Colorado State University - Pueblo Reviews

I love the campus, there are many aspects of the campus that have been renovated or built recently and done so very well. The campus has an all around very modern vibe to it. I have not a single complaint about the daily campus life here, it's an extremely enjoyable experience. The only thing that I wish would get streamlined is the blackboard system, It's a very good idea and when teachers use it, it makes the course so much easier to keep up with but many professors don't use blackboard. If blackboard was a more widely used tool then that would erase the only major complaint that I have about CSU-P.
The staff and fellow students are friendly but I wish that the financial aid office was more organized.
So far my experience at CSU-Pueblo has been a pleasant one. I like that I have met so many different people from different backgrounds. Not only that but some of the teachers here go above and beyond when trying to make sure that students succeed in the future.
Start Your Review of Colorado State University - Pueblo
CSU-Pueblo has helped me greatly while transitioning from high school to the hectic college life. My advisor helped me add classes and taught me how to navigate around the university portal. The professors make sure that you receive help when it is needed and there are many resources such as academic centers and tutors on campus. I have enjoyed college so far and I am grateful for my experience with the faculty as some of my friends in Denver do not have an advisor or have never talked to a professor. CSU-Pueblo has supported me during the time I've been here and I am excited to build towards my career goals at this university.
I absolutely love CSU-Pueblo. The staff are awesome and super informative when you're first starting there. If you need disability accommodations they do a great job of filling you in on how to get them, and the tours of the campus are really helpful as well.
While the town of Pueblo doesn't have too much to offer, the University does! The class sizes are full yet small enough where you can know your professors personally and are able to get one-on-one help and tutoring easily. The sports atmosphere is great and there are many alumni and locals who are huge supporters.
I love the students of csu pueblo. It is an extremely open and accepting environment. I a so happy I chose csup as the college for me.
I really liked all my professors and classes and the buildings being closer really helped with getting to classes on time. It made things a lot easier!! One thing that definitely needs to change is the cafeteria food. If we are being forced to pay large amounts of money to live on campus, then the food provided should at the least be edible and not make the students sick. Also, students shouldn’t be required to live on campus for two years, there are better options for certain people and they should be allowed to decide for themselves where they are going to live.
The atmosphere is great and the faculty at the university are very understanding and work with you as a student to succeed.
I have met so many people and made a lot of new friends, including my roommate. These people weren't just people I sat next to in class, they come from so many different backgrounds, but we all shared the same ambitions. Each of my instructors try to get to know their students in not only a learning stance, but personally too. On that note I enjoyed each class of mine, and they all consisted of a decent amount of learners who for the most part, were all there to earn a higher education. Two things that I would like changed is the amount of attention that is needed between the Advisors and Financial Aid. They both are major aspects to my learning, but I found that they both don’t know anything about each other so there was a lot of back and forth between offices I had to do. But all together I have had some great experiences from CSU-P that I would never change, and I am happy to say I go to Colorado State University- Pueblo!
Really enjoyed the various clubs and services offered!
Staff were friendly, albeit hard to contact.
The school offers a wide variety of courses and has teachers that are excited and dedicated to teach their courses, all the while having many supportive systems in place to help you through your college journey.
CSU Pueblo has amazing staff, and great class sizes. The people here are friendly, and you make friends fast.
Overall it's been a great experience. I'm one who enjoys a small environment, but I think CSU-Pueblo is that perfect medium. It really isn't too big or too small. It also offers such wide variety of things, from clubs, to sports, to events, to classes, to tutoring, health services, and so much more. The professors also seem a lot more invested with the students because the ratio of faculty to student is small enough that a student doesn't disappear in a class of over 100. Not only the professors, but all of faculty is always more than happy to help and guide the students to where they can succeed best. That's an enjoyable environment to be in. Plus, every now and then, Tundra (our thunder wolf mascot) will walk the campus so students get to met her and all.
I love CSU-Pueblo, the list of resources never end. From free tutoring in every subject, to starbuck's in almost every resource building for that need caffeine. All of my classes are very hands on, they are small in population and the professors do their absolute best to help every student. The cafe food is not the best but what college is known for the lunch food. The school has so many events to get students evolved throughout the year. From game events, to random movie nights and themed building party's, there is always something going on each week that a student can find and do to have fun and get involved.
Good to CSU-P you get to become very close with students around you due to small campus. The professors take a special interest in your education and try their best to make your college experience the best.
What I like about Colorado State University is that I am able to major and minor in my determined career in one place. The instructors I have had so far are for the most part easy to understand and fair to all students. What I wish would change is more options for lunch on campus, better odds of finding used books I need at the bookstore, and better communications from financial aid.
Start Your Review of Colorado State University - Pueblo
CSU Pueblo was a great introductory school for a new freshmen wanting to go out of state for for college. Through CSU Pueblo I experienced the "University Experience" while being on a relatively small and not so crowded campus. I attended the greek olympics, attended numerous football and baseball games, experienced the local life in downtown Pueblo as well as city life in downtown Denver and Colorado Springs. CSU Pueblo was a great experience for me.
Studying at CSU-Pueblo was gratifying due to being an online student and taking courses on my own timing. All the professors at CSUP were very encouraging and offered any help they could give to ensure the students were successful in their courses. The only that would be changed through personal experience is the turnaround time for ALL of the departments to contact you back at (Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Accounting, etc.). A good majority of the time if you didn't speak with someone immediately and had to leave a message it would be at least three to four days before someone returned your phone call.
My experience with this college is that the athletic department is amazing with their current student athletes. Since we are in a poor financial situation, we do not have the best food and housing facilities. The minority level is pretty great for Blacks/African Americans and Hispanic population. Student activities such as club sports are a huge hit! Many people participate in these clubs and its great for the school to raise money.