1. Columbia, MO
  2. 4 Year

Columbia College - Missouri Reviews

I attend Columbia College - Jefferson City and online. I wish the Jefferson City campus would offer more classes each session rather than having to wait a full session or two to get the class you want in seat. I do think that the instructors are great, minus a couple.
Love that they had a satellite campus in Los Alamitos. Helped me take campus and online classes. Great environment online and on campus.
Not only is everyone helpful, but I feel at ease knowing that payments, scheduling, and even getting a response in a timely manner is not an issue. My focus is on school and the advisors are truly there to help! Best online school I have ever got too!
My experience with Columbia College has been a good one. I did all my classes online and everything went very smoothly and any question I had was answered by my advisor quickly. I would highly recommend Columbia College yo anyone looking to further their education.
I'd like to see more in seat classes on the Mesquite, TX campus. For online courses, there needs to be no more than 3 required posts on a discussion board (an initial post and 2 responses); anything more is excessive and repetitive.
It's a good school academically but the class choices are limited and too many students on financial aid that don't really care about learning can be distracting.
My experience with Columbia College so far has been amazing. I attend classes online and the classes are challenging and engaging. The instructors and support staff are impeccable and make sure that students have everything they need to be successful.
Columbia College is a very great college, I was introduced to online school by Columbia and I was definitely nervous. After attending a semester I would definitely recommend online school at Columbia College to anybody, it has been very rewarding and easy to learn.
Everyone from the students to the faculty and staff at Columbia College is so friendly! I find every class worth attending and the content stimulating, and there are several school-sanctioned events every month in which students are invited to participate. As a small, Liberal-Arts college, Columbia College seems to be one of the lesser-known presences in Columbia, Missouri, but there is an undeniable presence of the students in the community. Also, every one of the professors has a vested interest in the students' successes, which I find quite reassuring as I pursue my degree here.
I am taking online classes. Columbia College is very affordable compared to the other colleges I looked at. The classes are very engaging, the students are from all over the world. I think the school is first-rate.
Everything seems great, but since I am a non-traditional student, I have a job already and I am learning my degree online.
  • College Junior
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
It's great at this school, but the online course doesn't take your non-traditional students that have full time jobs (some require more than 40hrs a week) into its curriculum. Sometimes there is not enough time in a week to write 2 posts, 2 essays by the third day and additonal work by the weekend and also work on the research paper, case studies, etc.
As an online student i love the student: teacher ratio and the attention and availability that all of my instructors have offered. they give their personal cell phone numbers so that you can contact them if need be. I really like that since it indicates that they have genuine concern for my success.
As a member of a Greek letter Honor Society I am limited in the campus experience because I am an online student. I can speak on the online presence and the participation in community functions for online students. I am able to be a part of Greek life with my school and I feel that I am a part of something special that actively makes a difference in the lives of others.
Because I am an online student I am unable to participate directly with varsity athletics, however, there is a very strong online presence that keeps us up-to-date on all of the goings with the teams sports.
After having my first year solidly under my belt I can honestly say that overall my experience with Columbia College is one where I feel that academic excellence is attainable. Returning to academia as an adult can be intimidating but this college is perfect for adult learners and all seeking a relaxed and user friendly approach to learning.
There tends to be a tremendous variety in courses offered. The professors are generally helpful. Some do tend to go above and beyond to induce learning.
The career prospects are pretty average. The college offers many resources that allow students to prosper including career counseling and internship/job networks.
  • College Sophomore
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
It is average. Nothing that goes above and beyond, but nothing that needs significant improvement.
I am not very familiar with the athletic section of my school.