Columbia University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.91 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.100 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.121 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.52 responses
Columbia University Reviews
I have had a wonderful time at Columbia University. The students here are extremely friendly and always willing to help each other out. I am particularly happy I chose this university because of our core curriculum. I have taken courses in philosophy, literature, and African history because of our core curriculum. I am convinced that I will leave this institution as a well-rounded individual. Lastly, this university has opened many doors for me as I have had the opportunity to network with top companies and learn skills that I know will benefit me in the workforce.
After one semester I would only give three stars for my graduate experience at the School of Professional Studies, within Applied Analytics program. Initially my early decision application was not reviewed until August, when the expected wait for decisions was in March. The school has very few opportunities for grants and scholarships, and few resources for financial aid advice. As a commuter student who mostly takes online classes, having to pay over $500 in campus fees per semester that I am unable to take advantage of is unreasonable. I feel the education I'm being provided does not make up for the extremely high tuition and fees.
Columbia is simply outstanding in every way. You can't beat the academics, the opportunities it provides, or the location!