Columbus State Community College Reviews

1,444 reviews
Columbus State is an excellent and very affordable two year college. I was able to complete my degree almost all online giving me lots of flexibility with my school, work, and life schedule. The staff was always so helpful and friendly. I had a great experience with my time there, and I definitely would recommend them to anyone looking to pursue a degree.
Its a pretty good 2 year college for what its worth. You can make some good friendships if you involve yourself with campus life. Foods good, a lot of campus happenings.
The college is a friendly campus. The teachers do care, they take the time to get to know their students and work with their students if their are barriers that they face. The students are all kind and sweet and amazing people. That campus is very safe and is very good about keeping us updated if even a threat or attempt has been made, they also inform us of weather issues, canceling of classes and inservice days, as well as power outages, water pipes bursting or a fire. This school really has been the best choice of my life.
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
So far my experience with Columbus State Community College has been average. They have plenty of resources easily available to each student, although the experience may be hit or miss. I have talked to a guidance counselor that offered minimal assistance, but I have also talked to a counselor that took her time and answered all of my questions, and more, to set me up for success. I have had wonderful professors that are willing to spend extra time with students and answer questions happily and promptly, but I have also encountered professors with bad attitudes that very clearly do not care about the class they are teaching. A very clear path is paved for students planning on transferring to a university, even hosting counselors from partnering transfer schools. This makes it very easy to get the information you need for the future. Overall, I believe that Columbus State has the potential to be an amazing school if not for small consistency issues.
Class sizes are focused on students. They have multiple locations for convince of commuting. It’s easy for an adult learner as well as a student out of high school to navigate campuses and work at the same time. They have multiple course selections and times at each location.
Columbus State Community College is a diverse commuter college that appeals to many different cultures and career goals. Whether that be taking classes to transition to a four year university or college, or to obtain a certificate or license in a specific trade. At the heart of Columbus, it provides a comfortably diverse atmosphere for anyone who wishes to obtain an associates degree without spending a fortune. "Best bang for your buck", should be its slogan.
Columbus State community college is not a very large campus but there's plenty there for any student. Whether it's to learn or burn of steam, there's places to do it. The staff are wonderfully helpful. They will go out of their way to help you.
Overall my experience with CSCC has been well. The service is helpful when you need a question answered. One thing I would like to see change is that some classes don't count towards financial aid when they should.
Columbus state is far one of the best experiences i've had . Many of the profesors put in extra work to make sure you get the best education for yourself and to push you through it. Food is very diverse. Theres always something for everyones liking. The campus is always a home kind of feeling. If i could change one thing about columbus state i would say the parking could be extended for the amount of students they have.
I took classes there this past year, and some of their classes were engaging and fun to be in. I find that some of the adjunct professors aren't that great to have, and those classes have a lot of people drop because of that, so its not always a good investment for your money. However, if you want to get done with your basic classes, it's a great place to go because the classes are cheap and usually easy to pass.
I like Columbus State because the instructors are very helpful and can work individually with you, thanks to the smaller class sizes. I also like the affordability of it. All the classmates I have had are very nice and easy to get along with. Finally, I like how the school has several locations around the Columbus area.
I had a great experience. Completed LPN program 2016. Awesome program. Great teachers, very supportive.
Great learning environment, the staff and students are very nice. Everyone is always willing to help. The campus is very clean and in general is a very safe place to be.
Columbus State Community College has opened up my mind, and I am now a student and an employee here. I love the atmosphere. As the position I am in currently my job is to help those in need of basic needs, housing, food, scholarships, and many more things. I like how the staff get personally invested in their classes if you show them you are willing and ready to try to achieve the best grade you can. This college has been a huge part of success, because there are places you can talk to teachers about study hours or extra tutoring, even some teachers are willing to work if you have an unfortunate situation. I love this college and I would recommend it to anyone who is just starting out and has no clue what they wish to do or if they want to start over. Then Columbus State Community College is the place for them to start. Plus it offers pathway scholarship to bigger 4 year universities.
Attending Columbus State University was a pretty great Experience. The intuition was my first college choice and I never regretted it. Columbus State has help me basically further my education for free. The teachers are fair and help the students in different areas they need assistance with and offer plenty of resources to help as well. The campus is really live there is always an event going on so everyday is never the same. Advisors are really helpful as well and keep you on the right path of your goals.
I started at Columbus State Community College in 2017 and have had a wonderful experience. My teachers have been very knowledgeable, and the free printing is a life saver.
I loved columbus state. The instructors were great and really tried to help. They also offer tutoring to help out and for the price you really can't go wrong.
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
It was OK. The activities aren't much. Some of the instructors were good, others not so much. I think they have a wide enough variety of classes plus offer online classes which makes it easier/more convenient to complete classes
My 2 years at Columbus State was overall a great experience. I expanded my learning so much while saving a lot of money!
It is a great community college and a much more affordable alternative in comparison to going to any other university nearby.