texas is a beautiful place to attain a degree. The facilities are well-maintained and clean. The campus is on a large amount of gorgeous, preserved land that features some hiking trails and awesome views. The faculty is kind and encouraging. The atmosphere is positive and welcoming.
while visiting Concordia University Texas I was greeted immediately and met some very nice people on campus. The campus is beautiful and the dorms are spacious.
The professors are definitely the best part about this school. I have never been in a better academic environment with the best tools to help me learn.
It's a small campus so all the professors over there really care about you. A lot of them have really good office ours and are very flexible with your schedule. Honestly, to fail some of the classes you have to make an active effort to fail just because of how much the professors go out of their way to help.
Concordia University - Texas, has a beautiful campus and environment. Everyone is connected and because it's a private school you are given the ability to connect more not only with classmates, but with the professors as well.
I love the friendly atmosphere at Concordia so much! It's truly my home away from home. I would not want to be at any other University. I love all of the professor, staff and students. Everyone is nice and welcoming, all of the time. You can always find the help you need, no matter what!
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Texas
The Adult Degree Program is one night per week, on ground, very convenient. My prior experience with the online program wasn't very good though.. They initially were unorganized and nearly costed me my degree... But since it's first year has improved with strategic student planning assistants.
The school is great place for someone if they need a smaller school and a beautiful campus. The one thing i would change is how the atmosphere around it is very serious most of the times.
Concordia University is such a great school. The staff is super sweet and the students as well! The campus is very different compared to other school campuses. It is a beautiful big green place, you'll never get tired of looking at the place.