Colorado Mesa University Reviews

1,085 reviews
I personally had a rough start to Mesa. Many of the girls were very mean to me and I did not have friends for the first two weeks. Trust me I am not a bad person or shy. After I was practicing for track I started to make friends. Then I have had two family losses this year and the school did nothing to help me. The first loss was only my cousin, which is still a big deal due to the fact I come from a close family. When I lost my mom due to being killed in a car accident. They did not offer me anything to help with my classes or excuses for my classes. Some of my professors worked well with me to determine my grade due to their empathy for my loss. If it was not for the track team here or my current friends I would not have returned.
What I like about Colorado Mesa University is that there is so much to do there and everyone can fit in. The dorms are really nice and clean. Along with the buildings and classroom. I like that there is small classrooms and big classrooms depending on the subject. Even if you are in the back you can still hear the professor talking. There is something for everyone there.
I would definitely recommend Colorado Mesa to one of my friends or family. They make you feel at home when your living on campus and the people are great! The town isn't too crowded so there's not too much traffic. This school gives many opportunities to the students to interact with each other such as clubs, club sports, and special events.
Start Your Review of Colorado Mesa University
Colorado Mesa University's experience is a very positive atmosphere to be at. Everyone is so friendly, and willing to help
This is a beautiful campus and has a great campus atmosphere. There are so many activities like snowboarding, rafting and rock climbing. The campus is really geared to getting students to participate in activities. Grand Junction is 4 hours away from Denver and close to all major ski resorts. Great place to go to school.
I enjoy everything that Colorado Mesa University has to offer. The class size is perfect- my professors know my face and enjoy having me in their classes. I enjoy the social life; there is a ton of awesome people to meet, and student life is very fun. Games and events are exciting. The environment is overall amazing!
Colorado Mesa University has a beautiful campus that is surrounded by the mesa and the Colorado National Monument. However, if you aren't an outdoor person and come from a big city, then CMU might not be the place for you. Aside from the environment, the professors are very helpful, there are a decent amount of clubs to join, the facilities are great, and the dorms are quite nice.
Colorado Mesa University is a mediocre institution. The campus is nice, but the area is sub-par. Professors at the school are quite helpful and some of the best you have met, but that's because of the fact that it's a small school, and one definitely notices that in the way the school functions. The president of the school is more concerned with boosting growth than the well-being of his students.
I enjoy Colorado Mesa University, because I am able to attend college here, but also have a variety of outdoors activities that my friends and I are able to do. I am not very far from home which makes it very convenient for when I want to go visit my family.
My experience at Colorado Mesa University is limited at this point in my life. However, I am excited for that to change because I will be attending there in the Fall of 2018. I am a senior in high school, and have committed to play lacrosse at Colorado Mesa University. I have been to the campus multiple times and have even spent the weekend on campus during my official visit. I love the campus at Colorado Mesa, the facilities are all up to date and provide an amazing learning and training environment. As of now I know the campus has a large variety of studies, but I will soon find out what I prefer and don't prefer about the atmosphere. I think I will love the next four years of my life at Colorado Mesa University and I'm excited to see where life takes me while on the campus.
The atmosphere is very open and friendly and there are lots of different clubs to choose from. There is also lots of resources to use and utilize.
After spending two years at CMU, I am still enthralled with its community and dedication towards the improvement of campus. CMU is always expanding, but class sizes are kept small, my largest lecture had around 80 people. It is also affordable, offering some great scholarships.
It has it's problems, but compared to most universities in the United States, CMU is a decent school.
Excellent academics and professors. There is a wide variety of classes. Class sizes are small enough that your professor knows you by face and name, and there can be real group discussion and collaboration.
What I like about Colorado Mesa is the campus, it's super pretty and everything is very new! The thing I would change most about the college is that some professors aren't very good at teaching.
I love that CMU is not breaking the bank and that it still has lots of great programs for its students. The student life group puts on tons of fun stuff during the week. The area is also really beautiful and has tons off outdoor activities to offer.
CMU is a solid all around college that will give you exactly what you need. I am currently enrolled in the kinesiology program and my advisor Dr. Bell is a great professor!
Start Your Review of Colorado Mesa University
Love Mesa! It’s the right size of a University for me, it’s big but small community feel. Has excellent educational programs & really gets you involved in the community. Great outdoor programs for students who like hiking, skiing and water sports.
New and fresh environment, lots of opportunities and majors. Safety was top notch and the school lways had something going on.
The experience that I've had so far in CMU has been great. The staff is friendly and super helpful and if they can't directly help you, then they will happily direct you towards a great campus resource. Speaking of campus resources, they have a nice comfortable library, a free tutoring center with super tutors, and a well maintained spacious workout center. This university is awesome.