Columbus State Community College Reviews

1,387 reviews
I like the instructors that I have had this fall semester and the campus has a great amount of diversity.
Columbus State has some of the kindest professors out there. The faculty work tirelessly with students to help them achieve the greatest scores possible. There are many night & on-line classes offered to fit classes into the schedule of an employed student.
I really enjoy my time at Columbus State, i can work in a small classroom setting and get the help i need directly from my teachers. The pricing of classes and books is also very reasonable compared to other colleges.
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
Columbus State is a really good stepping school from high school to a big university. The classes are small for college but big for high school. Classes are challenging but teachers are more personal so you can ask questions. Teachers take time and learn your name. Sort of hard to meet new people if you're really shy but once you open up to others making friends is easy. Not a typical college, no parties, no greek life, and campus is really small. Basically takes 5 minutes to walk everywhere.
Ive enjoyed my time so far at this school, Im looking forward to the Spring semester!
I have to say the staff at this school have been some of the nicest people ive met in columbus and i have to give a shout out to the Counselors because they do a good job and always have smiles on their faces.
I'm starting from this Janurary 2018 and I'm super super excited to be part of the college. I can't wait to start my path to become a doctor someday in Columbus State. It will give me just the right amount of push to pursue my dream job someday.
Columbus State is a great school with small class sizes, professors that care about their students, and a good sense of community.
A great college to start your education if you plan to transfer to a 4 year college, or if you plan to complete your associates. Offers evening classes and online courses for those who work during the day, or cannot commute to campus.
The food is amazing and the auto mechanic program seems pretty legit. I am enjoying learning about all the programs
I am a college credit plus student and have almost earned my associates degree in applied science. The school is highly adaptable to your needs are are very good at communicating with their students.
Columbus State is a college that is affordable and close to home. I am able to save money while living at home. The classrooms are small so I am able to get one on one time with a professor. I would like to see more of a variety of classes that you are able to take there change.
My classes feel like they did in high school, and it is harder to make friends with having classmates that live over an hour away from school.
I enjoy the smaller class sizes, it is conveniently located and everything is in a nice small campus. I wish that campus was a little more clean, sometimes the classrooms reek of something mildew-y and I would enjoy better food options. Otherwise everything is easy access and very diverse.
Before I start this is my 5th week in my first semester at college so I don't have much to reference. Nice campus, very affordable option to start out here and transfer later. Seem a little more focused on keeping you as a student to generate income and build up the college than get you into the workforce. Many resources available though.
This is school is one of the top colleges in central Ohio. The school is very small and low coast for students. Small class and amazing professors are the main reason to go there
I really enjoy my time at Columbus State Community College. Many of my professors are highly knowledgable in their teaching and are very helpful to all their students. They really do care about the success of the students.
I loved going to Columbus State. I got more hands on training than I would have at a traditional culinary school. It was an apprenticeship program so it took 3 years to complete and we had to log 6,000 hours of on the job training to graduate. I completed my program a quarter early and logged almost 10,000 hours of on the job training. I entered the workforce more than ready.
Start Your Review of Columbus State Community College
It's very easy-going. Nice and affordable. The teacher's I've had always have been great and kind! The place is very well-managed, rarely ever do you see trash floating about on the campus
I’d like to see more athletic teams such as football, soccer, etc. I’d also like to see more of a “campus life”. I feel like for the most part everything is great but those few things could change a lot.
I enjoyed going to college here. I believe it is cost effective and you can get the most for your buck. I try to learn new things about the campus always. The professor are helpful and the courses are amazing.