Colorado Mountain College Reviews

I became a full-time student at Colorado Mountain College in what would have been my Sophomore year of high school. I was able to be a part of many online classes, which allowed me to have a flexible school schedule. In turn, this allowed me more time to work as well as more time to be an active part of my community. Colorado Mountain College is also very affordable. If you are not able to afford the tuition, they offer a variety of scholarships. As of December 2017, I have received my Associate of Arts from Colorado Mountain College. Colorado Mountain College provided me with a wonderful education for a reasonable price.
I loved the Student Support Services located at the college and have made life in college a little easier for me and I made lifelong friends out of two of the advisors. One thing to keep in mind about attending CMC, however, is that a lot of my classes were canceled or unavailable for my degree so it set back my goals for where I hoped I would be by now.
There’s some great professors however, my stay in the dorms I realized that all of the kids staying with my all were the kids who weren’t driven enough to go to real school. If you live on campus be ready to be stuck around a ton of misfits who will be using lots of drugs and alcohol. One strike policy school yet they don’t kick the kids out who deserve to be gone because they’re so desprate for their program to look good and not have records of kids upon kids being kicked out. Once I moved off campus things weren’t as bad, the professors are very all hands on and class sizes are small. The faculty is atrocious. Not friendly, rude, and very “official” for a joke of a college. If you don’t want people to laugh at where you got your degree from I’d suggest only using it as a transfer school.
Start Your Review of Colorado Mountain College
My name is Fatima and I have been attending to CMC Spring Valley for 3 months now, this is my first year in college and I am studying for a general science associates degree. It is an overall good Schoo it just needs to have more tutoring available, much more clubs, and overall welcoming environment.
applying is very easy and receiving scholarship is simple! The nursing program is very competitive but with hard work and a 4.0 you can get in! They offer on campus living and you are hours away from either the mountains or dessert!
I would recommend this two year college to any Colorado native, or person interested in the outdoors. Choosing to go to CMC is a financially smart option, and the students are fun and passionate. The classes are hands-on and personalized, especially the classes in the outdoor programs. Why not go rock climbing and rafting while achieving an associates degree?!
Love, love, love this school. Such a beautiful campus with plenty to do within walking distance. Disk golf course on campus was a huge perk. Small sized campus, but not too small.
Cmc is a great little school with a lot of flexibility. For such a small school they offer great resources to their students whether they be online distance learners or on any of their mountain campuses. I attended most of my classes at the Rifle campus and they have been great to me. A lot of available tutoring opportunities, advisors who are great and programs that are straight to the point. Many of the staff have great credentials. (my english teacher went to graduate school at NYU, my history professor taught at the airforce academy for many years, and my biology teacher worked for the forest service as a scientist for many years), I felt like my education was in great hands.
Amazing teachers and a smaller campus in a beautiful area! Also it is must cheaper than other universities. The teachers are so helpful and go out of their way to help you with anything.
The campus is incredible. Professors are great and very hands on training. The town of Steamboat Springs is very acceptable of having a college in the middle of town. Great atmosphere for students and citizens.
this school is the absolute best school for the coast. the staff is dedicated to providing students with a great college experience.
I attended CMC before it became a 4 year school - really, I attended before and during the transition. When I enrolled into the 4 year Business Administration degree program, they had only recruited a single teacher for the available business classes. I was not particularly fond of said teacher and found that this program, at that time, was not a good fit. The school is attended by lots of students whose primary ambition was to ski or snowboard, and they even had a degree program focused on this industry, which was a neat aspect. Campus activities did not appeal to me nor were they aimed at my particular demographic, so I rarely attended.
At first I was a little apprehensive to go to it because my peers considered it a bad choice to go to this school because it was a community school and it wasn't very challenging but honestly it is the best decision I have ever made. I will be graduating with my associates this spring with... wait for it... no debt and I only used one scholarship that was given to me by the school for having good grades. Now I can transfer anywhere with honors and my first two years of college out of the way with NO DEBT! It is so affordable because I live here and this community college has always strived to make it affordable. Plus the teachers are amazing and everyone wants to help you succeed. It I may not be very challenging of a school, which is generally a plus but I did get a little bored sometimes and I procrastinated a lot more because I knew I could get the project done in no time. All in all, just a amazing school.
The teachers are nice and help in answering as many questions as possible for a student to understand the subject. The front desk assistants are very helpful when it comes to campus questions.
Colorado Mountain College is a great school filled with amazing experiences and opportunities. Small class sizes make learning easier with all the help. A beautiful scenery and kind people.
The photo program pretty much has your schedule set up for you. The labs were more flexible, in the afternoon you had two times to choose from. The other classes such as English, History, and Public Speaking were offered by a variety of teachers at a variety of times which made it work them into my schedule.
The photography program is great at helping you find a job, and the Portfolio's and Isaacson School events are GREAT for networking. Teachers have also shown us how LinkedIn and Facebook can help you stay in touch with key people in the industry. Since I will be transferring for a different degree, I can't say much past that as I won't be taking advantage of this.
Start Your Review of Colorado Mountain College
For such a small school, a variety of classes are offered. They are about the same size as my high school classes ~20 students in each which is nice, especially in speech class when we had to talk in front of everyone. In the photo program, this small number and the fact that we have every class together has made us a very tight knit group, class is fun to go to. Outside of the photography program I have been really impressed with the English professors.
There are always posters on campus about job/internships/career/services on campus, but I rarely take advantage of them. The office is always helpful when I go there with questions about campus, paperwork, ect.
I am in the Photography Program. The teachers really know what they are doing and are passionate about what they teach. They have real world experiences and stories to share, and come back from breaks with more recent stories. They all have a good sense of humor too. The workload is nicely planned, every two weeks we usually get a new assignment per class, and because it's such a subjective major, they are flexible about working with you to coordinate shoots. The facilities are awesome and top notch. They are always letting us know about job and internship opportunities and remind us about the deadlines.