Columbus State University Reviews

1,289 reviews
I have attended CSU off and on over the past 8 years. I have found several advisors and professors to be extremely helpful with advice and direction as I struggled on what to study and how to go about it. They have a great recreation center and while the parking is a bit stressful, the overall classrooms and buildings are kept in great shape and offer multipurpose uses.
I love this school. It's easy to make your own course schedules. Most professor will work with you if you have personal problems or need extra help. There are also great tutoring centers. There are many student events and some are even free to the public. There many ways to get involved with the community and it has a very diverse campus. There are also ample opportunities for study abroad.
I love Columbus State University! The first time I walked in there I felt welcomed. The teachers are great and overall school is fun. They always have events going on and often give away lots of free stuff. I would highly recommend going here.
Start Your Review of Columbus State University
CSU is a great school if you're not into the big college life but still want something out of the four years. They're not so big on parties meaning you can focus more on school. The student to teacher ratio is small so there's better one on one for the students to communicate with the professor. The campus is beautiful with events happening all the time. There's two campus meaning you can change your campus life from main to downtown depending on your major. It's just a great school for those who want that small town big school experience.
I am a Veteran attending college after 18 years of service. The college has many veteran based programs to help make the transition easy. The college does an outstanding job supporting the local military and military veterans attending the school.
The events that are on campus are lame and almost no one goes to them. The food you will get sick of after a month. They seem to make the same food everyday and there are no healthy options other than lettuce from the salad bar. The Clearview hall dorms cost WAAAY too much for what they are. The downtown dorms are much nicer and have kitchens in them AND are $50 cheaper. I have had good professors so far.
I have never had an issue with admissions and they have always been very kind and helpful. My advisor has been very accommodating and always responds when I email her with questions about a class. I have also had good experiences in all my classes. Obviously some are harder than others, but it is about what you put into it.
This school has a smooth to enter transfer program. Dorms are nice, and staff is helpful. I just wish they had more majors for 4 year degrees.
I'm transferring here from a small state college. It seems like a nice university. Great food, and great dorms. I'm a Sophomore and I have a dorm with my own bedroom and bathroom. There's a little market store, an Einstein Bros Bagel, and a Chick-fil-a on campus.
Professors are good. Teaching skills of professors and in class activities are appreciable. Events are well organized by the university. Emails regarding any events and submissions are quickly sent by the university. Also, Fee due dates are also sent via mail. All the deadlines are displayed in the cougar view.
I like Columbus State because it is convenient for me. Class sizes are small so its a lot easier to learn and stay in touch with your professors.
Columbus is a quaint school with good professors. There's always music playing in the afternoons along with free food being passed out. The library is huge with several places to chill and study. However, while Columbus is a pretty laid-back school, the clubs are lacking and there is no nightlife.
Most of the professors are super cool and love to help you with your grades! There are many campus events that involve everyone!
The campus is very safe. The parking monitors over do it a little. You don't feel out of place no matter your age!
CSU has been full of great opportunities that I have had the chance to take a part in and I've only been here a year so far! The campus only continues to grow and improve and all of the faculty and staff have been more than willing to help me get to where I need to be. Just like any school, as long as you stay on top of your work, it'll have some of the best times of your life! Can't wait for next year!
Columbus State University is a great school. They have an amazing music program that people from all over the world come to study and perform. They offer many study abroad opportunities, and it is relatively affordable compared to other universities.
My experience at Columbus State University was very good no complaints. I liked that Columbus State wasn't really that much of a party school it gave me a good opportunity to get what I came there for. Columbus State also have very good professors that don't mind helping if you ask. They have good food good personalities everywhere as well as lots of smiles.
Start Your Review of Columbus State University
The reason why I chose this school wasn't for the community of the school. It was simply because they have a great education major program in a medium size school setting. I have had some amazing professors and not so amazing professors so far but that comes with every school. There is a lot on campus for you to get involved in, and if you don't see a community that interests you, you can make one. Overall CSU wants you to feel apart of a community and that's the feel you get from it.
Columbus State is very accommodating and they provide many ways to get involved on campus. The campus is relatively small but provides an array of classes and programs to get involved in. The professors are great and do an excellent job of relaying the information to you. The food choices are great, in each building there is a quick and nutritious snack shop, not to mention there is a subway and a chick-fil-a in the main building on campus.
Columbus State University is a diverse campus with things to do for every individual. Athletics, clubs, and academics are extremely important at CSU; however, if I were to change one factor about campus, I would offer more parking for students and teachers because space is extremely limited due to the high enrollment of students and small campus space.