Community College of Vermont Reviews

Community College is a fantastic way to save money for the first two years of school. This particular college makes it very easy to transfer; they have a Pathways program that will align your schedule with the schedule of students in various Vermont universities. I personally am transferring to NVU Johnson, and so what I did was my freshmen year, I met with my advisor. She showed me a list of all the classes that correspond with the classes that Johnson students are taking their first year. This way, you're taking the same classes that you would for the first two years of your four year school, and learning the same exact content, but for way, way less money! CCV makes everything very easy, and every teacher there is approachable and helpful. It's really a great place to go, especially if you want to graduate from a four year school but save thousands of dollars for the first two years.
I like that there is Tutors available to make my home work studies more manageable. I like that they gave me an option of taking a summer class to catch me up on my English studies so that I can take my Major in the fall. The Professors are very helpful to me and are always willing to go over things with me if I don't understand. I feel the classes that I am taking are more my level and I feel confident that i can succeed to earn my degree. I like that I don't have to travel that far to get to my classes.
The College is a convenient place to study, and they have online course options which I like. The quality of the courses is hit or miss, but there are some good ones.
Start Your Review of Community College of Vermont
I have had such a great experience at Community College of Vermont (CCV). I have been attending since 2015 and will finally be able to graduate before then end of 2019. A career path has never been pushed onto me and everyone has been so amazing. The advisors are so amazing, whatever I need they are there and go above and beyond in making this college like a home. We are all family here and that was something I was scared of when I started at CCV. I was worried that I would be all alone and that's not the case at all. My fellow students and instructors are just as amazing. My instructors all understand that life happens and they will accommodate within reason. I could never have asked for a better college experience. I wouldn't change anything about CCV. They are a very family and community oriented college which is great for students who have families.
CCV Winooski is clean and safe. The only suggestion for improvement is to add more toilets the men’s bathroom. There is only one.
As a young parent of two kids and working full time, going back to school is not easy. The classes, professors and counselors at CCV really help make the process easier! The school is convenient with many choices of the classes you need either in class or online! To be more productive against the surrounding schools, I believe the college should expand on the classes that they allow and/or the degrees they give out. I personally am perusing an Allied Health Certificate at CCV in order to transfer to another college to pursue a nursing degree. Having other options than just certificates would be beneficial, like a science based associate degree.. although being a smaller community college what it has is expected. I will continue to attend CCV because it works great for my hectic lifestyle.
The community at CCV is great. The professors truly care about their students and do everything they can to help when reached out to. However, I wish they offered more diverse courses at the rural locations.
I love CCV. First of all, I took a year off to look at myself and what I wanted to do in life, after already completing a class with CCV. When I was ready to get back into college, the team was ready to make my dreams come true. As someone who cannot afford to go to a large and pricey college, CCV was one of the few options I had, and thankfully I have found this school to be the best option for me.
This is a great school with fantastic, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful teachers. I have found a career path at this school, and my confidence has soared.
I've been going to ccv for three years now and have loved the experience. I worked all three years while going to school, which has kept me busy. The teachers and advisors are extremely supportive and understand that we're adults and have lives outside of school.
Professors are usually community members who actually work in their fields- diverse and high quality for a fraction of normal cost.
very accommodating class wise and teacher student relationship wise. I enjoy the option of being able to work full time and take classes online as well. Biggest downside with this college is the major LACK of help when it comes to financial aide. They are not accommodating when it comes to helping students pay for college. It's more of a pay or get out type of system. Fiancial advisor seems to be sorry quite a bit but does not give other options. Choose the right guidance counselor as well. Some are great! Others don't seem to really care or answer your questions well to help better your future. Can sometimes seem burdened. The teachers and the classes are wonderful. Fair grading system, and classes are well taught.
I had a good experiences at CCV. The professors helped me out by on Thursdays by going over the work that was done in class and understanding it better out of class time.
The Community College of Vermont is a great place to begin continuing your higher education. Classes are interesting, teachers are great, and advisors are friendly and truly want you to succeed. I am so thankful to CCV for giving me the flexibility I needed to go to college whilst working at the same time.
I’m majoring in nursing and came here for my freshman year to save some money before transferring to a university. This school is great because the class size is about 20 for every class which makes it easy to get to know the teacher. I will be transferring to a university in the fall which will cost a lot more money and I’m happy I came to this school for my freshman year.
Good experience with CCV.
Winooski location.
Community college, so no on campus housing/food (account for low marks in those areas)
Easy to schedule classes.
Classes often available.
Some classes only offered in distant locations, long commute.
Professors are helpful.
Teachers here are either hit or miss. Some care very much about students and the class while others do not.
Start Your Review of Community College of Vermont
As a freshmen of ccv Saint Albans I don’t mind it. The building and classes are small which can make it way easier to learn and have one on one with your teachers. I’ve had classes that had 4 other students in it and classes that has had 10 other students. The teachers can vary. I had some really good ones and terrible ones. Classes are once a week but are for almost 3 hours long. You learn a weeks worth of material in one class. Teachers understand the classes are long and sometimes let you out early. The tuition is very reasonable for 4 classes in one semester the cost didn’t exceed $3,300 tops. The classes range from students fresh out of high school to 25+. you can’t live on campus and there aren’t any ways to get involved besides work study- if you’re applicable and the community of student reps.
Love the staff. Professors are awesome. Great variety of classes available. Nursing prerequisites are easy to get into and advisors work with you to help you get what you need. Andrea Head is a godsend to the evening classes. She makes sure everyone is where they need to be and helps everyone she comes in contact with.
Teachers and staff are very helpful. Not everyone is highly knowledgeable but everyone is always polite and helpful. Some teachers are very knowledgeable and want to prepare students for careers but some of my teachers were very lazy and did only the minimum amount of work.