Columbia College - Missouri Reviews

Signed up for a summer math class to bridge the gap between two semesters at MU. First off, the quality of the class was a joke. We were told to print off notes before class and they were scribbles from the teacher. On several occasions the instructor would mess up something and confuse most of the students and if you didn't know something that was being taught and the teacher would say to youtube it on your own time. I tried to drop the class but it was too late, so I got stuck with paying for it. Seems like the cost is similar to MU, don't waste your time here.
I attend the evening 8 week courses at Columbia College. The teachers are very knowledgeable in their field and love to share their personal experiences. I have taken classes both online and in seat class. I find that Columbia College's website is very user friendly. Although this is so, I prefer to go to the in seat classes. What I would like to see with the in seat classes are more classes available more often. For example throughout the whole year ACCT 280, Accounting 1 class is only in the early fall session. This goes for many of their classes. This makes it harder to plan out and schedule classes to finish a degree in a decent time frame.
I think it is a great college. I am getting my degree online with them, and they make it so easy and are so understanding and flexible. The advisors are always there when you need them and give you the best information possible.
Start Your Review of Columbia College - Missouri
It is ok. I think for online students, they should not have to be watchted while taking midterms and finals. I think for online students, it is hard to retain materials learned and they need open book tests.
Professors really care for their students, going above and beyond their normal duties to make sure their students are well taken care or. The Nursing advisers are fantastic and are very knowledgeable about what your next steps need to be to get your degree.
Columbia College, made me want to excel even more with my schooling. I have greatly enjoyed everyone that I have worked with from my advisor to the financial aid officer's. When calling the tech support, they are quick to provide you the support you need with having to call back.
Columbia College has steadily improved their facilities and faculty over the past several years. It is a small campus (with around 2,000 day students) so students get to know faculty well. I primarily study in the science building as a biology major. The building is only a few years old and has pristine equipment and labs. Highly recommend looking into CC if you're a science major. I have had some issues with financial aid but been able to work it out thanks to competent faculty. Overall, I really have enjoyed my time on campus. Beautiful facilities, great faculty. Food, however, is sub par at best. If you enjoy small campuses with a quality education this is your place. Plus it's located in downtown Columbia, MO. A great town with lots to do and good atmosphere.
As I toured the school I really liked the campus size and the class sizes. Professors are nice and so are the students. The staff are also very helpful to anyone in need.
My experience with this college has been awesome. The professor are great and help you get to where you need to be to help with the degree you are seeking.
My experience with Columbia College of Missouri was a remarkable one. My classes were well taught and the professors were prepared. If I needed help, I could go to a tutor which they offered for each subject and of course the professors. In each class I learned responsibility. I continued to manage the time I had wisely in order to have a successful grade.
I so far, have had an amazing experience at Coumbia College. The students and staff are friendly and always flash a smile when you look their direction. In all, Columbia college puts off a friendly, scholar environment. The only thing I would like to see change at Columbia College are the low variety of sports. I think it would make a difference if we had cheer, dance, gymnastics, football, etc. We do have a lot of sports, but I think some other could be added.
I love the smaller campus. Everyone knows each other from the director down to the students. The small class sizes makes for a great learning experience and the teachers real care about helping the students succeed.
My experience at Columbia college has been absolutely wonderful. I am a mother of 3 young children and Columbia college has helped me on every step of furthering my education.
I love the fact that Columbia College is Military friendly. They understand that people in the military have very hectic schedules and sometimes we can not always turn in assignments on time or attend every class. They work with us and allow us to turn in assignment late and make up quizzes. There have been times I have had to drop out of class the first week because I was sent temporary duty to another base and they worked with me, no questions asked and enrolled me in another semester. Another quality I love about Columbia College is that they have campuses all over the states, When I leave Washington I do not have to worry about transferring because there are campuses in California.
I have had a great experience at Columbia College. The transition on returning to school was better than I expected. I have not taken any breaks since I started in October 2015 and I'll be finished this summer. What I would like to see change is the classes that needed or required offered more often.
I love this university. It has the feel of a big school but you don't stress about who to ask for help. The professors are very generous with their time and want you to understand the concept. To anyone who is considering Mizzou, it really is a great university. To me, I was somewhat skeptical if I wanted to go here, but I am so glad I decided to- best of luck to all of you. God bless!
I love Columbia College because the staff makes sure that every student has the tools they need to succeed! It’s a small campus so it gives the teachers an opportunity to get to know every student attending their classes.
Start Your Review of Columbia College - Missouri
It's a really good school it's just very small. The location is great because it's right by downtown Columbia which is a great place to go out any night of the week. The academics are great and the teachers here really care about their students because the class sizes are so small.
I love how helpful everyone is. If I ever have a question I am always pointed in the right direction. They send out emails about scholarship opportunities all the time. What I would like to see more are online textbooks for those who have online classes. I travel and carrying around two large books all of the time tends to become annoying.
I’m on my second semester working towards an A.A in CJ. I transferred 30 credits from a community college and the entire process has been very smooth. Excellent online course system. Professors are professional and most of the other students are. Financial aid process was slightly annoying, but I’ve come to learn that’s most colleges. Should have my A.A by early 2019 and I’ll be strongly considering getting a Bachelors of Arts in CJ from Columbia College.