1,351 reviews
  1. Columbus, OH
  2. 2 Year

Columbus State Community College Reviews

1,351 reviews
Columbus State Community College is a great college when you are in the smaller college ,you learn more. The one on one contact with the teacher ,when needing help makes you realize they want you to achieve your goals and degree in life. A college that shows you the importance of a college degree and how it can improve your life , job skills and goals.
Columbus State is the best decision I've ever made. I took a few years off from school after graduating high school and when faced with the prospect of college, I found myself overwhelmed with what to do, where to go, and how to pay for it. Not only does CSCC offer the same classes as many of the other major universities in my State, but many of the same professors taught at both CSCC as well as OSU. I'm excited to finish up school and transfer to OSU in the coming years thanks to their transfer program.
I liked how the classes weren't huge. It made it so the professor could actually answer your questions, and be helpful to you. Also, it was nice because it was easier to meet other students and build friendships and study groups.
Since 2012 when I started back to school for Nursing degree, I have had to fight for financial Aide twice, and jump through hoops and hurdles to get financial Aide. Other than that I love the instructors, the one on one the instructor give each student. I love that the classes are small enough that you can ask questions and not feel as if you are wasting someone's time. The instructors go out of their way to make sure they give you all of the study material, and advantages to pass a class. I graduate in May 2018 with my Nursing degree and though the road has been tough, it feels good to know that you have a support group behind you every step of the way.
Being a students at columbus state can less challenge because you will get all kind of support need over there.
Columbus State is a good transition from high school because of the small class sizes and being able to get help from the teachers easier.
Columbus State Community college was a school that I really enjoyed and loved
Great Teachers
Great Environment
Great Food
Great everything.
I would like to see change in the investment side of the school considering there were friends of mine who got screwed from their money returning to them , but that's about it
This is my first year at Columbus state and so far I am loving it. All of my teachers are so supportive and helpful. the classes aren't too big which I really like because I feel like I have a one on one relationship with my teachers.
I'm doing dual enrollment for college credit in high school. This means that I have no experience with campus life.I'm glad that they offer the dual enrollment program, but the professors are not the best. My first professor was great and really cared about my education, the other two don't. One was really scatter-brained and they messed up on important information such as what chapters we were supposed to read and what questions were on the mid-term. It's difficult to understand how a lot of the course material could be applied to real life.
So far it's been pretty good. I am an incoming freshman and things are a little different. But I would like more student to teacher connection when learning in class.
I hated this school. Advisors tell you one thing and then someone else tells you another you are going in circles to find answers.
IM having a hard time getting my microbiuology credits to transfer from hocking
im not a huge online fan, I do enjoy the flexibility that it allows
the health care advisors are better than the general academic advisors
  • Value
love how involved, helpful and inspiring the instructors are
i love how helpful and engaging the staff is at CSCC. Any issue I have encountered is fixed/addressed within a few days. I transferred from Hocking College and everything was a struggle from registering classes to talking to teachers.
The technology to perform online is superb, they have a link in each course to have discussion boards with all of the faculty and students. Where you can post questions about assignments and get input from other students but the instructor also post, so that you don't get misled, he/she will redirect the questions with the correct answers.
The school helps with building a resume and placing you in a job. The internship aids in the decision of where and what facet you want to go into.
  • Value
There are a very large variety of courses offered with several learning centers that make it convenient no matter where you live. The class sizes are very workable, not overwhelming.
job/internship prospects. The degree choice was very smart on my end, because it is very value based and innovative choice.