Columbus State University Reviews

1,258 reviews
Columbus State University is not a top school but it is still a very good school to focus on academics, meet new people from different areas of Georgia, and to get involved into any extracurricular activities. The things that CSU need to change is having good summer classes to take online for students and to make the campus a whole lot better and a little bigger but just not too big.
Its a great university to attend. However its not a large campus compared to other universities in Georgia. Overall the staff is good.
Columbus state is probably the worst college I could imagine going to. Between the professors who have no clue what they're talking about to the drug addicts that are passing classes for just showing up. I would never go back and attend this college.
Review Columbus State University
Columbus State University was my first choice. This is because the location. I did not expect much out of the university but was surprised to see how much I enjoyed it. To be frank, it's still school so I'm not too pleased but if I have to be at school, Columbus State University is where I want to be. They have lively student life as well as understanding professors.
Teachers are great and really passionate about their fields. The campus is ever expanding and making itself more great. The students are determined and ready to embrace jobs in the fields that they study in.
I really love the campus! The food is great. All the dorms are single you can have the option to share a bathroom or get the private bathrooms. The food is great but I wished they had more fruits.
I honestly thought that I would hate Columbus State, but I was wrong. I really love the small school feel of it. There is so much opportunity for making friends and growing as an individual, as well as plenty of chances to excel. I am going to be proud to be a graduate of Columbus State University when that day comes.
It is a growing city. I got a lot out of my education there, but you get what you put in. I could have been pushed a bit more.
I have visited the school on my sophomore and senior year in high school it was part of the high-tech program. I am a entering freshman looking for ways to pay for school and that is why I am applying for this scholarship deadline.
Columbus state university is ranked highly for the musicbprogram .the business program is also very good.Great opportunities for each student to succeed. The tution has slowly increase in the past few years,but they have continously been growing.
I believe Columbus State University is a great school. It's not too big and not too croweded. I tend to focus more and get the help I need on school work, applications, or organizations. It is a great college experience and a great environment for students. Everyone here seems friendly. You can have you college fun with the amount of activities Columbus State offers.
This is a nice clean and quiet envirnment and everyone here is very friendly and helpful. Also the dorms are very nice and the teachers are willing to help. This is definietly a college will stay with and refer other people.
The local area is very accessible to the students living in campus housing. The campus shuttles are great and can take you all around campus including the downtown area. Safety seems to be a high priority and the campus police are visible. The housing is convenient and fun. It's not the best housing that i've seen but it's your own spot.
I love it here at Columbus State University. It is a really chill and small campus. However you are able to stay focused and get what you need done. There is always something to do to get involved with events and activities. Also. Columbus State is a safe environment. There is always police around watching the area to make sure everything is in order.
While Columbus State University has grown significantly ever since its establishment, there is certainly much room for improvement. Many of the professors can be unorganized, uncommunicative, and highly demanding, while many others can be lenient and dedicated to giving you a quality education. The technology is great, and the WiFi is spectacular. Many students come here and transfer after their first year, which is why the graduation rates are so low. Crime isn't an issue, and neither is the population. Very clean and well-moderated by campus police and other authority figures.
Columbus State University is a very good school. They are big on academics and getting involved. The one thing I would change is how you get information about the things you need to know.
The main campus is a bit dreary, but downtown where the arts and nursing are is fantastic. Saturday markets are always fun, shops up and down Broadway, and lots of cute doggos. The only complaint is that some of the teachers are there for more political reasons than skill, but that's only a handful out of a lot of great teachers. Also, at only $20K a year, it's on the cheaper side of schools in GA that aren't community colleges.
Review Columbus State University
Columbus State wasn't my first choice school, but I'm not disappointed from my time here. It is a small university so professors will take the time to learn your name. It does have two campuses and there is a noticeable separation between them. With enough interest changes can be made.
Even though I'm only going into my second semester as a college student, I've enjoyed my experience incredibly! I've put myself out there and found people I feel will be my friends for years to come, as well as learning the importance of studying and focusing on my education.
I had a good experience as a transfer student to Columbus State this semester. I commuted every day for an hour and 15 minutes one way and I had classes five times per week. The travel was well worth it.

I did well in my classes also.

Cailon Shaw