Columbia Basin College Reviews

CBC is a really great local college. It started out as a community college, but now offers several relevant 4yr degree programs including Nursing, Culinary, Agriculture, and high school Running Start participation. They recently added nice student apartments that are affordable. CBC is always improving itself and takes into account the surrounding Tri-Cities area (approx. 250k residents) to offer degrees and certifications in fields that matter.
CBC is a great college and has faculty that was very helpful with transferring credits and getting my classes in order.
The staff is great and helpful. The campus is well maintained, and the preforming arts department is underfunded.
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
For most of my degree I utilized online classes to the fullest. They were a great fit as a new mom living 45 minutes from the college. I really don't have much bad to say about the college itself, just the typical loops you have to jump through for each bottlenecked degree.
This college is very local and its amazing for its community but... from what I have heard it is run down, the teachers are not very good and make students fail more often than not. I have heard countless things about this school and it is good but wouldn't recommend if its to free
The teacher I've had are fairly great. The school itself is a very well kept campus. The location is a little weird if you live here, but otherwise it's accessible.
Columbia Basin College has an amazing staff. The staff cares for the students and wants everyone to succeed. Their facilities are amazing. They always want to improve, so they send out surveys to ask what the students think about the school and want to see in the school. Overall, I would say Columbia Basin does a fantastic job tending to students needs and helping them do their best.
I loved going to Columbia Basin. The campus was very nice. It has good places to just relax after or in between classes.
I'm taking science pre-reqs to fill in my Art Degree so I can apply for med school. CBC's science labs are spacious, clean and include high grade research tech unavailable at some larger 4 year schools in the area. The professors are very knowledgeable and most have related experience from working at Hanford or PNNL.
Columbia Basin College is a great starter school and they are even getting into 4 year degrees as well. It is a good option if you are wanting to go to school for less money than 4 year universities.
CBC is the perfect size and the teachers there really want to see you succeed! I commute to CBC and it has been a wonderful experience. Anyone who is on the fence about where to go should definitely consider going to Columbia Basin. You won't regret it!
Love Everything about it, but i would change the parking situation, NEEDS MORE PARKING. The professors are nice and always available, the campus has lots of diversity, there are a lot of class options and programs you can go into. They have a lot of clubs you can join, they have a student government and they always have outside activities for their students, like rollerskating, or a dance. They even have student jobs for students at the institution to apply for, you can be making money while going to school and they work around you schedule, its awesome.
Love the experience there, teachers are very helpful, personalized experience in rewarding career fields.
I have been going to Columbia Basin College mostly online for three quarters and have really enjoyed it! The professors are awesome as long as you utilize ratemyprofessor.com!
Columbia Basin College offers multiple opportunities and they even have programs after accomplishing your AA.
SO far as a college freshmen inst at all to bad, Getting started at CBC is a breeze with hawk central. The entrance exam is the starting point, from there hawk central, they get your class's for you and help with scholarship opportunists. From there its a easy as going to class, professors are all cool the environment is friendly and opening.
Columbia Basin College is always there for you, they help you on tutoring, computer access, and many programs to join! All for the students to be successful.
Start Your Review of Columbia Basin College
I find that most of the teachers are pretty good here, and they are friendly and approachable if you need any help with their work. I also find that they can take their time in class if needed. There is some lacking with some courses, I feel like some are missing. The people here aren't super friendly, they usually don't talk and don't seem happy most of the time. The parking is kind of bad, it has not been too updated with the growth of the tri-cities. The campus is nothing special.
CBC has the unknown stigma of being the school kids who can't afford college go to but honestly it's great. The staff at this school make sure there students are cared for. I'm glad I started my college experience here I wouldn't trade it for the world. As cheesy as that sounds
I have enjoyed this school! Teachers are helpful, nice atmosphere. Its been almost 10 years since I've been to school since high school and this has eased my mind completely. Im working and going to school full time but school has been less stressful than I planned. Teachers push you to your fullest which has been a great feeling and left me ending the quarter with a 3.89 GPA. Im happy that I get to continue my education with this school.