Columbia College Chicago Reviews

2,469 reviews
Columbia is a great film school that really focuses on bringing the professional workplace to you. There are tons of opportunities to get internships, and work on projects at school with a workflow that mimics the industry standard.
Columbia was the best 4 years of my life. The entire campus is so inclusive and welcoming. My education there was worth every penny. I truly would not be as well rounded as I am today without my education at Columbia.
Columbia is a great place to LEARN. All of your professors are those who are working in your perspective field, today. They are living what they love, and what you love. The community is absolutely amazing, everyone encourages each other and wants to collaborate.
I would like to see change within the music department. There is not much of a high standard in ensemble groups. It not fair to those who get unwillingly placed in some groups, because of the tier system, and have to play in a group with other students who don't know what they're doing. Columbia lumps everyone together, sometimes, for the sake of being "nice".
Student Financial Aid office is super inconsistent. They have a phone line with very inexperienced SFA workers. Cherish the ones that are understandable, and empathetic, because they are rare.
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
All the classes look really fascinating and the school is dedicated to creating an open diverse and creative environment. They really emphasize, and offer may opportunities for, hands-on experience.
My overall experience was great! I moved from another state and stayed on campus my freshman year. Settling into the city life style was not hard. Columbia College allowed me to take course that surround my major. It is hands down the best performing arts college.
All of the professors are still active in their fields and would make no hesitation with helping you advance in your field of choice.
I've had my ups and downs with the college. But overall I think I have learned so much as a person and with my major. I learned which one I really loved and how and why I do things in writing. I have grown and realized what will professionals look for and what should I do. Overall I say it is worth it.
I am only a junior but I have heard awesome things about the school. I really hope to go there once I graduate from high school next year.
Columbia is a great college to attend with it's colorfully painted walls and random events that pop up almost a few times a week. They offer large opportunities for their students while also providing everything they need in multiple rooms such as Game Room, Tech Labs, Craft Stations and so much more! I definitely recommend anyone to consider attending Columbia College Chicago.
I think Columbia College Chicago is a great school for a diverse amount of reasons. It gives you hands-on opportunity to be in the field you would like to be in. As soon as class starts you are learning about how the square root of pi is in all different video games. Your basic learning of math and English will be intertwined with your major, this helps you understand what is going on and makes the class a lot more fun.
Great arts school in a great city! Very diverse student body, talented instructors, plentiful resources in an urban setting with unlimited potential!
Living and going to school in downtown Chicago was a great experience coming out of high school. I felt like Columbia did a great job of preparing me for working in film and tv production during and after graduation. You get a ton of hands on experience and the teachers have worked in the real world, and they bring that knowledge to their students.
The admissions reps have been VERY proactive in getting in touch with me and motivated me to apply. CCC wasn't even on my list ad I had never heard about it, but they were quick to reach out to me. They even offered me an application waiver just because I was interested. :) It's quickly become my dream school.
Columbia was close to home and the teachers were awesome and always there to help if you ever needed it
My experience so far in Columbia has been great, I have enjoyed every single course I have taken so far, I like the campus and its professors and friendly staff. When I put what I learn into practice, it is evident that the school is preparing me for my professional career.
Columbia College Chicago has given me and many others multiple opportunities to expand our creative minds as well as getting our foot in the door for our respective fields.
I liked the student events. They where very well organized and they have much trust in their students
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
Columbia's motto is Live what you love and if you put in the work and take the opportunities presented that is exactly what you will do!
The location of the school is phenomenal, and it begets many opportunities for really whatever you're interested in. The student body is interesting and imaginative, it is an art school after all. Academics are definitely not rigorous but many of the classes are fascinating or useful or at least fun, it is important to get good professors though. Some required courses are just terribly set up (looking at you, Theatre Foundation I), but they are a small part of a much better, larger whole.
Everyone is very welcoming! The biggest thing I noticed was that everyone was very collaborative even between majors. I loved the vibe that you got just being in the building. Biggest downside was that it is not an inexpensive school by any means and, in my experience, the financial aid is not very helpful.