Community College of Rhode Island Reviews

CCRI is a good start for any student who hasn't decided their majors. They can take some general courses there with the lower tuition than any 4-year college. Furthermore, the student can get the same level education as any 4-year school. I had a great time at CCRI where I made lots of new friends including student, staffs and even faculties. They helped me to study and also to have fun.
Everything at CCRI to me was perfect except the campus food. They had a limited menu, and all the food was overpriced. I had to get out of campus if I wanted some food.
CCRI is a good school to get your start. It is very affordable and they offer a wide variety of majors. They also have a lot of opportunities to make an easy transition into the state 4 year colleges to continue your education. This can be a great stepping stone towards your career.
It truly help me shape my mind and mold me into the person I am today. It gave me time to contemplate on what I wanted to pursue down the road. Going into community college I wanted to go into politics but after taking an in-depth government class I learned this major wasn't for me. I ended up studying media classes and took an acting class and now I'd like to pursue a degree in Communications. Community college is very much worth it to those who do not have any idea what they want to do with their future. I thank the school for the experiences they gave me and how they helped me know what I want to do with my life as I continue to grow and learn in this ever-changing world.
Start Your Review of Community College of Rhode Island
Excellent professors, great practice labs, peer tutor accessibility, great team work. Would love to see more health care fields provided.
Community college of Rhode Island is an amazing place to be. All of the Professor are more than willing to help with anything you need. The programs are excellent and provide you with a great foot in the door. I haven’t experienced a bad day at community college of Rhode Island in the two years I have attended. I believe they really want to see you succeed and to see a better life for someone.
In only one semester I have learned so much about my major, Theatre costume design and I’m being pointed in the right direction for my career choice. I’m very please with the amount I’ve learned in such a short about of time and my professors are excellent and care about my success.
Most of the teachers seem to care about their job as well as the students. However, many advisers tend to run you around in a circle and have to take courses that are not needed.
Affordable school with options for anyone looking to further their education. I'm in the nursing program on nights and weekends and have found that, for the most part, the faculty and staff really want to see us succeed. They come to the classroom and clinicals with their own experiences and ready to teach.
It's a great school for starting off, getting your gen eds done. I made amazing memories here and learned so much, the teachers are amazing!
I love this college. The resources are there if you need them and most of the teachers are helpful. My only problem was in one of my science classes they split the lab and the class between two teachers who never corresponded with each other so most of us ended up failing.
This was the best decision I ever made when I decided to attend CCRI. I was able to get all my general education classes completed as well as enroll in the JAA Program that guaranteed my transfer to RIC. Also, there are so many extra help opportunities available that come free with being a student at CCRI including peer tutoring, writing help, just to name a few. Also, I was able to get a work study job on campus and it worked out great because it gave me extra time to do homework when work was not busy and also a little extra income to use. But overall, I would recommend CCRI to anyone who is indecisive on what career path they want to pursue and to those who wish to return back to school.
I have attended CCRI for two years and am now in a allied health program. I would recommend this school for someone who is trying to save money.
CCRI is the best bang for your buck as far as higher education goes in Rhode Island. For significantly lower tuition rates you receive an education comparable to those received at URI or RIC since many of the professors teach at multiple Rhode Island institutions. They also have joint admissions programs to help you succeed when you transfer to a four year school.
The location of ccri is great along with the people very nice and friendly but the price and the operation of the school needs to change.
community college is very beneficial for students who needs a flexible schedule. community college of Rhode Island has more than one campus that you can commute to.
I have attended CCRI for a few years now. Overall my experience has been pleasant. The staff has helped me figure out exactly what I need to complete my major. I started taking one class at a time and quickly increased my pace. I overall think CCRI is a safe school with a great staff! The only thing I would like to see is more students being accepted into the nursing program. I will be applying in the near future and have read online that some people wait 5+ years.
I have had an overall good experience at this college. Professors and students were all friendly. Most of my time was spent in the cafeteria in between classes, seems to be where everyone goes.
Start Your Review of Community College of Rhode Island
I am currently enrolled into CCRI and it is a wonderful experience so far. I've learned a lot of new people as well as a lot of information and history. Including important information about my future career of becoming an Art teacher. What I would like to see change, though, would be the security systems at our school, maybe more protection for the students. So we all can feel safe and comfortable in our learning environments.
CCRI is SO underrated. I have made countless friendships here, and it is very rare that you come across someone who is not friendly. The teachers really care about their students, and I always feel motivated in the school environment.
I had a very hard time here attending this school. I felt like after starting college years after graduating High School my experience would be much different. I did not feel like I had the help or support from the staff and was doomed to fail most of the time. I had trouble logging onto the portal most days the system would be down. This was a disadvantage in being able to get papers and homework handed in on time. The teachers seemed to be miserable there as well.