Columbia State Community College Reviews

I am using columbia state as a kickoff to transfer to a 4 year university and it has been a delight to attend.
This school is very helpful on gathering your credits and has a beautiful on going campus, especially in the Spring. They are always editing the campus to make it more peaceful, joyful, and make you feel like you belong. The classes are small, which I love, it gives you a more "hands on" approach with your professor. Instead of you emailing your teacher and waiting for 3 days to get feedback because the class is so big, you can just simply walk up to your professor after class and ask questions. Now don't get me wrong, not all the professor are great, but the ones that I had are awesome. However, I recommend going to ratemyprofessor.com this website helps you pick the professors that seem right to your liking. Even if they are rated with a 2.2. You as a student might like the challenge or even you don't and you steer clear from that certain class. Overall I really like this school and if it was a 4 year University I would definitely stay and continue my studies here.
Overall, Columbia State Community College is a great college to attend. They really focus on each individual student to proceed and succeed in each students academic career.
Start Your Review of Columbia State Community College
I love this school! The professors are nice and make you feel like they are actually there to teach you. The campus is fairly close to my home, so I get the same small town vibe but still get to experience college!
I liked the programs it offers. There are a variety of programs to choose from. One thing I would like to see change, is more locations as the campuses are quite far to get to depending on where you live. Also, we need more clubs and diversity here at the Franklin campus.
The williamson campus is really neat and clean. The area is nice and it looks like the upperclass. The professors are nice, depending on who you get.
I attended this college during my Senior year in high school. I enjoyed my two classes because they challenged me. Not only did the classes count for college credit, but they also satisfied my high school requirement for graduation. While doing the classes during high school, there is no tuition to take the class and you can start during your Junior year. This college is very good for non-traditional students and getting a jump start on college credits. You must be local though because there is no on campus housing.
Columbia State Community College has been an excellent choice for me returning to school. It has flexible class schedules and great professors. With the Tennessee Transfer Path option it is a great place to get back into the swing of things before moving on to a four year school.
Columbia State has offered me a grand experience to continue my education. I'm so excited that me and my friends who are attending the Fall Semester are ecstatic to start this new journey!
I'm going to start school there in the fall and study law enforcement and it's a beautiful campus and good teachers and just rent books then buying Books and two years. Learning law enforcement is different in high school and college because even different teachers but maybe learn the same things in high school but college is like the big ideal or learn more different things I didn't know and knowing more like homicide cases and wanting to start broader Patrol and the first woman in the family for being a police officer or working in FBI. My family kinda support me but aunts and uncle support me 100% to be different Career plus I watch criminal minds but I know it's not real but has many things to learn and real things in real cases and that's why I love learning and finding out cases even the cold cases to see what happen and new evidence and I'm a hard worker.
It's a nice small campus in a small town if you want to go to college but don't want a big university this is perfect
I have just enrolled into CSCC and everyone has been very friendly. Excited to start classes on January 17th!
Columbia State Community College is a fantastic college, they offer a variety of programs with great teachers. I had a wonderful experience at Columbia State, with a small campus it was easy to make it to one building to the other without the worry of being late to class. Columbia State has outstanding tutors who truly care about your education and will go out of there way to help you succeed in your academic goal. I would highly recommend Columbia State Community College to everyone and anyone.
Thankfully Columbia State offers several different classes that I find interesting. There are professors who are outstanding and know their topic better then anyone I have met, and I have had professors who knew just enough to get their students through their class. Class sizes vary depending on the time of day. Mornings are always full, being 35 plus students, and night classes are around fifteen students.
I am a full time student and a full time worker. I do work in retail so I can change my schedule at any time, but it is hard to keep the hours I need when I have to go to school several days a week. Three out of my four semesters I was able to have two days of classes on-campus. But, because of my hours working in retail I have needed to take a few online classes where my professors were not always in communication. But this semester I am blessed with an online class that is only half the semester and another that has a late start, making it easier as I prepare for the holiday season in retail.
I have had some great professors throughout my courses. Each of them with a new perspective about my major. The first two years of my education has been general courses, but they have been great!
About two times a month employers will set up tables throughout campus to try and recruit students. It gives students a chance to ask questions.
Start Your Review of Columbia State Community College
Although a lot of work, you really experience your major. I am an education major, and my teachers want me to shadow, plan future schools, and make lesson plans.
There are several free and fun things to do.
teachers i had were amazing