Colorado Mountain College Reviews

Amazing teachers and a smaller campus in a beautiful area! Also it is must cheaper than other universities. The teachers are so helpful and go out of their way to help you with anything.
The campus is incredible. Professors are great and very hands on training. The town of Steamboat Springs is very acceptable of having a college in the middle of town. Great atmosphere for students and citizens.
this school is the absolute best school for the coast. the staff is dedicated to providing students with a great college experience.
Review Colorado Mountain College
I attended CMC before it became a 4 year school - really, I attended before and during the transition. When I enrolled into the 4 year Business Administration degree program, they had only recruited a single teacher for the available business classes. I was not particularly fond of said teacher and found that this program, at that time, was not a good fit. The school is attended by lots of students whose primary ambition was to ski or snowboard, and they even had a degree program focused on this industry, which was a neat aspect. Campus activities did not appeal to me nor were they aimed at my particular demographic, so I rarely attended.
At first I was a little apprehensive to go to it because my peers considered it a bad choice to go to this school because it was a community school and it wasn't very challenging but honestly it is the best decision I have ever made. I will be graduating with my associates this spring with... wait for it... no debt and I only used one scholarship that was given to me by the school for having good grades. Now I can transfer anywhere with honors and my first two years of college out of the way with NO DEBT! It is so affordable because I live here and this community college has always strived to make it affordable. Plus the teachers are amazing and everyone wants to help you succeed. It I may not be very challenging of a school, which is generally a plus but I did get a little bored sometimes and I procrastinated a lot more because I knew I could get the project done in no time. All in all, just a amazing school.
The teachers are nice and help in answering as many questions as possible for a student to understand the subject. The front desk assistants are very helpful when it comes to campus questions.
Colorado Mountain College is a great school filled with amazing experiences and opportunities. Small class sizes make learning easier with all the help. A beautiful scenery and kind people.
The photo program pretty much has your schedule set up for you. The labs were more flexible, in the afternoon you had two times to choose from. The other classes such as English, History, and Public Speaking were offered by a variety of teachers at a variety of times which made it work them into my schedule.
The photography program is great at helping you find a job, and the Portfolio's and Isaacson School events are GREAT for networking. Teachers have also shown us how LinkedIn and Facebook can help you stay in touch with key people in the industry. Since I will be transferring for a different degree, I can't say much past that as I won't be taking advantage of this.
For such a small school, a variety of classes are offered. They are about the same size as my high school classes ~20 students in each which is nice, especially in speech class when we had to talk in front of everyone. In the photo program, this small number and the fact that we have every class together has made us a very tight knit group, class is fun to go to. Outside of the photography program I have been really impressed with the English professors.
There are always posters on campus about job/internships/career/services on campus, but I rarely take advantage of them. The office is always helpful when I go there with questions about campus, paperwork, ect.
I am in the Photography Program. The teachers really know what they are doing and are passionate about what they teach. They have real world experiences and stories to share, and come back from breaks with more recent stories. They all have a good sense of humor too. The workload is nicely planned, every two weeks we usually get a new assignment per class, and because it's such a subjective major, they are flexible about working with you to coordinate shoots. The facilities are awesome and top notch. They are always letting us know about job and internship opportunities and remind us about the deadlines.
I like CMC but I'm glad that it's a stepping stone and that I will be transferring in a semester. The teachers are great and care about their students. They have office hours and are available for extra help or questions which is nice. The location is beautiful, be ready to drive down the hill in the snow, I stayed on campus more in the winter. The dorms are nice although putting a kitchen in the J3 is an excellent idea, as well as doubling the amount of washers and dryers, they should get the kind that stack - there were never enough washers/dryers open, and most of the time at least one or two were broken. The cafeteria hours are really bad. The food is ok, but the hours for dinner were 4:30 - 6:15, which meant you ate really early and were hungry later. The take away boxes were a great idea though, thanks for that. The cafe was good for lunch but the hours again, were really short and closed on the weekends. You can tell it's a smaller school with less staff. Again, good stepping stone, but I'm looking forward to moving past it.
Being with the undeclared students helps push you to have as much basic knowledge as possible so when you move on to a specific degree you'll be able to understand it just as well.
Its a very different environment from a university but that doesn't make it worse. If anything it makes it better! They care for students and their grades not just their paychecks. It's a great place to start off before moving on to a different school or to just stay and finish your degree for cheap.
Okay look, this school is great but only if you live off campus. The staff around the dorms is unfair and unreasonable. The dorm building does not have a stove/oven for students to cook with and have very strict policies against hot plates and cooking appliances. The RAs are not friendly, I went to Ferris State in Big Rapids, Michigan for my freshman year of college. There the RAs were 'in-your-face-nice' they knew everyone's name and would always ask about your day. However here at CMC the RAs try to get kids in trouble and kick people out. I have had more than enough friends kicked out of the dorms for first offense issues, the cops are always arresting kids for coming back from an off campus party drunk, and they have an arsenal of ridiculous rules. You are not allowed to have guitar amps so make sure you bring an acoustic. You can't have a sub or a speaker system of any kind. Again with the food thing, the Cafe kinda sucks and the hours are atrocious. The dinner is from 5-6:30 Monday - Thursday (which is ridiculous for a college campus, and only 5-6 Friday - Sunday. The coffee bar is okay but is closed on the weekends. The food quality is sub par and makes my bowels turn into a slip and slide... The school aspect of CMC is amazing but the dorms suck extremely bad, mostly due to the staff and lack of effort put in. The buildings just have a lull aspect to them. All the teachers I have had are amazing and know the material very well. Teachers save this school from a 1 star but I complain about how hungry I get every night at around 8-9pm because I haven't eaten and I can't get food until the next morning at 7... or 10 if its a weekend.
Online courses from my school are great way to manage your time around school and work. It allows you to complete your and the teachers have close relationship with students as a regular face to face class. Students are able to see ones work and comment on it.
Review Colorado Mountain College
Currently i do not have knowledge on post grad services at my school
The courses that i have been taking in CMC have been outstanding. Professors at this college are very helpful and understanding. When someone needs help to better themselves in class, to be a top student, they give up their own time to help us. They expect us to have the best grades we can possible get. And help us successful.
Our school offers career fairs for students and for the community. They try to help students become successful. They offer internship to their particular career paths, so they get a feel of what they will expect from their career.