Columbia College - South Carolina Reviews

This is a college that offers a hands-on, personalized, small classroom environment. As a graduate of this college, I am proud to say I attend a college where I had positive, personal relationships with my professors and faculty, who made my academic experience outstanding. This college fosters a confident and independent woman who is driven in many aspects of life. The all women atmosphere cultivates a woman's voice and self confidence to speak up and propose new ideas and conversations. As a prior athlete at this institution, I believe that this school taught the importance of student first then athlete. This was important to me as although athletics and competing were important to, my academics were always first priority and never suffered due to missed classes or lack of time. I overall think this institution is one of the best small colleges for a woman who is looking to compete athletically at a higher level, while also obtaining an outstanding academic achievement.
I am transferring! It is a school that is extremely fake, puts on a facade that the school is accepting (blackface) respectful (doesn't listen to our qualms) safe (bad neighborhood) great academics (could be better) involved in the community (not once had outreach) and beautiful campus (every building is a dump). This place is a girl's camp not college! DON'T GO HERE
A lot us currently changing (2017), and not necessarily for the better. The campus has a lot of hostility lately, unsure of why. You can tell that program directors are really trying, but a lot of programs have been cut and professors are being told to leave. Nothing here is concrete. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the college shuts down within 5 years. They're really struggling. If you're looking to transfer in two years and aren't worried about socializing, this is the school for you!
Review Columbia College - South Carolina
My opinion may be biased because I was seeking a small, liberal arts women's college, and that is what Columbia College is. You get the pros and cons of a small college experience: small class sizes, more one-on with professors, family feel on campus because you know or recognize most of everyone, con is that there is not much of a party scene ON campus, but downtown Columbia is minutes away. It is affiliated with the Methodist Church so attending church is mandatory and the frequency you must attend depends on what year you are. Dry campus, and room checks a few times a year are done by the RA. No overnight guests of the opposite sex but if you are a senior with good grades you can stay in the cottages and there is more leniency.
The overall academic and cultural experience is phenomenal. I've gained more knowledge from Columbia College than I believe could be learned anywhere else.
I like it here! The professors are pretty cool. There are students, upperclassmen, that are definitely happy to help you understand. There are a lot of international students, so there's a lot of diversity on campus. The academic scene was good until the school needed to be upgraded, which means there won't be any Spanish or French majors. I'm kinda hoping they don't take music for my friend's sake. The area the college is in is a little sketchy, a bit of an understatement. There were at least 3 emails about guys running from police or something, but the Columbia College Police Department keeps us safe. As for the party scene, you're gonna have to go to University of South Carolina or Five Points. Bring a friend if you're going to Five Points, though. It's not notorious for danger; it's just safer that way, and it was recommended by the people who actually live here. Overall, I'm looking forward to what the next 2.5 years will bring here.
I am very impressed with the this college. My experience here is gratifying and enjoyable. The teachers and staff members are friendly and very helpful. Great college!!
I'm not really interested in them that much but I definitely like being involved as much as possible in the college.
Learning wise I guess it's okay but there isn't one thing they haven't managed to mess up since I applied, registered and paid my fees for this coming fall semester.
Class sizes ratio are about 21-1
The credibility you get from getting a degree from this scho almost guarantees you a job.
We have a police station on campus. We're safe at all times. Along with how nice the police and genuinely care about your safety.
My first year in housing as an out of state student, I felt very welcome and it was convenient how close I am to my classes.
We are just now trying to get Greek life on campus.
I play sports at the school. However, most people around the school are there for only academic reasons. But the athletics are great with good facilities.
The college is very strict when it comes to academics. However, the school has multiple resources so you will be able to succeed even at their highest levels of education that they offer. Good school over all. Much more challenging than an average college.
Have no knowledge yet of their sports. It's not my thing.
Review Columbia College - South Carolina
Barely even have been on campus yet. Classes start at the end of the month. So far I am impressed with how aesthetically pleasing the school is, and I love all the tradition.
IF YOU'RE NOT LIBERAL, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF... BECAUSE YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE JUDGED FOR IT. BUT THAT'S ABOUT THE ONLY THING YOU'LL BE JUDGED FOR.
NO PEER PRESSURE. SOMETIMES THE DORM STAIRWAY IN MIRSE SMELLS LIKE POT.