College of William & Mary Reviews

1,386 reviews
I automatically fell in love with the campus not only because of the location, but because of the scenery: everything just looked so breathtaking, specifically due to the varied amount of trees and plants. The overall campus gave off a history vibe, like it was founded in pre-historic times
William and Mary is a great place to participate in undergraduate research. That being said, it is a small school. There aren't as many class options as some of the bigger schools and it can be hard to get into classes needed for your major. The classes are work-intensive and grades are almost always test or essay based.
I love that William & Mary feels like home. The academics are challenging and interesting which has helped me thrive. There is always things going on for you to get involved with.
Start Your Review of College of William & Mary
William and Mary's professors and class offerings are top-notch and I absolutely love the type of student that the school attracts. I'm very happy here, I just wish the food was better. It's really quite terrible. :)
I cannot begin to describe how much I love this school, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm a freshman at the school now and I can say that I don't think I've been much happier at any other time in my life. The academics are challenging, but they are also reasonable and interesting. The professors are always ready and willing to help their students understand the material and treat everyone with respect.

The freshman dorms aren't great and I was unfortunate enough to get some of the worst of them. If you're in a dorm without AC, buy a fan. Bring ants traps and bug spray and keep it in your dorm room. Also be sure to check your room and bathroom for ants and cockroaches. Trust me, those are going to be more of a problem than you think. Make sure all food is kept sealed and take out your trash regularly and they won't overrun your room.

Besides that, it will all be amazing, from the professors to the students to the classes you'll get to take.
What I liked most about William and Mary are the people that go here. Everyone is open, nice and understanding which makes it easier to find friends and a community to be in.
William and Mary is a great school with a strong academic program. The downside is that there is a high level of stress in students. This is made up for by having friends and classmates who are there for each other and going through the same things. Everyone is very supportive of one another.
Overall, the College is an ok school. There is a great academic environment, and students study hard (especially during exam time). The student food selection on campus is very poor and the dorms are terrible (i'm in one as I write this). There is a severe lack of diversity and with being a minority, it is very difficult and unfortunate that I don't have many friends like me. WE NEED MORE DIVERSITY! This can also be said of Williamsburg community, with all 74% white and only 13-14% Blacks. But the good news is that I can get off campus relatively easily with WATA, the local bus service that I can ride for free with ID and I do this almost every other weekend (with shopping/ other things) and I have even gotten to know some of the drivers who work for WATA (some are very nice). But other than, the student life here is pitful and some people are even thinking about transferring. Overall, do not expect to get your money's worth at this school.
I enjoy the variety of extra resources offered here at William and Mary. I love the friendly atmosphere and the endless clubs and organizations here on campus.
It's a really good, pretty boring school. You have to make your own fun for sure. I am really glad I chose this place, the people are mostly really good, the partying lacks.
I love the old school feel of the university. It's such a historical environment, yet the college is still evolving and bettering itself to cater to this current generation of students.
The classes are challenging but not outrageous, I go back to my dorm every day having learned something new. The campus is safe no matter the time of day. The community William & Mary had built is inclusive and welcoming, and the students work hard to make sure everyone feels equal in their place at the college.
My favorite thing about W&M is the abundance of tradition. We have ceremonies throughout the year that you can always count on to celebrate the history of the school and the community within it.
There is still quite a bit of racial/political tension on campus. This really undermines the whole "One Tribe, One Family" mantra that the school so openly boasts.
The College of William and Mary very quickly became my home away from home. I met some of the best people while participating in pep band, studying for classes, and working at Campus Recreation. Everyone is so warm and welcoming, and always pushing you to try new things! There are so many opportunities to take advantage of, whether it be helping with research projects on campus or at VIMS or taking classes on subjects you are completely unfamiliar with. The campus is beautiful and the dorms are fairly decent. The only downside to the school is the food and the fact that the weather can never make up its mind. GO TRIBE!
All of my peers at William and Mary push me to do my very best while also supporting me when things don't go exactly as planned. With such trying academics, a supportive community is one of the most important aspects of a college campus. The one issue on campus that we strive to improve every day is diversity. Some members of a few clubs and organizations around campus are less than aware of the culture surrounding the work environments and activities. One aspect that I believe could be improved on all fronts in inclusion and diversification.
William and Mary is a wonderful school. I would more so advise it to business majors and art majors. In my experience these are the fields that I see people most prepared for the next stage in their life when they graduate. I would not recommend it for people going on to med school unless they are fully confident in their ability to make straight A's under any possible conditions. I have not had any experiences in having bad professors. Some classes are extremely tough however this is necessary. Classes are small so professors are able and always willing to spend a lot of one on one time with students when help is needed. This is a stressful school however their are many resources provided to reduce this stress and help students gain any skills needed to reach their academic goals.
Start Your Review of College of William & Mary
I like it enough. The people are friendly, the professors are fantastic. I came in very skeptical but I have warmed up to it and I have already planned the next three years.
I absolutely love this school. From the academics to the beautiful campus, this really is a great place. The professor are amazing and resources for invaluable advice and help in choosing a career path that is right for you.
The College itself is a good place. The immediate area is quaint, but it is a dead town. Williamsburg is for tourists and townies, most of which are rich old people. It is difficult to do anything in the surrounding area unless you have a car, which is unlikely if you're a freshman or sophomore. The underclassmen dorms are terrible. The food is adequate. Parties are all at off-campus houses and are held by frats/IRC. They’re boring and repetitive. You're not getting into a bar if you're under 21. The classes are not all that challenging, but be ready to take lots of exams. Course registration is a hassle. Don't expect to get half the classes you want - especially as an underclassman. Overall, 2 months into my time here, I'm not impressed by the school. It is a good value for academics and reputation, and the people are generally nice. But as a freshman, you’re limited and get the worst of just about everything. I don't know whether to transfer or suffer until I'm an upperclassman.