High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.89 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.93 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.92 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies198 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies72 Graduates
Early Childhood Education54 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities45 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science42 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.117 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.133 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.58 responses
Columbus State University Reviews
I enjoy being at CSU even though it is not my first pick. Shuttles that run every 20 minutes, so getting from main campus to downtown is not that hard. The problem is that sometimes drivers are late, they leave early, and some shuttles are too small to hold everyone. Security wise, there are emergency telephones around campus, and campus police drives around occasionally. I had a fantastic stay in the hotel-like freshman dorm, Clearview Hall. Too bad sleeping in the same room as your roommate is the only option. When I became a sophomore, I was upset with the rundown housing in Courtyard South/One. I will be moving to Courtyard North next semester and it is way better! I am not a big fan of the foods, but some days are better than others. The cafe is buffet style with a salad bar, pizza, hibachi, "main event", and desserts; they server different things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. CSU is overall a great school if you use RateMyProfessor to choose your classes wisely!
What I love about CSU is the environment. It is a fun place to be and many exciting events. Winterfest is one of my favorite events because I love the Christmas season and it is fun for all ages. This event has caroling by a children's choir, arts and crafts, and many different food vendors. I absolutely love it! If I could change anything about CSU, I would suggest lettings students be more aware of the opportunity to help out with the event. Other students that I spoke with, including myself, were unaware of the signups to participate in the event.
It's a really beautiful campus to live on. Since there is a campus downtown and in the center of Columbus, you get a large variety of things to do without having to drive yourself anywhere as well. So far, I have only had good professors who really want you to learn and not just lecture on and on. They're also big on allowing a life outside of school with friends and doing things at all the events they have. There normally isn't ever a time where there isn't something interesting or fun to do on either campus, you just have to look for it sometimes. Downtown has more things to do, but you also need a few bucks for most of it, but it can still be just as nice to just walk around with all of the different areas so close by. The arts is one of the coolest parts of the campus since there is always either a concert, theatre show, or art gallery that you can go see, too! Overall it's a great campus with the average amount of great people as any other place.