Community College of Vermont Reviews

I had a good experiences at CCV. The professors helped me out by on Thursdays by going over the work that was done in class and understanding it better out of class time.
The Community College of Vermont is a great place to begin continuing your higher education. Classes are interesting, teachers are great, and advisors are friendly and truly want you to succeed. I am so thankful to CCV for giving me the flexibility I needed to go to college whilst working at the same time.
I’m majoring in nursing and came here for my freshman year to save some money before transferring to a university. This school is great because the class size is about 20 for every class which makes it easy to get to know the teacher. I will be transferring to a university in the fall which will cost a lot more money and I’m happy I came to this school for my freshman year.
Start Your Review of Community College of Vermont
Good experience with CCV.
Winooski location.
Community college, so no on campus housing/food (account for low marks in those areas)
Easy to schedule classes.
Classes often available.
Some classes only offered in distant locations, long commute.
Professors are helpful.
Teachers here are either hit or miss. Some care very much about students and the class while others do not.
As a freshmen of ccv Saint Albans I don’t mind it. The building and classes are small which can make it way easier to learn and have one on one with your teachers. I’ve had classes that had 4 other students in it and classes that has had 10 other students. The teachers can vary. I had some really good ones and terrible ones. Classes are once a week but are for almost 3 hours long. You learn a weeks worth of material in one class. Teachers understand the classes are long and sometimes let you out early. The tuition is very reasonable for 4 classes in one semester the cost didn’t exceed $3,300 tops. The classes range from students fresh out of high school to 25+. you can’t live on campus and there aren’t any ways to get involved besides work study- if you’re applicable and the community of student reps.
Love the staff. Professors are awesome. Great variety of classes available. Nursing prerequisites are easy to get into and advisors work with you to help you get what you need. Andrea Head is a godsend to the evening classes. She makes sure everyone is where they need to be and helps everyone she comes in contact with.
Teachers and staff are very helpful. Not everyone is highly knowledgeable but everyone is always polite and helpful. Some teachers are very knowledgeable and want to prepare students for careers but some of my teachers were very lazy and did only the minimum amount of work.
If you want to be in a close-knit community and get high quality support from your teachers and advisors, then the Community College of Vermont is a great choice for you. During the year I spent studying there I came to realize that my success and well-being was their priority. I would like to see them offering a greater variety of courses in all their campuses.
The most affordable school in the state! CCV is an incredible place to start your college education. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and if they don't know they answer they are happy to point you in the right direction. Like any institution, you will have some teachers you don't like and some that are amazing - this is not a problem unique to CCV.

While CCV's tuition can be daunting to out of state students, it's the most affordable in the state of Vermont, and the only reason it's higher than other states is because of Vermont's lack of funding for state schools.

Make sure to check out your local Learning Center for help and tutoring. This is not a "traditional" college, so don't expect athletics, housing or a cafeteria on-site.
The Community College of Vermont gets five stars from me! It has several locations, including online classes. The counselors/teachers/workers are some of the best I have had. You can tell they have a passion for what they do.
Community College of Vermont is Amazing! Everyone there is so incredibly helpful and knowledgeable of the school, the teachers, and the programs they offer! I am a high-school senior and I am apart of their dual enrollment program so I can complete some of my credits for my Nursing degree! My advisor was incredibly helpful when it came to helping me select a class with a teacher that had a grading policy, teaching style, syllabus, and textbook that all worked best for me and my busy schedule as well as what worked best for my budget. My teacher has also been incredibly helpful! I am taking an all online class, which is very demanding, and my teacher gives us plenty of helpful feedback, makes all our assignments very clear and easy to understand, she gives us support, and is always there to help us answer any questions we have. She also provides us with plenty of study materials and helpful information to ensure we succeed in the class and truly understand what we are learning.
As I haven't gone to college yet I can't say . But what I have seen on my first meet with my adviser on Tuesday the 18 , It was very nice. So as you see I don"t know must about the college as yet.
CCV is a nice small 2-year college. They offer many degrees in class and online. The advisors work with you to find the best match for your lifestyle. This college makes it possible for anyone to get a college degree. Whether you are fresh out of high school or a parent who has been out of school for years, CCV would be the best choice for you!
Most of the credits I am taking should transfer to another school.
Some professors are great and are extremely helpful. However others tend to have bad teaching styles and are extremely hard to get ahold of
Many of the people taking courses here have there career plan in mind and some are even in a career and are just looking to advance it.
Start Your Review of Community College of Vermont
Its hard because the teachers try there best to put you ahead, which means making courses hard but are willing to help when you get stuck.
I have found it extremely hard to sign up for the courses I want to take. Along with just trying to get in touch with.
So far I have had a great experience. The classes I need are readily available at the times I need. Great instructors that do care.