- 4 Year
- NEW YORK, NY
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We know the college search process looks very different than you imagined. While we are not able to welcome visitors to campus at this time due to COVID-19, we invite you to explore Columbia and connect with current students through our virtual visit programming Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade A
- Professorsgrade A+
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A+
- Safetygrade B
This is a place unlike any other. Where a renowned Core Curriculum is fueled by an incredibly diverse community. 6,000 undergraduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries find a home on our residential campus in Morningside Heights: your corner of New York City. Undergraduates in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering can choose from nearly 100 areas of study and enhance their classroom conversations through research at 200+ research centers and institutes. Your Columbia education will be the foundation for a lifetime of learning, collaboration, and the unending pursuit of truth and understanding.
Columbia University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 91 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 99 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 99 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Economics311 Graduates
- Computer Science282 Graduates
- Political Science and Government237 Graduates
- Research and Experimental Psychology143 Graduates
- History123 Graduates
- English96 Graduates
- Social Sciences79 Graduates
- Engineering74 Graduates
- Philosophy73 Graduates
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology64 Graduates
- All of the above.30%
- Extremely bright and motivated28%
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 114 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 135 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 52 responses
Columbia University Reviews
As a Veteran who grew up in Minnesota, the weather was mild for me, but those from the South will find the winter challenging.
I found myself very absorbed by my studies at that time, and so did most of the other students. That can make it extremely easy to meet people in an intellectual sense but somewhat difficult to meet in a social sense. My advice is if you want to date, you should learn how to meet people at NYU.
Financial aid is difficult to obtain, but I was a Veteran, and the government paid my tuition, so that was not my struggle.