Community College of Allegheny County Reviews

CCAC does what it promises. They offer college level classes at a reasonable rate. My only issue is that, while there are many good teachers, there are some bad teachers and they are hard to miss. I recommend doing some scouting on the teacher before choosing the class. There is student life, but the nature of a commute school is that people are there and then leaving. Many clubs are impractical for me to go to because I finish class around noon and some start as late as 3. Overall, CCAC is a fine school but limited in what they offer and when they offer it.
Nice place, need more qualified teachers. Books prices are very high. Student are left unchecked, most if them complain about problems and left incomplete assignments. Its a nice place though, as its low tution. It need improvement like in accounting major, they can put internship class and teach student to use quickbook or something that will help student look for a job and make better resume.
I wasn't the brightest bulb back in high school, I was an avid drug addict and stoner that did not care about school whatsoever. Fortunately I was able to graduate (which was a miracle) and decided to wise up and be serious about my life. I am originally from Fairfax Virginia but I decided to come to (CCAC) community college in Pittsburgh as a change in atmosphere. I can honestly say that CCAC has completely changed my life! College here has been nothing but a positive experience and now I am a successful doctor in Peru.
Start Your Review of Community College of Allegheny County
classes are good, teachers are great. i'm passing so that means were both doing something right. touring is very helpful and there when i need it. theirs lots of activities and fun clubs to join. you can never say your bored here. i little bit of mold on Milton, on the ceiling, just saying.
I have enjoyed studying at CCAC vrry much. The Professors are very insightful and help you understand the material pretty easily. The campus is great too, it's always being kept clean. The only thing I would change about it would be for them to have more Criminal Justice classes to offer.
The faculty and staff and extremely helpful. The teachers are willing to work with you and they do the best to ensure that you learn. The school is also very good at making sure there is always something going on. I would highly recommend it for those in the Pittsburgh area
I think that the Community College of Allegheny County creates a great experience for its students. The professors are very knowledgeable and genuinely care about what they are doing. There are many opportunities available free to students to help maximize their learning. An overall great school!
I’ve had an overall good experience. I did find some classes to be more “difficult” than others because of the professors.
The school is a good transition from high school to obtaining a Bachelor's degree. Personally, I have found most of the teachers and classes to be about average.
The classrooms need to more up-to-date. The computers were just starting to become more technological savvy; however, not all the computers were new.
I have no had a bad experience yet at CCAC. I have been there for years and I have never had a teacher that was not more than passionate about the class they were teaching.
What I like about Community college of Allegheny county is how nice and affordable it is . This is a great life and learning experience for me so I can find what I like about my major and decide on certain things . The teachers are the ones who help you a lot I. Overall the college is great !
It’s both affordable and flexible. The professors are professional yet merciful, and they’ve got hefty belts of experience & credibility. The campus is the minimum of what you’d need while also providing amenities.
This college offers a wide range of degrees that are cost efficient for the students. The flexibility offered through the school works very well for traditional students and non-traditional students. The evening and weekend professors are some of the same ones that teach during the morning, their workload may be great on some days but I have yet to come across a professor that wasn't professional.
I like that ccac is very diverse from the students to the teachers. The professors are very hands on and are always available to help if you need it. The culinary program is great. I love the different recipes that we get to make and how they really make you feel like you are already a chef even though you haven't graduate yet. The campus is also very nice. I especially like the view of Heinz Field from the campus. When your in certain buildings you can actually see inside of the stadium.
I go here right now and am planning on graduating with an associate's in May. I graduated from a local high school that put so much emphasis on going straight to a traditional university/college and had a negative outlook on CCAC. However, this has been one of the greatest decisions I've ever made in my life. I attend the North campus and online. I tried to take a class at the main campus in Pittsburgh but felt like it was too big, too much- but if you like the idea of big college, then go for the main campus. But if you like small classes- which I certainly do- then North campus is great. They have many staff members who are there for you and to help you. Most professors are good and have taught at traditional universities. There are some professors that aren't good at teaching or aren't good to their students.
It is SO cheap. SO CHEAP. I get to live at home with my family, work, and see familiar faces. Again, one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Academics are good, but nursing program is very unorganized. Most of the faculty does a really good job, but some professors do not seem to care about the students.
Start Your Review of Community College of Allegheny County
My time so far at CCAC has been wonderful. They have a really good atmosphere and provide the necessary outlets in order to succeed.
This is an affordable college with a plethora of study programs and valuable teachers. Everyone is ready to assist you in any means possible. For anyone beginning college or just looking for a good school to attend, put CCAC on your list.
So far the education I've received has been top of the line. The buildings are older, but the college has been making major improvements and upgrades. The location is ideal and close to coffee, restaurants and entertainment.