Concordia University Irvine Reviews

The location of CUI is one of its best features. Some of the professors are amazing. However, the campus is small, dorms are okay but over capacity, food choices are limited and mediocre, they nickel and dime you for everything, tuition rates increase every year, their Academic Advising department is not helpful, their office staff have very rude workers, they are cutting programs, and not fully developing programs they have promised they would. Most "student life" happens off campus.
The meals offered at Concordia are delicious (esp. the breakfast burritos). The dorm rooms are really nice. The professors really seem like they care about you and believe in you.
Concordia University is a University with a large diversity. Students feel very comfortable. They are able to contact their professors and they interact well. The campus offers a good way of silence and quietness. Not only does Concordia University help students grow academically to become future leaders, but they also develop a personal connection with Jesus Christ. Students at Concordia University are well involved at their community and in their studies. They strive for the best, thanks to the help provided by the University.
Review Your College
The school atmosphere is great. It is very difficult to transfer in or out of this school because of the hyper-specific general ed classes. Most professors are easy to work with. Almost all professors are religiously affiliated with the Lutheran church.
I like how this college is beyond greater in teaching about the material and implementing our own way of thinking about the subject. It's great for me.
I am enjoying my experience of being a distant learner graduate student at CUI. I feel more connected to my cohort and professor, then when I attended undergraduate school at CSULB. Great professor and academic programs.
I am about to graduate from Concordia Irvine in about 6 months. Let me tell you I pay this school A LOT of money every month for tuition and no one on the staff seems to be in any rush to help me with my registration process. They don't care. No one ever emails me back. The admissions office is so slow. The woman I had always dealt with in advising is no longer there because she had a baby. She was so helpful. Now, I email to ask about my grad plan and and told by the director of advising that she is "unable" to email me back until late December... 2 weeks before school starts!
The bursar is really in no way shape or form willing to help you. He is rude and only wants your money.
The professors are great. But the staff in the background are terrible! I'm so upset that I pay so much money and the purpose of these people's jobs is to help students succeed.
So far I like all of my professors. Some are better than other but none are awful.
I know I have a direct internship that I can be a part of over summer and I know I will have a lot of connections once I graduate.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I feel safe walking from the theater to my dorm at 11 at night
The dorms are great and the halls are beautiful. They are dorms so they are small but they aren't too small.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Almost all of the students on campus are athletes so the school revolves around them a little bit, but it is not necessarily a bad thing.
I love this school because everyone so kind and friendly, whether they know who you are or not.
There are a lot of connections if you search for them and go to events/ join clubs. There is an online website to help with finding a job. Internships are a bit difficult to find.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
Overall, it has been a great experience. The class sizes are small. There is only one big lecture hall. The arts program is very good. The sports program is also very good.
The rooms are very spacious. The cleanliness depends on the people living in the rooms. The RDs work hard to find the best RAs for the job.
  • 9 months ago
  • Housing
Many students are involved in athletics, both varsity sports and intramurals. The performance has been good enough that they are now NCAA division 2. The is a lot of school spirit for sports. The facilities are great for some and good for others.
Review Your College
Most of the professors really care for the students success and well-being. The campus is in a beautiful setting. The people are overall welcoming and caring.
We have security guards at the entrances of the campus. There are always guards or workers patrolling the campus grounds.
The courses are easy enough to manage, and the advisors are there to help you with anything. Most of the professors I have gotten were pretty good at the subject, and they're all super friendly.