Concordia University - Nebraska Reviews

I am about to visit Concordia University, Nebraska in about two weeks because of athletics. I talked to the coach over the phone and he was genuinely very nice and I learned a lot of information on the school. I am personally wanting to major in chemistry to eventually get my master's and go in to the field of forensic science. I learned that the Chemistry professor is/was (I'm not sure) in the FBI which would help me personally be able to get my bachelor's in chemistry but also learn specifically about forensic science to be more successful. One thing I love about the school generally is that there are small class sizes. Small class sizes make for an easier environment to get extra personal help from teachers during class time. Huge classes are more for people who can do everything mostly individually because it would be harder to get one on one help from the teacher.
My parents both attended Concordia and the staff is very welcoming, they continue to help me with my college decision. The campus is one of my favorites that I have visited so far. My admissions counselor has been very helpful and has provided me with plenty of scholarship opportunities, even if I don't end up at Concordia.
Most professors are great at taking time to sit down and talk with you about future plans, answering questions from class, and are genuinely interested in your life outside class. The campus has a great sense of community and is a beautiful place to live. It would be better however if the city of Seward had more activities.
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Nebraska
The staff are dedicated to the learning of the students. However this school does not allow students to make mistakes and learn from them like many students do at college. They set curfew for the students and punish them as if they are the parents of all of the students. It is probably done for the benefit of the student however, in order to grow and mature the students need to be able to learn from their mistakes
All around the college is very great. The professors are open to questions or concerns and with the smaller class sizes it makes it easier to connect with them. The food, housing and campus is very upscale and has a very positive feeling. While keeping it upscale and modern, the university keeps some of its very original buildings to accent the modern interior. It is obvious that the college and faculty care about the students and are committed to helping them learn.
I loved Concordia University in Nebraska. Very nice people and a very clean state and area around the college. I liked that the area the university is in is one of the top safest towns in Nebraska. I don't think anything needs to change
I love the community atmosphere that this school provides. However, I would like to see more on campus activities for students to participate in.
Concordia has an absolutely amazing atmosphere with teachers and staff that truly care. I am able to get a great education while surrounding myself with kind, caring, driven students. Concordia is a home away from home!
I play football there and the team is great, campus is okay, and everyone there is friendly. What really made my first semester there good were my friends, they helped me get through a lot. Being it was only about 15 black people there we stuck together but they made it fun for me. one of the best experiences of my life. college will bring out the best and the worst of you.
I am a sophomore at Concordia, and my freshman year was amazing. Concordia has a strong Christ-centered community, and Professors who get to know you on a personal level. The campus has all the resources you need, and people who care about your success as much as you do.
It has a great sense of community and wonderful people. The professors really make sure you are not just a number. There are a bunch of different activities to participate in or even watch.
Concordia University - Seward is one place where you always feel at home. The atmosphere created by the staff and students on campus is one that rivals nearly all top schools in the country. The academics here are top notch and the faculty is always willing to put in extra hours to assist you on your journey. Also, the community is extremely supportive and safe. Seward has one of the lowest crime rates for a city in the entire state. Many of the people in admissions are always trying to help you find ways to pay for college and assist you along your path to success. I am very proud to say I am a Bulldog. There is no place like Concordia.
The academic program is strong and worth putting in all the work. However, the campus is not very diverse and are not necessarily friendly to everyone which does not make it a very inviting campus. I would like to see a more friendly enviornment along with a sports program with good coaches and supporting teammates.
The community of Concordia and Seward Nebraska is amazing and the professors are engaged in your success. As a Christ-centered University, Concordia is a great place for those who wish to advance there faith life and grow in their relationship with Christ. I am a graphic design major and spend a great deal of time in the art building. Again, the sense of community is phenomenal, especially in the art department. I never want to leave the art building with such great support and constructive criticism from the freshman to the upperclassmen. The art professors art approachable and want you to become the best artist you can. There is even an annual student art show. All art majors have the opportunity to have work in the show.
I love Concordia’s ability to make all students feel welcomed and wanted. Whether that’s through freshman activities, great professors, or just awesome, nice people, Concordia is extremely welcoming to everyone and anyone. Oh and I can’t forget to mention how awesome free parking at the university is!
I would, however, change the policies pertaining to the hours that boys/girls can be in each other’s dorms. I think that this policy should be different because by the time we get to college, we are adults. We should be capable of making our own mature decisions pertaining to the opposite gender.
The smallness of Concordia is one of its positives and negatives. It is a good thing because of how easy it is to know your fellow students, athletes, faculty, and even the president of the university. The negative of the smallness of the school is that everyone knows everything, word travels very fast.
It is the friendliest campus I have ever been a part of. The professors have more one on one time with students and care about the students, not only absorbing the material, but understanding it. It's also a small campus, so there is not as much walking and students are familiar with a lot of people who attend the university.
I love this school! The professors and students are loving and kind. Someone always has a kind word. The campus is beautiful and is an easy walk from the farthest point to the main building.
Start Your Review of Concordia University - Nebraska
The professors are very knowledgeable and get to know their students individually. Great facilities! The food is fairly good. The theater department is underfunded, though. Great athletic department!
I really like Concordia University in Seward, NE because it is such a loving place. Everyone cares for each other and shows their support to you through everything and anything. The power of God works daily through everyone there and you can just feel His presence as you walk around the campus. I am truly blessed to be able to attend Concordia in NE. The only thing I would like to be changed is curfew. I believe that since we are all adults that attend college, we should be able to make our own decisions and have more freedom. We are all old enough to make the right choices. Other than that, this is a great school to go to. I cannot wait for my second year to start!
The art department is very caring and open to new ideas and change. Something to improve on would be to make healthier school lunches.