Columbus State University Reviews

1,317 reviews
I love the school! I've had wonderful experiences there and have built lifelong relationships with some amazing people. Proffesors are knowledgeable and willing to help. Parking was stressful and definitely needs to be improved. The food was great and student life was also great. There's always some kind of activity or event going on to keep students as well as the community entertained. Its definitely a nice looking campus. I entered in as a transfer student and the process was easy. Great school overall!
The school itself is really nice to me. It is a very clean campus with friendly people, when you choose the right ones. The sources to help you succeed are all there. The teachers are caring and very well taught, they always know what they're talking about. The food provided is just as great. The gym provided is updated and spacious for anyone and everyone to go to. As long as you are nice to people, you will receive the same feedback.
My overall experience here at Columbus State University has been great. I feel that the professors really care about the student receiving a quality education. I feel as though most students and professors here are friendly and willing to assist you with becoming acclimated with the campus environment. All of the professors and administrators have an open door policy. The financial aid office staff is very friendly and always on point when it comes to updating my scholarships into the system. The campus lawn is well maintained all year long. I would like to have more variety of selections for food choices, but the food is always good and freshly cooked. I feel safe on campus, and I always see the campus police riding around making sure that the campus is safe and secure. I am satisfied with my experience here at Columbus State University!!!
Start Your Review of Columbus State University
Columbus State is a great University! I really enjoy the atmosphere and the professionalism that each teacher shows the students. I would encourage anyone who is looking to further their education to look towards CSU as a start!
My experience at Columbus State University has been a fairly pleasant one. Of course, there have been ups and downs but that is to be expected of any university. I haven't had one professor that I could say anything negative about, they've all been incredibly kind and want to see their students succeed.
One thing I would really like to see change is the expansion of staff for my major's department. The Health Science department is very short staffed and it can be a struggle for students to take the classes needed because most are either offered once a year or online only, which can be quite expensive.
Coming into Columbus State I was nervous about the small school atmosphere, but it honestly makes college more enjoyable. It is refreshing seeing familiar faces walking around campus, especially on a stressful day. The classes are perfect size. Big enough to not have to sit in the front, but small enough to have a good relationship with your professor. The professors are very engaged and want all of their students to succeed.
What I love about CSU is the environment. It is a fun place to be and many exciting events. Winterfest is one of my favorite events because I love the Christmas season and it is fun for all ages. This event has caroling by a children's choir, arts and crafts, and many different food vendors. I absolutely love it! If I could change anything about CSU, I would suggest lettings students be more aware of the opportunity to help out with the event. Other students that I spoke with, including myself, were unaware of the signups to participate in the event.
there is always an event going on so you can attend school and have fun at the same time. Also with all the different groups on campus, you can find more forever friends.
I would change the cafe. The food there is quite average and repetitive everyday. I would make the financial aid office more efficient. When it's time to collect money their systems always go down, or they take their time to get your money in to you.
Columbus State is a great college, however, It isn't really what it seems as it is shown on the outside. The school really isn't as diverse as it claims to be, many of the clubs and organizations listed on the website are defunct, and I feel that the school doesn't do so much to get students to mingle and form social bonds. They have an excellent Center for International Education/ Study Abroad programs.
I enjoy being at CSU even though it is not my first pick. Shuttles that run every 20 minutes, so getting from main campus to downtown is not that hard. The problem is that sometimes drivers are late, they leave early, and some shuttles are too small to hold everyone. Security wise, there are emergency telephones around campus, and campus police drives around occasionally. I had a fantastic stay in the hotel-like freshman dorm, Clearview Hall. Too bad sleeping in the same room as your roommate is the only option. When I became a sophomore, I was upset with the rundown housing in Courtyard South/One. I will be moving to Courtyard North next semester and it is way better! I am not a big fan of the foods, but some days are better than others. The cafe is buffet style with a salad bar, pizza, hibachi, "main event", and desserts; they server different things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. CSU is overall a great school if you use RateMyProfessor to choose your classes wisely!
Overall I personally feel that Columbus State University is a school that functions well and supports its students. I would recommend this University to a lot of high school students that I know as well as any friends who are not in college yet or are looking to attend a new university. Columbus State University has a beautiful campus that has a lot of amenities open for students to use including two libraries and many technology areas that are funded by students tuition. Most of the professors come from accredited Universities , are here for the students, and have their office doors open whenever a student may need to talk or may have questions about the class.
I loved the overall atmosphere of CSU. Everyone is very friendly to each other and from very different backgrounds with very different opinions. I had so many conversations that never got heated, but respected everyone's opinions. I did not like the occasional moments that made me feel unsafe in my environment. I live on the Riverfront campus, so I cannot really say what it is like on main campus. Nighttime is the only time that you would really feel the need to have a friend with you, but there is a lot of police that are patrolling the area at all times.
Most staff is happy to assist in every way possible. Professors are likely to go above and beyond to help you succeed in not only their course, but others.
I like Columbus State University because they really give me a better chance and more help as I attend that college verses other colleges. I do plan on graduating from Columbus State University. I can only think of one way of improvement that I can come up with and that is to make a school closer so that I can go to class on campus.
I am a senior in high school. When I went to tour Columbus State University it felt like home to me. Columbus State is the best school in Georgia. I love the student recreation center. Columbus State has everything that a student athlete could ever ask for.
This is a school you go to, waste time figuring out what you want to to do, realize they don't have it, then transfer. You're welcome.
Start Your Review of Columbus State University
This school offers many different ways to achieve your degree. They are also military friendly. They have classes offered in the morning, evening, weekends, and online. This school has guidance counselors on our military base even so we don’t have to drive off post to get help.
Columbus State University has some very good professors that make attending there very productive. The campus is big, but it is not too big. The professors seem to care about you.
Columbus State University offers challenging graduate programs at a much lower cost than larger institutions. After completing two degrees at a large university, I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality that Columbus State offers. As a matter of fact, I am considering yet another degree from CSU as I have enjoyed my coursework so much.