Columbia College Chicago Reviews

2,473 reviews
I am currently a freshman at Colombia College Chicago, and have only been here a short few weeks. Despite my lack of time, I can say the school definitely knows what its doing. These buildings are full of passion and artistic expression. Also, the cafeteria food is actually amazing and the dorms ar like actually apartments. Chicago can be a dangerous city, but security campus does its best to keep you safe.
I am a transfer student from The Illinois Intuitive Of Art Chicago. Columbia have a lot of opportunies for students to grow and achieve in their major.
I received an excellent education, in regards to both my practice and academics. I was able to take a wide variety of electives that enriched my art/performance, in addition to challenging my mind. I worked closely with a department head in my senior year to produce research.
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
Columbia has such a friendly environment! They are always there to assist you in anything you are having trouble with and are very hands on. They provide great classes for students looking to focus on performing arts majors !
Columbia let’s pretty much anybody and everybody into the school, so there is a high number of undedicated and downright ignorant people who attend.
Columbia is a great film school that really focuses on bringing the professional workplace to you. There are tons of opportunities to get internships, and work on projects at school with a workflow that mimics the industry standard.
Columbia was the best 4 years of my life. The entire campus is so inclusive and welcoming. My education there was worth every penny. I truly would not be as well rounded as I am today without my education at Columbia.
Columbia is a great place to LEARN. All of your professors are those who are working in your perspective field, today. They are living what they love, and what you love. The community is absolutely amazing, everyone encourages each other and wants to collaborate.
I would like to see change within the music department. There is not much of a high standard in ensemble groups. It not fair to those who get unwillingly placed in some groups, because of the tier system, and have to play in a group with other students who don't know what they're doing. Columbia lumps everyone together, sometimes, for the sake of being "nice".
Student Financial Aid office is super inconsistent. They have a phone line with very inexperienced SFA workers. Cherish the ones that are understandable, and empathetic, because they are rare.
All the classes look really fascinating and the school is dedicated to creating an open diverse and creative environment. They really emphasize, and offer may opportunities for, hands-on experience.
My overall experience was great! I moved from another state and stayed on campus my freshman year. Settling into the city life style was not hard. Columbia College allowed me to take course that surround my major. It is hands down the best performing arts college.
All of the professors are still active in their fields and would make no hesitation with helping you advance in your field of choice.
I've had my ups and downs with the college. But overall I think I have learned so much as a person and with my major. I learned which one I really loved and how and why I do things in writing. I have grown and realized what will professionals look for and what should I do. Overall I say it is worth it.
Columbia is a great college to attend with it's colorfully painted walls and random events that pop up almost a few times a week. They offer large opportunities for their students while also providing everything they need in multiple rooms such as Game Room, Tech Labs, Craft Stations and so much more! I definitely recommend anyone to consider attending Columbia College Chicago.
I think Columbia College Chicago is a great school for a diverse amount of reasons. It gives you hands-on opportunity to be in the field you would like to be in. As soon as class starts you are learning about how the square root of pi is in all different video games. Your basic learning of math and English will be intertwined with your major, this helps you understand what is going on and makes the class a lot more fun.
Great arts school in a great city! Very diverse student body, talented instructors, plentiful resources in an urban setting with unlimited potential!
Living and going to school in downtown Chicago was a great experience coming out of high school. I felt like Columbia did a great job of preparing me for working in film and tv production during and after graduation. You get a ton of hands on experience and the teachers have worked in the real world, and they bring that knowledge to their students.
The admissions reps have been VERY proactive in getting in touch with me and motivated me to apply. CCC wasn't even on my list ad I had never heard about it, but they were quick to reach out to me. They even offered me an application waiver just because I was interested. :) It's quickly become my dream school.
Start Your Review of Columbia College Chicago
Columbia was close to home and the teachers were awesome and always there to help if you ever needed it
My experience so far in Columbia has been great, I have enjoyed every single course I have taken so far, I like the campus and its professors and friendly staff. When I put what I learn into practice, it is evident that the school is preparing me for my professional career.
Columbia College Chicago has given me and many others multiple opportunities to expand our creative minds as well as getting our foot in the door for our respective fields.