Concordia University - Oregon Reviews

I'm embarrassed to say I'm associated with this university. Academics have never been strong but now there's new problems arising. Campus security is a joke and City of Portland is not the least bit helpful. There's a lot of crazies and trash. Concordia is no longer safe in its bubble.
I like the community Concordia University brings with the feeling of welcome and gratitude. Even though I am a person of color, I feel like I do fit in and feel right about being here. Everyone smiles, opens the door for you, and say thanks and you are welcome when necessary. The amount of support students get towards their education is big and very helpful. They have various resources available for all students to achieve success.
Great school, great education, small class sizes and helpful staff. Professors are always willing to help and if not the person higher up will fix your problem and help. Everyone that works on campus is extremely friendly!
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Oregon
Concordia University has excellent advisors that support their students through both the good and the challenging times throughout their college career.
My experience here at CU-PDX has been so amazing. I have made lots of friends, been doing good in school thus far, and have been very involved in extracurricular activities.
Love this college! All online but this is so easy and everyone is super convenient. Online community is awesome and it is simple and easy to understand where everything is for the weekly online course.
The campus is nice and you meet a lot of people. It is close to downtown as well as places to eat and shop
I am currently a sophomore at Concordia University. I was enjoyed my experience so far at this school. I am on a sports team here so I am constantly busy. I feel that if i were not on a sports team here, I would be going to school elsewhere. It is a small campus, probably similar to your high school size campus. It is very boring if you don't live near and cant go home. Professors are great, they are all very passionate and really want their students to succeed. Due to the small class sizes, you develop relationships with your professors and they are there if you have any questions.
Concordia hands out schollies like candy and their diplomas aren't that impressive in the job market. My classes have yet to challenge me and I'm going to need to transfer. The student body is a weird group of people and the neighborhood is sketch.
It is very welcoming and small. If you want to have classes with ~12 people and an amazing professor this is for you.
kind welcoming faculty and students and many community areas that are just amazing. Their sports teams bring you closer as a family and the big Halloween trick or treat the dorms is wonderful and inviting o the community as well. they have hosted it every year.
Excellent experience. Professors are extremely dedicated and always available to help. Having obtained my undergraduate degree 13 years prior I was able to jump right in due to the user friendly format of the online curriculum.
Concordia has a great community environment and a nice education. There main offices do seem to have some communication issues. Financial aid has been known to add extra fees to your bill and not apply your scholarships to your account.
Beautfiful campus and professors who challenge students to step outside of comfort zone and explore innovative ideas for problem solving. My professors have pushed me to grow personally and professional and have played a vital role in my learning experience and encouraged me to use my knowledge to impact how social services and healthcare are delivered to people experiencing chronic homelessness in my community. The class sizes are small, allowing for students to receive alot of one on once attention and maximize their learning experience. One aspect that makes this campus so appealing is how the Dean of Students and other staff members take time to engage with students to be sure they are accomplishing their full potential. On several occassions I have had a professor encourage me to pursue research and professional opportunities that I am interested in that will improve community outreach outcomes.
All the education professors are helpful, welcoming, and thoughtful of their students. Also, Concordia's education program has students getting hands-on experience as soon as they enter the program; I think this is great because it gives students a sense of what their future will be like.
I absolutely love Concordia University. It has given me the perfect experience to help me further my career. My favorite part of my path towards my bachelors, is that they have a internship program that gives you on the job experience towards the field you will be looking into. The professors are very helpful and make it a priority to know your name and continue growing with you.
Great school for getting your masters in Education. When I got finished I had a job as a teacher. The professors and staff give you all the tools to succeed
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Oregon
The athletic teams are awesome. Everyone knows everyone here. We are like a family and it makes going to school everyday enjoyable.
Concordia is a small diverse University that allows students and staff to get easily acquainted and staff is supportive and available outside of class. The Cafeteria has a wide variety of good food selections although the prices feel like restaurant prices. The campus and dorms are well laid out and kept really clean- security is awesome. I love Concordia U.
Tuition is really expensive for what it's not worth--even the food is pricey.
The professors are great but they have high expectations.
Not a fan of the facilities--seems like they're in it for money not the students.