Columbus State Community College Reviews

1,382 reviews
I'm starting from this Janurary 2018 and I'm super super excited to be part of the college. I can't wait to start my path to become a doctor someday in Columbus State. It will give me just the right amount of push to pursue my dream job someday.
Columbus State is a great school with small class sizes, professors that care about their students, and a good sense of community.
A great college to start your education if you plan to transfer to a 4 year college, or if you plan to complete your associates. Offers evening classes and online courses for those who work during the day, or cannot commute to campus.
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
The food is amazing and the auto mechanic program seems pretty legit. I am enjoying learning about all the programs
I am a college credit plus student and have almost earned my associates degree in applied science. The school is highly adaptable to your needs are are very good at communicating with their students.
Columbus State is a college that is affordable and close to home. I am able to save money while living at home. The classrooms are small so I am able to get one on one time with a professor. I would like to see more of a variety of classes that you are able to take there change.
My classes feel like they did in high school, and it is harder to make friends with having classmates that live over an hour away from school.
I enjoy the smaller class sizes, it is conveniently located and everything is in a nice small campus. I wish that campus was a little more clean, sometimes the classrooms reek of something mildew-y and I would enjoy better food options. Otherwise everything is easy access and very diverse.
Before I start this is my 5th week in my first semester at college so I don't have much to reference. Nice campus, very affordable option to start out here and transfer later. Seem a little more focused on keeping you as a student to generate income and build up the college than get you into the workforce. Many resources available though.
This is school is one of the top colleges in central Ohio. The school is very small and low coast for students. Small class and amazing professors are the main reason to go there
I really enjoy my time at Columbus State Community College. Many of my professors are highly knowledgable in their teaching and are very helpful to all their students. They really do care about the success of the students.
I loved going to Columbus State. I got more hands on training than I would have at a traditional culinary school. It was an apprenticeship program so it took 3 years to complete and we had to log 6,000 hours of on the job training to graduate. I completed my program a quarter early and logged almost 10,000 hours of on the job training. I entered the workforce more than ready.
It's very easy-going. Nice and affordable. The teacher's I've had always have been great and kind! The place is very well-managed, rarely ever do you see trash floating about on the campus
I’d like to see more athletic teams such as football, soccer, etc. I’d also like to see more of a “campus life”. I feel like for the most part everything is great but those few things could change a lot.
I enjoyed going to college here. I believe it is cost effective and you can get the most for your buck. I try to learn new things about the campus always. The professor are helpful and the courses are amazing.
Columbus State has been the greatest experience I could imagine for my first year there. In the beginning, I found myself very confused on how the college process works. Student central, a very popular building located on campus, has made me more confident and comfortable than ever. The employees there make it easy to simply walk in, or call, and ask any question I need to know. They will explain from beginning to end what needs to be done. Neither of my parents have been to college, so it has been a little challenging doing this all on my own. The counselors at Columbus State are always there to help guide me in the right direction. I have worked very hard to get as far as I have, and I give thanks to Columbus State for that. There are plenty of educational opportunities, free tutoring, group studies, etc. Overall, I could go on and on about how outstanding the campus and academics are. I could not have picked a more perfect place to start off my college experience.
My experience with Columbus State has been great ! Professors spend quality time with you and the campus is really divers. Lots of great opportunities to prepare you for your next steps in your academic career .
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
Great school for the price. Love how easy it is to transfer to Ohio State and how well they match up the classes at CSCC to the classes at OSU for easy credit transfers.
Good school, very personable small classrooms. Comfortable environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great stepping stone to transfer to a 4 year college. They have been very flexible with my schedule with my working full time.