Columbia University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.91 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.87 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.87 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.102 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.52 responses
Columbia University Reviews
I visited Columbia at the end of March with a group and loved the vibe of the campus. Although I want to be as close as I can to or in the city, my ideal college campus needs look like a university setting. NYU, on the other hand, is right in the middle of the city and sometimes you can't tell where the buildings are without the NYU flags. I liked Columbia much better in that sense and I personally do not need to vouch for the education standard because we all know an ideal place to go for an intelligent, hard working student. Walking around the main area made me feel like I belonged there!
I have had a wonderful time at Columbia University. The students here are extremely friendly and always willing to help each other out. I am particularly happy I chose this university because of our core curriculum. I have taken courses in philosophy, literature, and African history because of our core curriculum. I am convinced that I will leave this institution as a well-rounded individual. Lastly, this university has opened many doors for me as I have had the opportunity to network with top companies and learn skills that I know will benefit me in the workforce.
After one semester I would only give three stars for my graduate experience at the School of Professional Studies, within Applied Analytics program. Initially my early decision application was not reviewed until August, when the expected wait for decisions was in March. The school has very few opportunities for grants and scholarships, and few resources for financial aid advice. As a commuter student who mostly takes online classes, having to pay over $500 in campus fees per semester that I am unable to take advantage of is unreasonable. I feel the education I'm being provided does not make up for the extremely high tuition and fees.