Columbia University Reviews

1,140 reviews
I love Columbia's Campus. It has a college campus field, while being close to the city. Many things (shopping, restaurants, parks) are close and do not take too long to get to. I was on the Columbia University Women's Soccer team, and this 4 year experience was one of the best, if not the best, experiences of my life. The team chemistry was great. The faculty is also great. At first, the sciences were shaky due to the fact that this is a research university and those who perform research must teach; however, when I started to take classes focused on my major (Biomedical Engineering). I loved (almost) every class, and felt that that was the educational experience I deserved at Columbia.
I absolutely enjoy being a student at Columbia University. It has excellent faculty, inspiring peers, and a great reputation and alumni network. People here are extremely driven and just walking through campus has an electricity that inspires you.
From the several times I've visited and toured the school, Columbia students seem to be very intuitive and creative. Certain groups of students will tend to remain with one another, similar to high school. The campus is amazing: definitely a sight to see.
Start Your Review of Columbia University
Great homie atmosphere! Very inclusive, and a lot of school support and spirit going around. Abundance amount of resources!
A college where they value academics. However, it is definitely not a party school. The Econ department is one of the toughest.
My absolute dream school! Unfortunately it's everyone else's dream school as well. The SAT and GPA requirements are insane – higher than Stanford and Princeton, but I guess if you do the work and get in you get to hob-nob with the best.

I want to study Computer Science and work in the tech industry. Now that Amazon is going to be in NYC and Google is expanding there too, I feel like Columbia is on a path to be the next Stanford. Please please please let me in Columbia!!!
It's Columbia. In my opinion it's the best university in the nation from the perspective of academics, setting and opportunities.
Columbia University had excellent opportunities to take rigorous, interesting classes, participate in meaningful community service efforts, and take part in a very active culture of positive student extracurricular and social life.
Ivy League
Smart talent
In New York city
unparalleled opportunities
great network opportunities
best-in-class resources
Beautiful campus
Columbia University is a campus that provides each student with an environment that feels like home. The campus is in New York City, which allows students to have days filled with excitement and return to a campus that is welcoming and relaxing. The campus is small enough to easily be able to walk to all of your classes and to your dorm, which are extremely satisfying. Dorms range from singles to room mates. Most dorms allow for individual restrooms with no shared stalls and a shared kitchen and lobby per floor.
The University has an amazing campus. There are many academic and social activities and events all year round. The professors are accomplished, helpful and open to feedback.
I love the academic challenges the school has each student face. I love the location of the school on the Upper West Side since it’s a little bit more calm but you can still go downtown if you want more people/noise/activities. The dorms and housing options are amazing and all are relatively close to campus. I just wish there was more of a connection between the student body as a whole maybe at athletics or some event.
I visited it a couple of times. It seemed like a good school. It has a lot of majors. The administration seems great.
The diversity was great, the class sizes were perfect, the core - while time-consuming was beneficial and made for a well-rounded education, and the people I met were the very best part.
Everyone at the school truly cares for the students and their well being as well as their academic success. Great diversity of students where you can meet people from all over the world. Safety precautions they take at the school make me feel protected. Dorm life is amazing, where you feel like family with the students on your floor. All in all it is a wonderful school to be a part of and I find it an honor to be there!
love my teachers. students are smart. supportive environment. Great facilities. Great location. Many resources. Visiting professors are great
Columbia has a wide range of colleges on campus pertaining to science and law allowing a wide variety of academic choices and offers advanced programs for those willing to participate. The courses are challenging but are worth it for the experience.
Start Your Review of Columbia University
Columbia University is an excellent university. It has a demanding academic curriculum but it is focused on instilling students with its core values and exposing students to different subjects and their respective methods of thought.
Columbia University was my dream school and it has lived up to my expectations. The education is unparalleled and I have made lifelong friends. Also, the school has great resources and it is located in the best city in the world.
I love Columbia University! Not only are the faculty members and instructors an experts, but they do care about the students. They take time outside class to engage with students and help them go the extra mile. Another great element is the student body. It is well versatile and have students from all over the world.