Columbia Basin College Reviews

I have enjoyed this school! Teachers are helpful, nice atmosphere. Its been almost 10 years since I've been to school since high school and this has eased my mind completely. Im working and going to school full time but school has been less stressful than I planned. Teachers push you to your fullest which has been a great feeling and left me ending the quarter with a 3.89 GPA. Im happy that I get to continue my education with this school.
This college is very affordable and has a a foundation that gives out a lot of money every year. So far its been a good experience, great students and teachers on the campus.
This is my second year at Columbia Basin College, and I have thoroughly enjoyed attending. Not only is the price great and affordable, but I have learned valuable information in each and every class, and I can apply this information in and out of the classroom. This is due to the professors at CBC. They are passionate about what they teach, and are willing to help you in any way that they can! The students at CBC are friendly as well. There are a lot of various clubs that give you the opportunity to meet students who have similar interests as you. I love the layout of the CBC campus; it is easy to get to and from each of your classes. I also like that it is not too far from restaurants and you can grab a bite to eat, if you have a break in between classes. It is also nice that there is a gas station and a coffee shop right across the street. The ONLY complaint that I have regarding CBC is the parking. They desperately need to add more parking lots and/or a parking garage!!!
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
Starting out at CBC was nerve racking to be sure. I quickly got into the flow of things with the constant help from my instructors. Whatever isn't covered in class I can contact them on canvas or during their office hours. Plus Counselors welcome my questions and help me pave my career path and goals by showing me ways I can learn more about my major and what colleges provide the best education for it.
Columbia Basin College is a great community college to attain a transfer degree or a bachelors (if you plan to major in Cyber Security or Computer Science). Most professors I had were quite good, and were really open to helping their students out. It is fun to attend activities around campus giving your college experience a much better feeling. There is great diversity among races at CBC. What this college seems to lack is sufficient parking lot space (since most students that attend drive from out of town).
Columbia Basin College has a high standard of education while still living close to home. They have supportive professors who are eager to help their students. An amazing tutoring center is available for extra assistance to students. There is a large diversity of students that make Columbia Basin College an excellent place to receive and education.
They are very helpful they help you in everything that you need. They have excellent programs they have( CAMP) college asistents migrant program they have TRIo also and MESA program they help out a lot during your first year some program help untile you are done with college and transfer to an university.
Columbia Basin College (CBC) is a small college with an excellent student body. The annual cost is quite cheap compared to large 4 year colleges.
Columbia Basin College has a very clean and pretty campus, great facilities, a very kind and friendly student body, and group of professors that are dedicated to the students learning. The facilities here at Columbia Basin College are magnificent, they have a gym the has a plethora of cardio machines and weight lifting equipment, and their student building (AKA Hawk Central) is a warm and friendly environment that not only gives students an area to study but to also meet and make new friends. The professors here at Columbia Basin College are unique in the fact that they are so dedicated and invested in the students learning. Each one of my professors has made it very easy to communicate with and understand the material. In fact the only down sides about Columbia Basin College is the parking, which is not big enough for the entire student body. Other than that Columbia Basin College is an extraordinary college that has left a positive impact on my college experience.
I've been going to CBC for about a year and a half now, and its one of the best communuty colleges in the area. Theres a lot of different options for classes and majors, and theres always something going on. One thing i wish they would do more of is some events over at the richland campus. Its a small portion of CBC, but with all the health sciences over there, it would be nice if there were some activities over there.
I like this college because unlike my elementary school, middle school, and high school, Columbia Basin college doesn't make me feel uncomfortable all the time like my previous schools did. This school isn't the best it the world but its good enough for me until I go on to a new school. The classes are great at this school because you can take some online which is great for people who cant make it to campus. The housing area that they have for students is ridiculous in pricing and not worth it to me at least.
It's good to go to CBC if you are looking for a similar experience to High School. The workload will be more, but it is worth it in the long run. Keeping up with your studies and homework is necessary and will help you when moving on to University or a 4-year College.
It is a very friendly environment and the teachers all seem to care about how you do. There isn't a lot of options to stay on campus right now but they are changing that as we speak.
It’s a cheap alternative to other 4 year universities if they offer your degree program. The teachers for the most part are well educated and dedicated to helping you understand the material. I’ve found that almost all professors will help you as much as they can if you put forth the effort to go see them during their office hours or work something out. Even if you do understand the material in the class it’s always good to ask clarifying or interesting questions. This shows that you’re serious about the class and helps to keep you focused. Hawk central which is similar to a main office of other colleges is also very helpful. They have many people dedicated to financial aid alone so if that’s something that concerns you you’ll be able to have multiple people at your disposal. The tuition cost is about 100 dollars per credit plus fees and books so that makes it much cheaper than other universities.
My experience at Columbia Basin College was amazing. I am still attending CBC and it is great being on campus. What I like about CBC is that everyone is friendly to you, if you ever need help finding a class or get lost, there is always people around who you you may ask for help or automatically they help you if they notice you are in need of help. The campus is amazing. In the Hub building they have a room with intertaining games, they have a Starbucks where you can buy coffee if your still asleep. I would say there’s nothing that could be change at CBC everything is amazing just how it is.
I love that Columbia Basin College offers flexible day or evening classes. I also, like that classmates are helpful toward on another. This college has an excellent student tutoring center. The center offers in person and also online tutoring for a variety of subject areas. I have had a very positive experience at this college and would recommend anyone to attend.
The only drawback that I can think of is that their is not enough professors hired on to teach some of the core classes needed for entry into the Nursing or Dental Hygiene programs. These classes fill up very fast and often times students are unable to take the course due to the limited seats available. But, despite the drawback that I have mentioned, I would still recommend this school.
I appreciate the small class sizes, overall campus, activities, and all of my professors were happy to either let me walk into their office (if they were there) or make an appointment if I had any questions. If I could, I would take my bachelors here. Unfortunately, they do not have a biology program
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
Dismissive and unhelpful staff. More resources put into High School students sent to college than the actual college courses themselves. The only choice for a growing metropolitan area and they take every advantage of that. Unclear degree requirements that tell you to ask professors what classes you should take and professors who wrote the requirements chastising you and telling you to find the information online which is simply "Ask head of department for requirements". Expensive. Even if you understand course material they will force you to take per-requisites that don't count for your degree if you didn't attend running start. Basically, it's only meant for a certain type of person to succeed and for the rest to fail. Last time I checked the graduation rate was around 20%. Great place to check out the entitled, exclusionary nepotism the inland Northwest is so great at.
The scheduling is great and easy to figure out. The classes are informative and helpful. There are so many courses and degrees to choose from. The campus is in a convenient place especially with the new Richland campus that is close to the Health Science Center.
There's a lot of help here if, you just search for it! It's more than just attending school, it's about participating in a lot of different things this school has to offer!