College of Wooster Reviews

1,206 reviews
An amazing school with incredibly devoted and caring professors. Students are very passionate about their studies, and their campus community. Rarely do students find themselves lacking an activity or someone to talk to. Embodies the liberal arts in a unique and successful way. Wooster students leave prepared and excited to face the challenges of world.
I like the people here- both fellow students and Professors. Although it is quite small and that shows up sometimes, for example, my department has only 4 professors. I like the community
AMAZING. Great time filled with great people and great professors. Wooster provides students with opportunities akin to an Ivy league school, but services students needs on a 1-1 basis on a small liberal arts campus.
Review College of Wooster
The campus is wonderful. The small school allows you to get to know many people on campus. The students and faculty on campus are wonderful and have an inviting aura to them. The professors are all extremely helpful and will answer any questions that students have to the best of their abilities.
I love Wooster! Wooster truly is a hidden gem of the Midwest. From the mentored research opportunities to the beautiful campus, Wooster takes pride in the details. By the end of my senior year, I will be able to proudly say that I completed an undergraduate research thesis: something that I honestly never would have thought was possible when I started at Wooster. I know that I would never have been able to complete such a challenging and rewarding process if it weren't for the compassion and care that the professors display towards there students. They genuinely care and want to help each student be the best student and even person that they can be. Having such a big project under my belt is going to set me apart form many other applicants for both graduate school and job interviews. Again, the academic rigor and the experiential opportunities lead me to believe that the return on my investment at the College of Wooster is far greater than what I could have ever anticipated.
I absolutely love this school! The professors are awesome and are very available to students: they will really go the extra mile to help you, especially if you meet with them to talk about an upcoming essay. Diversity isn't bad but could definitely be better. I gave it 3 stars for the significant number of international students. Athletics are fine, it's a D3 school so don't come here if you are looking for a huge sports school. People complain about the food a lot, but I think it's so that they can have something to complain about. The food is as good as it gets for a college: I've visited a lot of colleges, and Wooster's food is better and healthier than just about anywhere I've visited. I'd say the biggest drawback of attending this school is the relative lack of a party scene: security is very strict when it comes to parties, so a lot of drinking happens in students' rooms, behind closed doors.
Nice big rooms, no AC. Clean buildings.
Local sororities and fraternities. Not a huge part of campus life.
I can really appreciate how far out of the way the school went to making our athletic facilities nicer than most.
The College of Wooster is a great school overall. However, the setting is just not right for me, personally.
I enjoy the school I chose and I am pretty sure I made the right choice.
There is a center for career projects, but the school pushes continuing to higher learning.
During orientation, we had numerous classes and lectures on sexual assault to help prevent it. The campus security is very active in trying to prevent it.
The dorms are not up to date, but they are nice
The school does not approve of the Greek Life, there are not even houses.
The athletics are not a huge part of this school
So far the school seems very accepting towards others and the teachers seem very willing to help the students if they need it.
Review College of Wooster
The College of Wooster is a well-renowned college across that country and the alumni network, connection-wise, seems to be very strong. I do not know if there are a lot of employers recruiting on campus, but there do not seem to be. The Career Center (APEX) seems pretty substantial and helpful, though I have not used it yet.
There is a wide variety of courses that all sound very intriguing and filling some of the gen-eds can be fun. The professors are top-notch and are knowledgeable in their fields. I have only had a few not so great interactions or heard or a few not so great professors. Class size is small, which is nice because the professor gets to know you as an individual more and it helps create a good repertoire between the two individuals. Class styles are either lecture or lab or physical education. If you have an interesting professor, lectures are fun. Labs usually go with lectures and are very hands-on. I have not taken a physical education course, but I hear they are fun.
I feel that I can walk across campus at anytime of day or night and be safe. We could use a few more emergency boxes, maybe. Campus crime is low and I feel that I can leave my bag or wallet or laptop to go get a snack and not have too worry about it being taken.