Columbia College Chicago Reviews

2,481 reviews
Great place to make connections with people. PRofessors are professionals who have first hand experience in the field. Great resources and equipment available for all majors.
When I went to the Open House I really enjoyed going around the campus and talking to the professors. I really enjoyed the tour of the dorms. I also went around the classes and really enjoyed my visit. All the staff there was really nice.
My experience at Columbia has been pretty good. I'm a senior now and I can't wait to finally graduate. The stuff is helpful and friendly. The campus needs some work. Some classrooms are old and the air does not work. The teachers are helpful.
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
My name is Miky khan. Basically I belong to Pakistan,I born in America, I'm interesting in computer science. My hobby are playing football and working in computer.One day I search college name in Internet which one is best college. Suddenly I selected Columbia College Chicago. I like very much.
I'm belonging to a poor family.I have no money. Please help...
I feel welcome and accepted in Columbia's environment. There's a huge variety of students that make me feel more comfortable being around and being myself with. My teachers and advisers really put care into what they do and their students. I can easily flourish as I learn loving what I do.
I like Columbia College, because the teachers themselves are experienced and help their students to succeed in the best way possible, but their materials are also accessible in the tools I need to do the jobs I love.
Columbia is a great school those who value diversity and art. There are people from very different backgrounds all over and the campus is right down town so the feeling of being locked in a "college bubble" is absent.
Columbia is an amazing school for art students. The teachers are well trained in the courses they teach. You will be very hands-on!!
I am currently a freshman at Colombia College Chicago, and have only been here a short few weeks. Despite my lack of time, I can say the school definitely knows what its doing. These buildings are full of passion and artistic expression. Also, the cafeteria food is actually amazing and the dorms ar like actually apartments. Chicago can be a dangerous city, but security campus does its best to keep you safe.
I am a transfer student from The Illinois Intuitive Of Art Chicago. Columbia have a lot of opportunies for students to grow and achieve in their major.
I received an excellent education, in regards to both my practice and academics. I was able to take a wide variety of electives that enriched my art/performance, in addition to challenging my mind. I worked closely with a department head in my senior year to produce research.
Columbia has such a friendly environment! They are always there to assist you in anything you are having trouble with and are very hands on. They provide great classes for students looking to focus on performing arts majors !
Columbia let’s pretty much anybody and everybody into the school, so there is a high number of undedicated and downright ignorant people who attend.
Columbia is a great film school that really focuses on bringing the professional workplace to you. There are tons of opportunities to get internships, and work on projects at school with a workflow that mimics the industry standard.
Columbia was the best 4 years of my life. The entire campus is so inclusive and welcoming. My education there was worth every penny. I truly would not be as well rounded as I am today without my education at Columbia.
Columbia is a great place to LEARN. All of your professors are those who are working in your perspective field, today. They are living what they love, and what you love. The community is absolutely amazing, everyone encourages each other and wants to collaborate.
I would like to see change within the music department. There is not much of a high standard in ensemble groups. It not fair to those who get unwillingly placed in some groups, because of the tier system, and have to play in a group with other students who don't know what they're doing. Columbia lumps everyone together, sometimes, for the sake of being "nice".
Student Financial Aid office is super inconsistent. They have a phone line with very inexperienced SFA workers. Cherish the ones that are understandable, and empathetic, because they are rare.
All the classes look really fascinating and the school is dedicated to creating an open diverse and creative environment. They really emphasize, and offer may opportunities for, hands-on experience.
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
My overall experience was great! I moved from another state and stayed on campus my freshman year. Settling into the city life style was not hard. Columbia College allowed me to take course that surround my major. It is hands down the best performing arts college.
All of the professors are still active in their fields and would make no hesitation with helping you advance in your field of choice.
I've had my ups and downs with the college. But overall I think I have learned so much as a person and with my major. I learned which one I really loved and how and why I do things in writing. I have grown and realized what will professionals look for and what should I do. Overall I say it is worth it.