Columbia Southern University Reviews

I graduated from CSU in 2017 with a bachelor’s in business administration. CSU was one of the most affordable online schools. I qualified for a Pell grant through financial aid, which paid for almost my entire schooling every term. The instructors and staff were very helpful along the way. Classes that I had taken at a previous college were easily transferred to CSU. Classes at CSU are in 8 week terms. Weekly assignments typically consisted of a classroom discussion forum topic and a 2-5 page essay. If you’re thinking about attending CSU, you HAVE to be knowledgeable in essay writing. I had to write essays almost every week in every class. If you are a student who does not like to write or does not know APA style, CSU may not be for you. CSU is VERY essay heavy. Overall I would highly recommend CSU because it is a college that provides a great education at an even better price! Upon graduation, I was able to find a job position in the healthcare field.
Columbia Southern University has made an enormous impact on my ability to continue on with my formal education. I never imagined in a million years that I would have even made it this far. When I started college (many years ago fresh out of high school), I was a kid who had no idea the true value of a proper education.

Now, I am in a position that I want to continue on to my bachelor’s degree, after receiving my associates, and this school provides me with the ability to take courses on my time and accelerate my educational goals.
I love Columbia Southern. The professors are always there to help and are very easy to reach. Columbia Southern has a very diverse atmosphere and no matter the background. The staff truly care about their students and they want them to succeed in their personal lives.
Start Your Review of Columbia Southern University
Such a flexible school, albeit the college is for profit, it offers a very unique life-term program, where you do not have due dates, you simply have one final due date and 8 -16 units (depending on course level) to complete. The college allows extensions at low cost, they give extra academic days for major holidays, and the school utilizes Blackboard which is the easiest computer-bases system to use. Furthermore, the school gives free access to Proquest, the huge scientific/business article database that allows you to citate peer reviewed-academic sources. Phenomenal! My counter part graduated from the MBA program and landed a GS13 position with our headquarters with this educational background. CSU allows for realistic educational goals and sets graduates apart.
Overall the university has a great curriculum, I was able to reach out to my advisors. Customer service is superior . They are always willingly to go above and beyond to ensure any issue is taken care of. Cost is effective and less expensive than most colleges while being fully accredited.
I love the the interaction with the students, professors and staff online. It is great that you have only two online classes every eight weeks. I have been telling everyone abput Columbia Soutern University.
The experence for me here has been very good. All classes are moderatly laid back and easy. Teachers are wonderful at ther job and students are fun to interact with.
I absolutely loved going to Columbia Southern University. The professors always have lesson plans that are very educational but straight to the point. The administration at Columbia Southern University is always right there to help you but also help you never give up. I won't recommend any other college.
Columbia Southern has been good for me. I have been paying my graduate tuition as I go. They were most reasonable when I was searching for an online college to attend. Courses have been challenging. It was a little bit of a change when some courses went from text book to integrated learning material. I now like the integrated learning materials better than a text book for each course. The professors I have had so far have been both knowledgeable as well as helpful and always respond within 24 hours to questions. Usually sooner. Overall I'm very please with my studies.
Great school they always are there to help you when needed and great communication when you need help or have a question
I like coumbia Southern University because it meets my needs of being a mom, being affordable, and earning my degree with a great education.
Great education for the price. Professors want you to succeed. Student advisors are great and will help anyway they can.
I am a 23 year old woman who works 120 hours in a two week period at my local hospital. I had enrolled in a large university directly out of high school and was forced to drop out my second semester because I was paying for college on my own and couldn't find a cosigner for a loan. As a result of this, my transcript is on a financial hold and the majority of colleges refused to accept me without it. Columbia Southern University gave me another chance at a degree. I'm able to work full time to pay my bills while i study and submit my work at a pace of my choosing. Not to mention this is the most affordable online 4 year university I have come across. They charge 5,000 dollars for yearly tuition and text books are included! This is a realistic school for adult learners.
Going back to school after 14 years was scary, but everyone at CSU was very helpful and to this day still is. Staff is very knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to get things done. They make the process very easy for students.
Great school to attend but not if its your first year of college. I like the flexibility at this school but I wasn't a fan of the strict teachers. I came from a failing high school I had no idea how to complete an APA style paper. I did seek help and I still totally didn't get it. I just wish there was a policy not to be so hard on freshman. So many times I almost gave up on my dream of graduating from college because I couldn't complete a APA style paper.
I moved to occupational health and safety field without much knowledge. This school has helped me gain knowledge in various aspects of safety and health. The school staff are also very friendly and it is affordable. I would definitely recommend it to my peers.
I loved this school and really think it's the most affordable online degree program. Yes it requires a lot of writing and extensive research on most assignments but most of the instructors are lenient and understanding. They will work with you if you really want to achieve a good grade. In my opinion it's a great school to earn your degree and it's very doable with my busy full time job. Highly recommend!!
Start Your Review of Columbia Southern University
I went to Columbia Southern University for my Bachelors. The process was very good for me. I got to take courses at my pace and apply them to the field I was currently in. The access to other students was great because even though I was on line I still felt like I had people there who were going through what I was. It was hard at first to keep myself on track and do my assignments on time. I feel once I got used to the school/work balance I hit my stride and it went really smoothly. The teachers always got back to me with a question or issue. If I had a work problem and I was late or missing work they always gave me a chance to make it up or give me small extensions. People sometimes think that online is easier but I have to tell you that it is NOT. I alone was accountable and had to work twice as hard if I had a problem.
I have had nothing but good experiences with Columbia Southern University. The counslers and advisors are really helpful from the very first. I can not wait to continue my education at Columbia Southern University.
I knew Columbia Southern University was the school for me the day I applied. Every department within the college that I encountered has had amazing employees that have made me feel welcome, and very important. I have been at CSU for four years, and each year I would not have been able to complete without the assistance of the staff. The only thing I could imagine seeing changed is the once a year commencement. Many students end of graduating a little after the October commencement and must wait the next year to walk the stage as myself.