College of Wooster Reviews

1,219 reviews
While the classes were very good, and their undergraduate independent study was certainly intensive, I felt that the administration didn't care about the staff and students as much as they should. I had numerous friends that attended that were sexually assaulted, and they were met with hostility and dubiousness when recounting their experiences. Also, if you are not a liberal extremist, perhaps reconsider. I remember being taunted by peers and professors alike for a middle of the road political stance.
Wooster has an excellent academic program, but the advising department is pathetic. Go in with your eyes wide open; you will receive no help when adding or withdrawing from classes or any direction for that matter; freshman once you're in don't expect any help. There is a lot of drinking and drugging on WOO Wednesday and the weekends, and there is nothing else to do. Wooster does little if anything to generate other actives or stop the excessive partying. When Wooster security does get involved, which is rare, they call the Wayne County Sheriff Department, and you can imagine how a student who pays $60,000 a year for tuition, gets treated by a civil servant who makes half that. Wooster allows this excessive party environment; it's common, and the school turns a blind eye. I met incredible friends at Wooster, but the lack of administrative guidance and the overwhelming drinking environment led me to the decision to leave quickly.
Overall a very nice school that I would recommend to anyone interested in attending.

Academics and professors are some of the best that you can get and they genuinely care about each student's success both during school and after graduating. The campus is very welcoming and the people are very inviting and kind. The dorms are also very nice considering the small size of the school.

The nightlife at Wooster is comparable to that of larger schools such as Ohio State or Kent, which is a rarity among small, rural schools. Other schools that are similar to Wooster in size cannot compete when it comes to the atmosphere that is fostered here.

The College of Wooster is truly a hidden gem of the Midwest.
Start Your Review of College of Wooster
I had a wonderful experience at Wooster, but I think the experience is what you make it. It's a tiny campus in the heart of rural Ohio; you see the same 1800 people every day. I made so many great, lifelong friends at Wooster, got to study abroad twice, got deeply involved in a lot of extra curriculars, and got a fantastic education. But I also saw some people get bored or feel stifled in the small-school atmosphere. Make sure you visit and talk to students and really get a feel for how you would fit in.
Love the college and the small classes allow me to connect with my professors on a personal level. The campus is beautiful and much of the food is locally sourced and tastes great.
The College of Wooster is very academically rigorous. However the administration is extremely liberally biased and focuses too much on US politics than our role as college students. The campus claims to be diverse but does not accept conservative students whatsoever. The price of tuition is outrageous for the amenities and accommodations provided to students, especially because the dorms aren’t not updated. The professors and classes are wonderful for the most part. I would not recommend anyone going to this college. I also believe the admissions center should stop sugar coating everything on yours, as several lies are told to prospective students in terms of student life, the availability of Independent Study topics and transferable classes.
The college of Wooster is an amazing school with incredible academics. It is located in a small town of 26,000 people, but the city life here flourishes nonetheless. With local restaurants lining downtown, only a mile off campus, and plenty of local shops uptown as well, students can find plenty of things to do off campus. On campus, there are a multitude of events that take place daily that engage the students outside of the classroom. With Springfest and party on the green, we bring in professional bands to play for the students. But, we also have student run events like the Culture Show and the Rake-a-difference event. Volunteerism is a big part of the culture here, and all first-year students do volunteer work with a number of classes having a community involvement portion.
My experience at the College of Wooster has been great so far! everyone is incredibly welcoming and the professors are fantastic.
I absolutely love the College of Wooster! When I visited for the first time, I fell in love with the atmosphere of the College. I felt welcomed right away and never lost this feeling. Additionally, I loved that the students seemed to really care about their campus and that most students are extremely involved on campus. This was all clear to me during my tour and then when I sat in on a class, I was sold. The professor I had was engaging and made the rather large classroom (by Wooster's standards) seem much more intimate. I remember hearing students talking about the class and other classes before and after the lecture, which made me realize how engaged in academics students here are. Fast forward four years and here I am typing this review as a junior at the College. I am so happy that I chose the College of Wooster and that every good thought I had about the College has been proven right ten-fold since coming here.
Beautiful campus, great people, fantastic professors. The professors are really dedicated to Wooster's academic model. There's not a lot of lecturing; classes are based more on experience and discussion.
Wooster is a beautiful campus in a mid-size town, with plenty of clubs and sports available for most any interest. The professors generally care quite a bit about their students and the freshman seminar and senior independent study programs are both great bonding experiences for students as well as excellent ways to ensure everyone graduates with writing skills that far surpass most other college graduates. As a STEM graduate I particularly value the liberal arts education teaching me to write and present well, something most science/engineering schools fail to do.
We visited campus with our son last year and we were overwhelmed with the opportunities available to students, the beauty of the campus and the friendliness of the people. You will love it if you visit!
unsafe and gross town. school attracts weird people. cliques are the norm. academics are good but not worth having to stay out in the town of wooster
An amazing school with incredibly devoted and caring professors. Students are very passionate about their studies, and their campus community. Rarely do students find themselves lacking an activity or someone to talk to. Embodies the liberal arts in a unique and successful way. Wooster students leave prepared and excited to face the challenges of world.
I like the people here- both fellow students and Professors. Although it is quite small and that shows up sometimes, for example, my department has only 4 professors. I like the community
AMAZING. Great time filled with great people and great professors. Wooster provides students with opportunities akin to an Ivy league school, but services students needs on a 1-1 basis on a small liberal arts campus.
The campus is wonderful. The small school allows you to get to know many people on campus. The students and faculty on campus are wonderful and have an inviting aura to them. The professors are all extremely helpful and will answer any questions that students have to the best of their abilities.
Start Your Review of College of Wooster
I love Wooster! Wooster truly is a hidden gem of the Midwest. From the mentored research opportunities to the beautiful campus, Wooster takes pride in the details. By the end of my senior year, I will be able to proudly say that I completed an undergraduate research thesis: something that I honestly never would have thought was possible when I started at Wooster. I know that I would never have been able to complete such a challenging and rewarding process if it weren't for the compassion and care that the professors display towards there students. They genuinely care and want to help each student be the best student and even person that they can be. Having such a big project under my belt is going to set me apart form many other applicants for both graduate school and job interviews. Again, the academic rigor and the experiential opportunities lead me to believe that the return on my investment at the College of Wooster is far greater than what I could have ever anticipated.
I absolutely love this school! The professors are awesome and are very available to students: they will really go the extra mile to help you, especially if you meet with them to talk about an upcoming essay. Diversity isn't bad but could definitely be better. I gave it 3 stars for the significant number of international students. Athletics are fine, it's a D3 school so don't come here if you are looking for a huge sports school. People complain about the food a lot, but I think it's so that they can have something to complain about. The food is as good as it gets for a college: I've visited a lot of colleges, and Wooster's food is better and healthier than just about anywhere I've visited. I'd say the biggest drawback of attending this school is the relative lack of a party scene: security is very strict when it comes to parties, so a lot of drinking happens in students' rooms, behind closed doors.
Nice big rooms, no AC. Clean buildings.