College of Western Idaho Reviews

Still a student. Overall I really am enjoying my experience, although a lot of the experience comes from the teachers. They offer and extremely good amount of resources, and I like most of the teachers, but one of my teachers seems to know less than the students taking the class.
The process of admission and figuring out financial aid can be a little frustrating. The cost of classes is amazing! Most professors genuinely care about your education
I like that the college of Western Idaho allows people of lower income an opportunity to go to college as well. Student debt is such an issue, and for myself, just after attending only a year of school, I have accrued thousands of dollars in debt. CWI has offered me a way obtain some of my general education credits at a lower cost that I can transfer to a different school when I’m ready to get my associates degree. I want to succeed so having an education that doesn’t cost as much yet doesn’t sacrifice on quality is important to me.

This isn’t the traditional university experience but these days, most people seem to just want an education and a skill when they leave college, rather than an “experience.” At least this is the case for me. This is why I recommend CWI for anyone looking to get a step up in the world.
Start Your Review of College of Western Idaho
Great affordable option. Professors work well with students. /lots of resources for students planning on transferring.
CWI is a very accessible community college with campuses in Ada County, Nampa and Caldwell in Western Idaho. The staff and faculty are very helpful and friendly, and their One Stop Student Services are fantastic. I relied on them a lot as I was going through the application and transferring process. My classes are wonderful. Each instructor really cares about what they are teaching and their students, and are willing to go out of their way to help you!
As the first college, I went to its hard for me to compare or say what I don't like about this school. On the other hand, though, this school helped me a lot financially and also to have good grades. The amount of their tuition is affordable for most people compare to other colleges. Also, I like how they only have less than 30 students, and teachers are more comfortable to approach. They also have different locations throughout the valley which is so convenient. Another thing that I like is there a lot of online classes. One thing that I wish that might not be possible is to have a four-year course because of I just like the school community and how it's affordable.
I didn't go there yet, but I would like to after I graduate high school from Middleton High School. I graduate may 2019. I would like to start at cwi fall of 2019.
I love the small classrooms, they are really only classes that are 20-30 people instead of having almost 100+ students in a classroom. Teachers really care about the students and take the time to give office hours to kids and make sure that they are on track to graduating from their college.
Sometimes community colleges can be seen as less quality or lower in rank than other four year colleges. The College of Western Idaho has actually exceeded my expectations massively. Almost all of the professors will work hard for your personal success in their class. This has amazed and surprised me with almost every class I have taken. The education in great, I feel prepared and knowledgeable when I finish my classes.
This has been a very affordable college to restart my education at. The college offers a large variety of classes that fit into anyone's schedule. They have online classes and also a few different campuses to attend. The professors are usually professionals in another field so they bring an element of the real word into the classroom. The professors want you to learn and succeed.
so far, I've done concurrent credit through College of Western Idaho and the curriculum is extremely helpful and it has been easy to make it through the classes.
The instructors are passionate. Only real complaint is the limited availability of necessary classes.
CWI is a great school with an awesome atmosphere. the teacher that i had were very good and willing to help if needed. there are so many student services there to help if needed such as the one stop student services to help with registration or finical aid.
My experience with the College of Western Idaho has been mostly positive. The professors here are not only great at what they do, but they also care about the productivity and success of each and every student. This is something that is difficult to find at a University, where the classrooms are larger, and interpersonal relationships with professors are scarce. If I were to change something about this school, it would be the location that classes are offered. I live 45 minutes away from the Nampa campus, and only 15 minutes from the one in Boise, but there are very few classes that are offered at the Boise campus.
I have really enjoyed my time so far. The classes are small, and the faculty really cares about the individual student. The quality of the instruction is excellent, and the price is even better. A great place to get transfer credits!
I liked that it was simple signing up for classes and the campus was really easy to get around. What I would like to see change is the student life. I would like to see more activities and more clubs to get students involved.
CWI is an amazing school. It's now fully accredited. It's inclusive of gender, age, and nationality. All the instructors are willing and ready to help you with anything and everything you may need. They're willing to work with any type of situation and are very understanding about life.
Start Your Review of College of Western Idaho
I love the small atmosphere of college of western Idaho! The student to teacher ratio really works well for me, the teachers know your name and it’s always easy to get help from them!
CWI is an awesome school with the best faculty and staff I could ask for. I am more than just a number there and treated with respect by everyone I meet.
The professors are amazing if you interact with them and it is the same with students. A person can make new good friends and get a good education at the same time for a good price which is fantastic. Also the tutoring center is very helpful if you ever need help and the people in there are very nice so even if you don't need much help you should still go in there and talk to them. There are also good job opportunities there as well if anyone is looking.