Columbia Southern University Reviews

Going back to school after 14 years was scary, but everyone at CSU was very helpful and to this day still is. Staff is very knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to get things done. They make the process very easy for students.
Great school to attend but not if its your first year of college. I like the flexibility at this school but I wasn't a fan of the strict teachers. I came from a failing high school I had no idea how to complete an APA style paper. I did seek help and I still totally didn't get it. I just wish there was a policy not to be so hard on freshman. So many times I almost gave up on my dream of graduating from college because I couldn't complete a APA style paper.
I moved to occupational health and safety field without much knowledge. This school has helped me gain knowledge in various aspects of safety and health. The school staff are also very friendly and it is affordable. I would definitely recommend it to my peers.
Review Columbia Southern University
I loved this school and really think it's the most affordable online degree program. Yes it requires a lot of writing and extensive research on most assignments but most of the instructors are lenient and understanding. They will work with you if you really want to achieve a good grade. In my opinion it's a great school to earn your degree and it's very doable with my busy full time job. Highly recommend!!
I went to Columbia Southern University for my Bachelors. The process was very good for me. I got to take courses at my pace and apply them to the field I was currently in. The access to other students was great because even though I was on line I still felt like I had people there who were going through what I was. It was hard at first to keep myself on track and do my assignments on time. I feel once I got used to the school/work balance I hit my stride and it went really smoothly. The teachers always got back to me with a question or issue. If I had a work problem and I was late or missing work they always gave me a chance to make it up or give me small extensions. People sometimes think that online is easier but I have to tell you that it is NOT. I alone was accountable and had to work twice as hard if I had a problem.
I have had nothing but good experiences with Columbia Southern University. The counslers and advisors are really helpful from the very first. I can not wait to continue my education at Columbia Southern University.
I knew Columbia Southern University was the school for me the day I applied. Every department within the college that I encountered has had amazing employees that have made me feel welcome, and very important. I have been at CSU for four years, and each year I would not have been able to complete without the assistance of the staff. The only thing I could imagine seeing changed is the once a year commencement. Many students end of graduating a little after the October commencement and must wait the next year to walk the stage as myself.
Columbia Southern has been the best online college I have ever attended. There is always someone there to answer your call if you have any questions. They have helped me through this crazy journey of mine and I'm finally two classes awayfrom my AA. I wouldn't have been able to get this far without their help and support.
Columbia Southern University is a great choice for adults returning to school. I like the flexibility in the schedule, the quality of classes, and their low price. The academics and relationship between teachers and students is open and constant. And the staff is helpful and answer their phones and emails very quickly.
Returning to college after twenty five years was hard. Everyone at CSU has helped me every step of the way. My professors, while understanding of this, have held me to an academic standard that has helped me become a better student.
I've been to other Universities, (both campus & online) this is the first that actually DOES NOT treat you as another "number" in their accounting books. You are a real person to them, and they are their to guide you every step of the way. I never feel like I'm actually taking online classes. This university is an entire team that CARES about their students' success and makes sure you have the support you need to reach your goals. This is not one of those "set it & forget it" type of deals. You are part of this university whether your across the nation or down the street. I imagine I sound like one of those infomercials, however I can only testify about my personal experience. So if you're looking for a true old fashion university that truly cares about their students but is up to speed in technology, this is it.
Columbia Southern University is completely online and has allowed me to take control of not only my educational studies, but my overall health. I was diagnosed last year with full blown pneumonia, and have had to put my career on hold while I recover from some long term effects. Having the ability to to obtain my degree without risking my health in a classroom setting has empowered my motivation!
Great school, easy to get work done. You only have 2 day out of the week to get work that you need to turn in to get a grade. The professors are hard to get at. there is not dooms , it is a online school.
Returning to school after a long lapse, Columbia Southern University (CSU) offered the online format that did not interfere with my daily schedule, as I completed assignments and tests at my own convenience by the due dates. My original advisor initially called me to confirm and review my educational goals. Other staff members were always available to assist me with any questions, or would take no longer than 24 hours to return emails. CSU's degree programs are aligned with the online requirements of even the top universities. This is a nationally accredited school, which follows U.S. DOE guidelines. I was able to complete my bachelor's degree within 2 years and am currently working towards my master's degree at CSU. The programs are rigorous and challenging, depending on a chosen major. Most professors at CSU genuinely care about their students and successes. While there is no brick-and-mortar school campus, the school has an administrative building in Orange Beach, AL.
I am in my third year & I love this school. The classes are affordable, support staff are caring, professors are awesome. Highly recommended.
Easy to connect to the portal, and professors are awesone. Everything can be done online or by calling. Blackboard is easy and every class has books included in tuition or online.
Overall good college! Columbia Southern University is a good college for working adults like myself.
Review Columbia Southern University
This school gives a very good return on investment for the cost of tuition and books. The classes are demanding and APA is the preferred style of writing. I chose this school because of the costs and it was mentioned by the SHRM for its Human Resource classes. The professors are major industry leaders and this contributes to the discussion. I did not want to spend extra money for a GRE, or books, so this school satisfied my needs. I had to use tutors to ensure my writing was up to par, but that was a small hiccup for me.
I have been with Columbia Southern University since 2013. I recieved an Associates Degree in general studies and now I am working toward a BSBA. The professors have been very helpful and the classes have been challenging. The college is great for working adults that are looking for a flexible school that works with any schedule.
Half of my credits from my first masters transferred over to my second.