Colorado College Reviews

Party Scene
CC is an amazing school! Academics and rigorous and the standard or excellence is demanding. Simultaneously, professors and peers are committed to supporting every student and seeing that they have the resources they need to succeed. The social scene is inclusive and broad. The city of Colorado Springs has some hidden gems to offer and it is easy to access the natural world (with the help of a car of your own or a friendly roommate’s).
If you've been admitted to CC as a Winter Start, FSA, or are considering delaying your enrollment till Spring Semester, it's not as scary as you think it is! If you really hate the idea, trust your gut and don't do it, but if your open to it but you're scared because you've never heard of someone going to college a semester late before, don't worry about it. I was a Winter Start, and it was a great experience and allowed me to study abroad and do research during my Fall semester. Plus, once I got to CC it was a great time, the Winter Start community is supportive and great (second, third, and fourth years Winter Starts included) and I was able to make friends just fine. The first semester of college is always going to be hard, but being a Winter Start made it easier if anything.
CC is a great school in a not-so-great location. As a more liberal community existing inside a conservative city, you definitely live in the "CC bubble". CO Springs is also a car-centric city, and as a freshman I felt very stuck on campus due to their no-car rule. I personally also did not expect to be so effected by seasonal weather (coming from California). The seasons/ the snow is not as magical as I thought it'd be!
CC is also VERY academically rigorous. This can be especially tough if you find yourself getting sick, as you cannot miss more than two days without falling behind in class. The block plan is great for many reasons, but this factor added a lot of stress to the already stressful environment of college, especially for me as a person with a chronic health condition.