Columbia Basin College Reviews

Columbia Basin College offers multiple opportunities and they even have programs after accomplishing your AA.
SO far as a college freshmen inst at all to bad, Getting started at CBC is a breeze with hawk central. The entrance exam is the starting point, from there hawk central, they get your class's for you and help with scholarship opportunists. From there its a easy as going to class, professors are all cool the environment is friendly and opening.
Columbia Basin College is always there for you, they help you on tutoring, computer access, and many programs to join! All for the students to be successful.
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
I find that most of the teachers are pretty good here, and they are friendly and approachable if you need any help with their work. I also find that they can take their time in class if needed. There is some lacking with some courses, I feel like some are missing. The people here aren't super friendly, they usually don't talk and don't seem happy most of the time. The parking is kind of bad, it has not been too updated with the growth of the tri-cities. The campus is nothing special.
CBC has the unknown stigma of being the school kids who can't afford college go to but honestly it's great. The staff at this school make sure there students are cared for. I'm glad I started my college experience here I wouldn't trade it for the world. As cheesy as that sounds
I have enjoyed this school! Teachers are helpful, nice atmosphere. Its been almost 10 years since I've been to school since high school and this has eased my mind completely. Im working and going to school full time but school has been less stressful than I planned. Teachers push you to your fullest which has been a great feeling and left me ending the quarter with a 3.89 GPA. Im happy that I get to continue my education with this school.
This college is very affordable and has a a foundation that gives out a lot of money every year. So far its been a good experience, great students and teachers on the campus.
This is my second year at Columbia Basin College, and I have thoroughly enjoyed attending. Not only is the price great and affordable, but I have learned valuable information in each and every class, and I can apply this information in and out of the classroom. This is due to the professors at CBC. They are passionate about what they teach, and are willing to help you in any way that they can! The students at CBC are friendly as well. There are a lot of various clubs that give you the opportunity to meet students who have similar interests as you. I love the layout of the CBC campus; it is easy to get to and from each of your classes. I also like that it is not too far from restaurants and you can grab a bite to eat, if you have a break in between classes. It is also nice that there is a gas station and a coffee shop right across the street. The ONLY complaint that I have regarding CBC is the parking. They desperately need to add more parking lots and/or a parking garage!!!
Starting out at CBC was nerve racking to be sure. I quickly got into the flow of things with the constant help from my instructors. Whatever isn't covered in class I can contact them on canvas or during their office hours. Plus Counselors welcome my questions and help me pave my career path and goals by showing me ways I can learn more about my major and what colleges provide the best education for it.
Columbia Basin College is a great community college to attain a transfer degree or a bachelors (if you plan to major in Cyber Security or Computer Science). Most professors I had were quite good, and were really open to helping their students out. It is fun to attend activities around campus giving your college experience a much better feeling. There is great diversity among races at CBC. What this college seems to lack is sufficient parking lot space (since most students that attend drive from out of town).
Columbia Basin College has a high standard of education while still living close to home. They have supportive professors who are eager to help their students. An amazing tutoring center is available for extra assistance to students. There is a large diversity of students that make Columbia Basin College an excellent place to receive and education.
They are very helpful they help you in everything that you need. They have excellent programs they have( CAMP) college asistents migrant program they have TRIo also and MESA program they help out a lot during your first year some program help untile you are done with college and transfer to an university.
Columbia Basin College (CBC) is a small college with an excellent student body. The annual cost is quite cheap compared to large 4 year colleges.
Columbia Basin College has a very clean and pretty campus, great facilities, a very kind and friendly student body, and group of professors that are dedicated to the students learning. The facilities here at Columbia Basin College are magnificent, they have a gym the has a plethora of cardio machines and weight lifting equipment, and their student building (AKA Hawk Central) is a warm and friendly environment that not only gives students an area to study but to also meet and make new friends. The professors here at Columbia Basin College are unique in the fact that they are so dedicated and invested in the students learning. Each one of my professors has made it very easy to communicate with and understand the material. In fact the only down sides about Columbia Basin College is the parking, which is not big enough for the entire student body. Other than that Columbia Basin College is an extraordinary college that has left a positive impact on my college experience.
I've been going to CBC for about a year and a half now, and its one of the best communuty colleges in the area. Theres a lot of different options for classes and majors, and theres always something going on. One thing i wish they would do more of is some events over at the richland campus. Its a small portion of CBC, but with all the health sciences over there, it would be nice if there were some activities over there.
I like this college because unlike my elementary school, middle school, and high school, Columbia Basin college doesn't make me feel uncomfortable all the time like my previous schools did. This school isn't the best it the world but its good enough for me until I go on to a new school. The classes are great at this school because you can take some online which is great for people who cant make it to campus. The housing area that they have for students is ridiculous in pricing and not worth it to me at least.
It's good to go to CBC if you are looking for a similar experience to High School. The workload will be more, but it is worth it in the long run. Keeping up with your studies and homework is necessary and will help you when moving on to University or a 4-year College.
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
It is a very friendly environment and the teachers all seem to care about how you do. There isn't a lot of options to stay on campus right now but they are changing that as we speak.
It’s a cheap alternative to other 4 year universities if they offer your degree program. The teachers for the most part are well educated and dedicated to helping you understand the material. I’ve found that almost all professors will help you as much as they can if you put forth the effort to go see them during their office hours or work something out. Even if you do understand the material in the class it’s always good to ask clarifying or interesting questions. This shows that you’re serious about the class and helps to keep you focused. Hawk central which is similar to a main office of other colleges is also very helpful. They have many people dedicated to financial aid alone so if that’s something that concerns you you’ll be able to have multiple people at your disposal. The tuition cost is about 100 dollars per credit plus fees and books so that makes it much cheaper than other universities.
My experience at Columbia Basin College was amazing. I am still attending CBC and it is great being on campus. What I like about CBC is that everyone is friendly to you, if you ever need help finding a class or get lost, there is always people around who you you may ask for help or automatically they help you if they notice you are in need of help. The campus is amazing. In the Hub building they have a room with intertaining games, they have a Starbucks where you can buy coffee if your still asleep. I would say there’s nothing that could be change at CBC everything is amazing just how it is.