1. Columbia, SC
  2. 4 Year

Columbia International University Reviews

I loved this university. It's so Christ focussed but it also has great education. The professors really care for you Ben outside of the classroom and your school work.
Colombia International University has provided a positive outlook on what people following Christ should look like. The teachers and students show true joy in Christ and discuss Christ daily. CIU prays together daily and comes together every month to have prayer day which helps students grow in Christ. CIU is a great school for Bible believing Christians.
I'm not big into sports so I'm not the best person to ask.
I am having a blast but a bit stressed out about financial help.
After only one year at this school, I was adequately taught and matured. The atmosphere at this campus is welcoming for the most part.
CIU is a very safe and healthy school to attend for anybody.
The courses are fun and very interesting, and the professors are phenomenal and caring.
Prospects for jobs and internships are excellent. Alumni are all over the world, yet very related.
  • College Student
  • 12 months ago
  • Value
As far as community dorms go, I have yet to see a school with better and more customizable dorm rooms.
  • College Student
  • 12 months ago
  • Housing
I was hesitant to say that CIU's athletics are the worst, but it's true. There is little to no support. Fewer fans of either team attend the basketball games than the number of students for the away team in high school. They need to make sports a bigger deal, and the facilities are pathetic for students and athletes alike.
Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a bubble, but in general CIU is a great school with wonderful people.
We haven't really had to make use of many of our security measures, but we have been assured that they are all in place, and I feel very safe whenever I am on campus. This school does a lot to make sure that we are all safe and healthy while we spend our time here, and I generally never worry about it.
I feel like I'm learning lots already, even though I am still only a Freshman and in a few general education classes. The professors are generally very kind and quick to say they are there to help and want you to succeed. There are lots of different classes, although most of them are Bible or Missions oriented, and I feel like I can take pretty much anything I want. I like how most of the class sizes are pretty small; it is reassuring that you are a lot less likely to get lost in the crowd.
I'm not really sure about internships, as I haven't been through that process yet, but my school does have a JobBoard and lots of on-campus jobs; they really want students to be able to put themselves through school if they have to.
  • College Freshman
  • Jan 20 2016
  • Value
Living on campus provides you with even more of a sense of community; there are plenty of activities to take part in, and whenever anyone has free time, they're always spending it together, whether on or off campus. Plus, the proximity to classrooms is fabulous.
There is a wonderful program for student athletes; they have great opportunities and teachers are usually understanding about their various travelling schedules. All other students are actively encouraged to attend games and support our athletes, and everyone rejoices with the teams when they win.
One of my favorite things about my school is the way that it truly is one big happy family. For the most part, there isn't too much drama or pressure to be a certain way, and almost everyone is kind, friendly, and you can always be sure you'll make friends no matter what you're taking part in.
I love the school. The teachers and faculty are personable and truly care about you and and their field of study. They are experts in their fields with many years of experience. The community community of students is fantastic and warm.
Athletics are new to Columbia International University, so they are still growing.
Security is always around campus